Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 02:19 PM

663 posts, read 779,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Turn it around... he knows she interested in him... she approached him. How does she know he's interested in her if he doesn't ask for her number. Up to that point, he's done NOTHING to show the least bit of interest up to that point.
He doesn't know she is interested in him.

So everytime a girl is friendly to me, I assume she is interested in me? lol the quote below is what happens.

You get people who think every time a girl is friendly, they are interested.

unless the girl actually asks a guy out, she could just be friendly to everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 03:00 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,811,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
He doesn't know she is interested in him.

So everytime a girl is friendly to me, I assume she is interested in me? lol the quote below is what happens.

You get people who think every time a girl is friendly, they are interested.

unless the girl actually asks a guy out, she could just be friendly to everyone.
Okay, there is a BIG difference between someone asking you to borrow a pencil, asking for change, or asking you which floor on the elevator and actually breaking the ice and having a 10-20 minute conversation with someone complete with smiling, flirting, etc.

Sounds like we are talking about two different things.

I can tell you from a woman's point of view, even if a man is only vaguely interested in you he will give a number and such (if single). I am not interested in a wishy-washy man who may or may not be just waiting for the next best thing to come along. I am interested in a man who is attracted enough to me to see that I am worth a little discomfort of asking for that number because I went though all the discomfort of initiating things in the first place. I made it easier for him because now he doesn't have to cold approach. If he can't make that itty-bitty investment--he's pretty much telling me I am not worth it. And like Liberty said, most men will ask if they are interested.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:42 PM

663 posts, read 779,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Okay, there is a BIG difference between someone asking you to borrow a pencil, asking for change, or asking you which floor on the elevator and actually breaking the ice and having a 10-20 minute conversation with someone complete with smiling, flirting, etc.

Sounds like we are talking about two different things.

I can tell you from a woman's point of view, even if a man is only vaguely interested in you he will give a number and such (if single). I am not interested in a wishy-washy man who may or may not be just waiting for the next best thing to come along. I am interested in a man who is attracted enough to me to see that I am worth a little discomfort of asking for that number because I went though all the discomfort of initiating things in the first place. I made it easier for him because now he doesn't have to cold approach. If he can't make that itty-bitty investment--he's pretty much telling me I am not worth it. And like Liberty said, most men will ask if they are interested.

So what? She could be smiling to be friendly.

Just because a girl is friendly doesn't mean she wants to date you lol.

At work everyone is smiling. All the ladies and half who are married are smiling and talking to you. Does that mean they want to divorce and date you? No. They are just being friendly.

I crack jokes all the time with a coworker who is married. Does that mean she wants to date?

I mean lol right here.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:02 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,319,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lx1337 View Post
It is a very simple question.
I have been asked out by a woman once. But the majority of women will not even ask men out.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:37 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,801,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I have been asked out by a woman once. But the majority of women will not even ask men out.
Same, once in my life. I was speechless.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:16 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,270,390 times
Quote:
the majority of women won't even start a conversation first

Old 04-03-2014, 08:11 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,409,413 times
It was so much better in the old days when a Guy would knock a woman in the head and drag her to his cave. Just wouldn't look right a woman doing this

brushrunner

Old 04-03-2014, 08:13 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,409,413 times
Truth been asked out many times never botherd me.

brushrunner

Old 04-03-2014, 08:15 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,319,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
the majority of women won't even start a conversation first
Exactly! They want the man to do everything. However, I asked a beautiful woman out and she said yes on my 4th try.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:21 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,198,855 times
Quote:
Exactly! They want the man to do everything. However, I asked a beautiful woman out and she said yes on my 4th try.
I thought you were trying to change your woman hating attitude?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships