Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 10:52 AM

348 posts, read 499,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Same with me. What I consider attractive, is not really considered that by some of my friends, and what some of my friends find attractive, I prefer differently.
What do you find attractive? I ask because you seem to difficulties finding these women as evident through your posts and threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 10:57 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,244,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow bear View Post
What do you find attractive? I ask because you seem to difficulties finding these women as evident through your posts and threads.
Meeting single women my age would be a start, though I will be in the wrong city for that for another year.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:16 AM

348 posts, read 499,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Meeting single women my age would be a start, though I will be in the wrong city for that for another year.
Seriously?? How? People are everywhere. I don't get this.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:21 AM

943 posts, read 1,005,936 times
HK must live out in the middle of BFE?

Old 09-02-2013, 11:24 AM

368 posts, read 578,534 times
Looks matter to some extent but they don't guarantee you a happy relationship lol, looking good gets you a lot dates but if you don't have a personality to match, those dates won't lead to nothing serious.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:25 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,753,048 times
There could be a lot of reasons; for example: a guy who is not especially good-looking, but makes the best of what he has instead of what he lacks.

It's called a positive "attitude". It makes as much, or more, of a difference than how good or bad you look.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:34 AM

213 posts, read 505,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
Looks matter to some extent but they don't guarantee you a happy relationship lol, looking good gets you a lot dates but if you don't have a personality to match, those dates won't lead to nothing serious.
I'll gladly exchange my position of getting zero dates for the position of being good looking and getting loads of dates even if few of them lead to anything. Gee, that sounds like such a terrible problem to have --- being good looking and effortlessly getting dates with attractive women, waiting until you find one with a compatible personality.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:34 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,947,354 times
Looks are huge. Don't let anyone fool you, but there is a lot that a person can do to change and improve their looks. Guys can get a fashionable hair cut, get in shape, lose some weight, some nice clothes and shoes. They could even get some training in manners and how to act, keep clean, have a reasonably nice car, without going overboard. Women do all kinds of things to improve their looks, men can do the same. Its not all just "natural", either you got or you don't. BS.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:41 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,244,843 times
Anybody who says looks don't matter is either a) a liar or b) trying to convince himself otherwise.

Now, to be sure, looks aren't everything. In fact, looks aren't even most of everything. What's more, attractiveness isn't necessarily about six-packs or long legs or big boobs. Nope, attractiveness is about how you work with what nature gave you, and respecting yourself in the process. Dressing as if you actually care about your appearance, being well-groomed, and pushing away from the all-you-can-eat at Bob's Bodacious Buffet.

At the same time, show me someone who is out of shape, hasn't had a decent haircut in God knows when, and wears clothes as if thrown on them with a pitchfork, then I'll show you someone who is going to be roundly ignored. After all, if you don't respect yourself to take good care of yourself, why should you expect the rest of the world to notice you either?

Old 09-02-2013, 11:46 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,074,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Anybody who says looks don't matter is either a) a liar or b) trying to convince himself otherwise.

Now, to be sure, looks aren't everything. In fact, looks aren't even most of everything. What's more, attractiveness isn't necessarily about six-packs or long legs or big boobs. Nope, attractiveness is about how you work with what nature gave you, and respecting yourself in the process. Dressing as if you actually care about your appearance, being well-groomed, and pushing away from the all-you-can-eat at Bob's Bodacious Buffet.

At the same time, show me someone who is out of shape, hasn't had a decent haircut in God knows when, and wears clothes as if thrown on them with a pitchfork, then I'll show you someone who is going to be roundly ignored. After all, if you don't respect yourself to take good care of yourself, why should you expect the rest of the world to notice you either?
^^^^^This.

Being attracted to someone is not the same as them being attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships