Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 05:09 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enil View Post
I'm a divorce attorney. Are you telling me you know more about my job than I do? Ain't that cute. Scandinavia doesn't have much of a dating scene. The Scandinavians have some of the lowest births per year in Europe, and Marriage and co-habitation are going down with each passing year. I know many Nordics who don't even date at all, they use hook-up sites. if that's how you imagine the dating world is going to become like in the US, in the future, then you are pretty much right. How old are you? You seem a bit too naive.
If you're a divorce att'y, you should be doing a good job of helping your male clients avoid alimony, like my brother, the divorce attorney, does.

Alimony has changed a lot in the last 20+ years. It's not like a lot of posters here imagine, a ball and chain men or women are stuck with for life. Especially in Canada, it's becoming rare, but even in the US (YMMV, depending on the state), when there's any need for it at all (also an increasingly less frequent situation, given that most women work now, many earning close to equal or more than their spouse), it's a temporary arrangement, with an end date and a requirement that the ex-wife get an education or otherwise acquire a marketable skill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 03:56 PM

76 posts, read 177,638 times
Also I don't think women WANT men as much men WANT women. I have heard that women purposefully don't have sex with men for a year or so. And some that just never have a man in their lives, like my aunt. But men have to have a woman in their lives. Their emotional and physical well-being depend on it. As for women? They tend to live a long time without a man.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:59 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative36 View Post
Also I don't think women WANT men as much men WANT women. I have heard that women purposefully don't have sex with men for a year or so. And some that just never have a man in their lives, like my aunt. But men have to have a woman in their lives. Their emotional and physical well-being depend on it. As for women? They tend to live a long time without a man.
I feel that's a misconception. Women want men just as much as men want a woman. There will always be some men and women who don't want a SO, though.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:04 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative36 View Post
How old are you? Just curious because these seem like strange ideas for an adult to have.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:34 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,925 times
I sure wish a woman would show interest in me, not necessarily ask me out, because I feel like that's too artificial, but after being friends for a while I wish someone would show interest in being intimate.

Maybe I'm just down because of all the bad experiences I've had with it, but it seems pretty far away at this point.

There was someone on facebook who said I was hot, but it turned out she lived on the other side of the state -- she lives in LA, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, over four hours away driving distance (and I don't have a car or know how to drive) -- and she has a minor child. Besides, I don't think she would think I was hot if she saw me in real life, since I'm 5'7 and 170. My pics are dead on, not to the side, and while most people don't notice me having a gut, I do have one. But anyway I don't have any romantic feelings for her so that doesn't count.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:07 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,996 times
ya seriously, what is the logic behind why men are hunters?

Old 04-01-2014, 06:28 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
I have been asked out before, but women are usually more subtle about it. I do remember this one time when I was around 27 my the girl who moved in next door to me walked across the landing which we shared, knocked, and asked if I wanted to get a drink with her. I thought she was kind of hot actually so I happily accepted and we had a good time. Turned out she was kind of a little cray-cray though so I'm glad it never went beyond harmless fun.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:56 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahahihihoho9x View Post
Then u have been with the wrong women. I dont care about money and in fact guys with lots of money scare me. I care more about his intelligence and personality. Of course, he has to make the same or a bit more money than I do. I can not just feed him or something.
Yep, that sounds about right.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:00 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykatlady View Post
When my husband and I met 28 years ago, we were at a bar talking in a group of people. We didn't know each other but we just started talking to each other because we both were kind of left out of the main conversation. We just kept talking for a couple of hours and finally I just asked him if he wanted my phone number.

I don't think he would have asked me for my number because he was really shy back then. He was probably just hoping that he would see me again at the same bar.

Don't tell me that women don't initiate!

Generally, I believe that men were created to hunt and women were created to be the hunted. Is, was and always shall be.
I asked out my husband too. I have asked guys out in the past, but the majority of times I dated someone they had asked me. So I probably asked guys out 5%-7% of my dating past. It was usually a guy I was very attracted to and he was shy. Most guys who asked me out first, I gave pretty blatant signals to. The hair toss, smiling big,intermittent staring, and talking to them in an animated way.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:11 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're on the wrong forum. Nobody here on C-D believes women who say this.

...except the other women.
I do care more about personality and intelligence than money in a mate. I also have to find them sexually attractive. I dated some really poor guys and almost married someone who didn't go to college and worked a dead end job. But that's another story.

My husband did not have any money when we met, and I paid for a lot of stuff. I had 3 jobs and was in school full time. Later, after he got a good job we split everything 50/50. Now after 18+ years we move around for his job, so I quit teaching and he pays for everything. But we decided to do this together. If he was fired and we had to live in a double wide trailer, I would still love him and stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships