Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 10:00 PM

6,622 posts, read 4,937,360 times

Advertisements

My comment about darkness was on point.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2121681/Lets-turn-lights-dear-60-Brits-say-prefer-lovemaking-dark.html
http://www.yourtango.com/201180467/sex-dark-or-leave-lights

Somewhere there probably is an online discussion where people admit they don't want to see their not-so-attractive loved ones naked.

Apparently choice of sexual position also is a way of successfully 'doing it' with an ugly person.

My thread about alcohol as an in-relationship aid also is rooted in reality, probably, if I could read the full text at http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/5063835/Survey-shows-that

Even if people deeply love each other, looks almost always matter.

Last edited by goodheathen; 09-10-2013 at 10:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 10:11 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,436,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
My comment about darkness was on point.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2121681/Lets-turn-lights-dear-60-Brits-say-prefer-lovemaking-dark.html
http://www.yourtango.com/201180467/sex-dark-or-leave-lights

Somewhere there probably is an online discussion where people admit they don't want to see their not-so-attractive loved ones naked.

Apparently choice of sexual position also is a way of successfully 'doing it' with an ugly person.
blindfolds

Old 09-10-2013, 10:36 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,631,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I think people underestimate the power of touch and darkness. Get together when drunk and further on in the relationship turn off the lights and be touchy-feely - the guide to sex for ugly couples.
I think its has more to do with intensifying other senses, by removing ability to see. For women, looks are all that matters. Their youth and beauty are subconscious communicators of fertility. For men, looks mean a little, but are nowhere near the most important factor in attracting women. If men could could give birth however, their looks would be equally as imortant as they are for women.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:05 AM

Men's looks mean a lot. Join me in reality, please.
Physical attractiveness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I'm not saying all ugly man are doomed, but maybe for example an ugly, balding, short man is. Women made snap judgments just like men do, and half-hearted dates and buying 'love' (with money that ugly men are less likely to have) don't constitute success in my book.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:25 AM

Reality is...how you perceive it. If a short, ugly, bolding man believes he is doomed (because of his looks or otherwise), then he truly is doomed. But if he realistically understands that he may not have much to offer in the looks department, and works on improving in other areas of self, ones that he can actually control, then there is absolutely nothing stopping him from finding or attracting women. Millions of short, ugly and bolding men manage just fine, so Im not sure why your hypothetical ugly guy would be an exception. It comes down to guys who are unsuccessful with women, shifting the blame on things they cannot control (looks, height, health issues), instead of looking themselves in a mirror and finding the true reason for their lack of success with the opposite sex. This frame of mind shows lack of responsibility as a man, and responsibility is an important trait of a masculine man. Ugly men are certainly not doomed when it comes to finding a partner, men who are irresponsible and assume self emasculating frame of mind, might be.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:55 AM

You didn't spend more than a few seconds reading that webpage, eh?

Other than with cosmetic surgery and assuming we're talking first-world countries, my hypothetical example wouldn't easily be able to compensate. Looks affect earning potential, for one thing (research galore on that). Personality can hardly be changed.

The unattractive guys who complain can either look better (if possible) or lower their standards (if it's possible to do and not then struggle to feel attracted). Frankly, I don't think the latter is worthwhile if it means pairing up with an unattractive woman.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:28 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,396,029 times
I just realized the OP if this thread..

He thinks looks matter but he starts threads about wearing the same clothes every day, is not well groomed, and overweight..

Dude, of COURSE they matter when you look at people who blatantly dont take care of themselves. When people are at LEAST well groomed, at a healthy weight, and wear normal clean clothes, they matter a lot less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-11-2013, 12:44 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,339,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post

He thinks looks matter but he starts threads about wearing the same clothes every day, is not well groomed, and overweight..

Dude, of COURSE they matter when you look at people who blatantly dont take care of themselves. When people are at LEAST well groomed, at a healthy weight, and wear normal clean clothes, they matter a lot less.

THANK YOU.

What this guy can't seem to understand is that you don't have to look like you just stepped out of freaking GQ magazine. You don't need to have six-pack abs.

What you need to do is give a rip about how you present yourself to the world. Because if you don't respect yourself enough to keep from parading around like a overweight, unkempt, slob, why would you expect the women of the world to respect you either?

Old 09-11-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post

Facial attractiveness, height, (if male) red hair, and other things can trip up someone who is "well groomed, at a healthy weight, and wear[s] normal clean clothes."

Old 09-11-2013, 05:04 PM

Neither looks nor earning potential are necessary for any man to have decent success with women. Its a fact that sooner or later you will have to accept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships