Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 09:09 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,735,076 times

Advertisements

Everyone gets pigeon-holed in some way and no one likes it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 09:10 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,735,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
I know a 10 in nearly every way (looks, career, personality) who stays away from guys that are like 10s because she has a hard time finding them faithful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Yes I believe this.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:21 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,975,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I would think most random guys that aren't blind are approaching me for looks alone as they know nothing about me. I don't think me being very attractive has much to do with being approached based on looks as I think that goes for most gals that aren't unattractive as I find generally guys approach based on looks.

I'm not talking about any actual guy but the hypothetical guy you proposed the 'he' I'm talking about is from your question: " What I meant by 'How would we know'' is a guy wanting to interact with you and to get to know you for relationship purposes. How would you know if he ONLY wants you for looks as sole purpose?"

Egh in my opinion it doesn't matter how else a guy gets to know me as most likely his decision to approach me will be based on my looks. Plenty of guys get to know gals through friends, work, school, hobbies, etc however most likely the guys approach based on whether they find her attractive not because they got to know her. I'm curious as to why you seemed to be focused on the being approached based on looks unless my decision to reject based on looks as I'm approached based on looks is what's unsettling to you as you want a hot gal and don't like the idea of being rejected for your looks (?)

If he was not approaching me based on looks then I'd reject him based on personality as likely that's he is approaching me based on.
However not being approached based on looks has only happened once with a blind guy.

FWIW, I have NEVER been rejected by a woman that told me "I am not good looking enough."
Even though, that IS why I get rejected often. But not one time has a woman actually told me that I wasn' good looking enough for her.
I have also never seen someone rejected by a woman that used such a line for rejection.

I have been rejected A LOT. haha.
And still, no one has EVER directly come out and said, "you aren't good looking enough"

wow, your rational on why it's ok to say something like that. just wow.
Supply, meet demand.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:42 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,555,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
FWIW, I have NEVER been rejected by a woman that told me "I am not good looking enough."
Even though, that IS why I get rejected often. But not one time has a woman actually told me that I wasn' good looking enough for her.
I have also never seen someone rejected by a woman that used such a line for rejection.

I have been rejected A LOT. haha.
And still, no one has EVER directly come out and said, "you aren't good looking enough"

wow, your rational on why it's ok to say something like that. just wow.
Supply, meet demand.

i briefly chatted with her. she is is not your typical hot chick. she is what i called a genetic mutant with damn near perfect dna. looks brains and body im sure and overachiever. she is the model for the mold. she can probably slice up any guy as you can see how she responds. i deal with high powered professionals all the time and quickly noticed something different about her online so i respectfully inquired a bit.

if your lucky you will get to know a man or woman like that one day. these are very rare individuals. I worked for someone like that for a couple of years, he was high octane up at 4:30am running 5-7mi, west point and havard honors grad, 6'1, tremendous ppl skills works and active to 11pm and do it again and again. i had met him 15years prior and knew of his reputation then. his best friend was General David Petraeus, who i also worked for a bit through my boss. Petraeus is another one of those type of individuals.

the other day i was tweeting with sophie turner a hot ass model/actress with pretty much my education level (overeducated). it totally surprised me when i found out her education level because i thought she was just another blonde making the most of her looks. not so at all. she is more educated that 90 percent of practicing attorneys. check her out, she also has a clip giving a commencement speech.

https://twitter.com/sophieturner1

Old 09-16-2013, 09:57 AM

620 posts, read 1,038,141 times
I would imagine that most guys who are below average looking like myself would just avoid these kind of women.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:09 AM

31,359 posts, read 22,341,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Yeah can't blame them. If I could use my looks to my advantage why wouldn't you? You're gonna get hassled either way, may as well make the man pay, haha jk.

If I were a woman I definitely WOULD NOT want to a 9/10 though. Imagine getting hassled by all these random men, I think it might turn me off men.

No, I'm glad I have the freedom to go anywhere, by myself, without getting bugged.
"You're gonna get hassled either way"
Constantly being approached would be a pain in the ass. If I was a '10' woman being approached 20 times a day I would develop an attitude too.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You seem to have an extremely high opinion of yourself! (some) attractive women think too much of themselves for a pleasurable relationship, one of my earliest girlfriends was (is) one of the most beautiful women I have ever laid eyes on - great to look at - absolute hell to go out with!!
dude, when you know you have qualities that everyone wants, you don't need ppl to boost your ego. you just are and know no other frame of mind. and ppl like you are always trying to "bring them down to earth" or expect them to act in a certain manner but reality is you just have a difficult time accepting them as they are.

it's like hating on royalty because they think they are special. well guess what, only very few have blue blood.

it's also like the difference between old money and new money, they have different perspective based on their reality and experience.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:36 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,387,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
What have been your experiences with women who are known as super attractive by almost all men and women. I don't like to use the scale but let's say 9s or 10s and 10 being the most attractive.

What kind of men do they go out with?

Is this a myth? They go out with men with status? Professionals (Doctors, Lawyers, Engineers, etc), generally men with 6 figures or more income?

They go out with men who are also 9s and 10s who are known as super attractive by almost all men and women?

Do they get approached all the time? We already know that they get tons of messages everyday in the match profiles.
In my experience, there really is no rhyme or reason to who a "super-attractive woman" goes out with. Also, I don't think that a woman that "almost everyone" finds attractive actually exist. There are too many factors that come into play like culture, sexual orientation, preferences, fetishes,...

Old 09-16-2013, 11:39 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,387,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longneck Bottle View Post
How about this girls......???

How come the 4-5 thinks he's a 8/9/10?

While the 7/8/9 thinks he's a 4?

Ever wonder how that works out. LOL

I've seen so many men who didn't stand a snowballs chance in hell busta move.

Are you kidding?

You have way too much self esteem. HaHaHaHa!!

Too many men live up that confidence, intelligence, ex (a) (b) (c) BS.....

If you are an ugly mug, she won't say yes........

Deal with it.

I have it the other way around.

Plenty good looking but women don't like my past, or my job, or hobbies and interest. LOL

Oh well, can't please 'em all. lol
That ain't the case for this ugly mug. I even get approached by "super attractive women". Then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Exactly, it's prejudice.
call it whatever you want but the reality is that we all engage in some form of discrimination when it comes to having people in our lives, from friends to dates and mates. and discrimination is only really exercising our personal preference with whom we want to be associated with, enjoy their company, or be romantic and intimate with.

like here on CDR, some women will not date virgins/guys will poor social skills, some people have a certain age preferences, others desire a more emotional connection. but ppl are not one dimensional, we are all complex individuals. so you really cant generalize or characterize them based on that one quality. and it's narrow minded doing so, and often fairly revealing about your true underlying motives, opinion, and perspective, i.e., who you really are instead of what you are saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships