Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2014, 08:10 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,807,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Generally speaking women only get "bold" and ask out guys they deem highly desirable, like a guy has to really be worth it to put herself out there risk rejection, ego being crushed, and breaking the social norm of the guys doing to initiating. Men don't do this, we ask out all types of women. I know many guys who say "well I've never been approached or asked out by a girl", well Its likely because no woman has ever thought of you on that level.

The thing is a most of those guys aren't losers, they're average to above average dudes who a good portion have been or are currently in relationships
Honestly, I really rather have a man just reject me to my face so I can move on than for them to do that games they do when they really aren't interested in you and string you along because they think you were "desperate enough" to approach them. Both hurt the ego but one is the emotional equivalent of having a bandaid quickly pulled off and the other the equivalent of slowly pulling it off over a long period of time.

You should agree with me because I voted you were awesome in your other post lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 08:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Generally speaking women only get "bold" and ask out guys they deem highly desirable, like a guy has to really be worth it to put herself out there risk rejection, ego being crushed, and breaking the social norm of the guys doing to initiating. Men don't do this, we ask out all types of women.
Maybe you do, but if you listen to the women here who have been posting, many of them don't get approached either because they are not "highly desirable." The idea that the average or below-average woman has men approaching her right and left does not play out in reality.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:49 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post

Also since tall muscular good looking guys are more likely to sleep around....aren't they more likely to have STDs?
as a tall muscular good looking guy, I object to this. I don't sleep around at all, partly because I don't want any STD's. I have high standards and know I have more choice in my women then most, and I also know I am safe from being approached because I intimidate women, and that I can safeguard even more by being more stoic/quiet, i.e not giving them a reason to approach me. I like my privacy and I'm more introverted, I also only like hooking up with women who I am interested in, sex actually means something to me. So I work to maintain the best of both worlds, privacy when I want it, and fun interactions with women I am interested in when I want it. Having every woman coming after me would be annoying and overwhelming, only dogs go around sticking their junk in every girl they can find as if it might be the last chance they will ever get.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:54 AM

306 posts, read 299,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Is this how a woman writes off a rejection?

"Look I tried to talk to him and laughed at his jokes but he didn't ask for my number! Obviously he is not interested! Look another time I tried to be nice and got rejected!"
This women if you don't ask to go out or ask for a number you didn't get rejected your imagining the rejection.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:57 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,689 times
Quote:
Generally speaking women only get "bold" and ask out guys they deem highly desirable, like a guy has to really be worth it to put herself out there risk rejection, ego being crushed, and breaking the social norm of the guys doing to initiating. Men don't do this, we ask out all types of women. I know many guys who say "well I've never been approached or asked out by a girl", well Its likely because no woman has ever thought of you on that level.

The thing is a most of those guys aren't losers, they're average to above average dudes who a good portion have been or are currently in relationships
lol. I have personally witnessed Leo Dicaprio in a club, and what the behavior of women was around him. One could say he is more worth the risk than almost any man in the world.

Women didn't approach him, AT ALL. Not ONE time. They lingered in his general area, flipping they're hair, throwing him sultry glances, but none of them had the nerve to go up to him. One girl in my group was all super confident, saying "I'm going to f*** Leo tonight" and such things. She wandered over and ended up doing the same thing other women were, hanging around him but not initiating anything. They were hoping he would, to them what they were doing WAS initiating, WAS approaching.

Women just go about it differently. Either play by the rules/reality of the game or get off the field.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Because they ask for my number. What aren't you getting?
Its funny that a man has to ask for a womens number to show he's interested if she approaches wouldn't him accepting be evidence enough? Also should a women do something other than accepting his date offer to show she's interested if not you can't ask this of men.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
lol. I have personally witnessed Leo Dicaprio in a club, and what the behavior of women was around him. One could say he is more worth the risk than almost any man in the world.

Women didn't approach him, AT ALL. Not ONE time. They lingered in his general area, flipping they're hair, throwing him sultry glances, but none of them had the nerve to go up to him. One girl in my group was all super confident, saying "I'm going to f*** Leo tonight" and such things. She wandered over and ended up doing the same thing other women were, hanging around him but not initiating anything. They were hoping he would, to them what they were doing WAS initiating, WAS approaching.

Women just go about it differently. Either play by the rules/reality of the game or get off the field.
+1 This is why im out of the game at 26 I did all the approaching because women did all the things women say shos there interested. That didn't work so I said I would wait till women approach you can guess how that turned out. Now adays its work xbox and weed.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:29 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doobalistic View Post
Its funny that a man has to ask for a womens number to show he's interested if she approaches wouldn't him accepting be evidence enough? Also should a women do something other than accepting his date offer to show she's interested if not you can't ask this of men.
Why would I offer my number AFTER he asked for it? This is my point. Men that are interested usually ask for numbers - or they ask if I have a boyfriend or they ask me out, etc. This was my experience when I was single or even when I wasn't single. Men asked me out. They asked for my number. When they were interested - they asked me for these things before I had a chance to do anything. And the majority of the time - I wasn't single so I didn't do anything. But when I was single or was able to date, and I started talking to someone - if they were interested - they made a move.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:30 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Ok. This might be my inexperience coming into play, but a woman can send me all the signals in the world. I will be clueless. Just saying.
Yes, that is your inexperience. You have said that you have avoided women your entire life. If you have avoided women your entire life - you are going to be clueless. That isn't the fault of women. That was your choice.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Why would I offer my number AFTER he asked for it? This is my point. Men that are interested usually ask for numbers - or they ask if I have a boyfriend or they ask me out, etc. This was my experience when I was single or even when I wasn't single. Men asked me out. They asked for my number. When they were interested - they asked me for these things before I had a chance to do anything. And the majority of the time - I wasn't single so I didn't do anything. But when I was single or was able to date, and I started talking to someone - if they were interested - they made a move.
I never said he asked for your number he might have just said hi but I get it your talking about obvious signs of interest. Well come to the world of men you want obvious signs but you don't give any if a women doesn't say hey I would like to go out or can Iget your number you weren't obvious atleast to the men who get little or no attention from women and there are alot of us walking around. This is exactly why I think womenshould approach mre they probably would get alot mre dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships