Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 07:55 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Based on what the OP said, she's not. She's already had to cover up a few lies because she started getting the guys confused.

I don't really understand the lying part. Why do it? Just say "I have other plans" and leave it at that, or "I'm not available that night". When you're dating someone, and if you're a bit mature (this is key), you should know better than to pry into it any more after hearing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 07:58 AM

589 posts, read 639,298 times
This is why multi dating is a bad concept. Someone almost always gets hurt and the individual usually isn't completely honest.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:00 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,239,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't really understand the lying part. Why do it? Just say "I have other plans" and leave it at that, or "I'm not available that night". When you're dating someone, and if you're a bit mature (this is key), you should know better than to pry into it any more after hearing that.
Exactly! Lying is how people get caught. Just tell the guys, "Hey, just so you know, I'm not looking for a committed relationship and not looking to date exclusively." and just leave it at that.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:09 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Exactly! Lying is how people get caught. Just tell the guys, "Hey, just so you know, I'm not looking for a committed relationship and not looking to date exclusively." and just leave it at that.
She can't do that because it will spoil all her fun, because likely when these guys find out, after 2 months of dating, they're not going to stick around. Honesty will ruin the good time she's having.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:16 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,239,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
She can't do that because it will spoil all her fun, because likely when these guys find out, after 2 months of dating, they're not going to stick around. Honesty will ruin the good time she's having.
Ah yes, the thrill of sneaking around. Silly me lol

Old 10-22-2013, 09:59 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
That's a "right" that, IMO, doesn't exist. Just because many people might not want to date you if they knew something about you doesn't mean you're obligated to disclose that information. If things were different, they wouldn't be the same.
Wow. That is probably the most self-serving bunch of baloney I have ever heard on CD. And as you can imagine, that is up against some pretty stiff competition.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:13 AM

393 posts, read 466,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Wow. That is probably the most self-serving bunch of baloney I have ever heard on CD. And as you can imagine, that is up against some pretty stiff competition.
It's not "self-serving" when it works both ways. I don't think it's any of my business if someone I'm seeing is involved with someone else.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:14 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
It's not "self-serving" when it works both ways. I don't think it's any of my business if someone I'm seeing is involved with someone else.

Correct. It isn't, until you discuss exclusivity. Just because you're going on dates with someone doesn't mean their life is an open book to you.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:22 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Correct. It isn't, until you discuss exclusivity. Just because you're going on dates with someone doesn't mean their life is an open book to you.
If she's going around sleeping with 3 other guys because she's not in a relationship, chances are she's not the type of girl I'd want to date anyways. I'd prefer to know so I could find someone better

Old 10-23-2013, 06:37 AM

7 posts, read 13,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If she's going around sleeping with 3 other guys because she's not in a relationship, chances are she's not the type of girl I'd want to date anyways. I'd prefer to know so I could find someone better
I don't want a committed relationship and really don't care about this ''Oh will I find Mr Right'' thing (and never did). I don't like the idea of being stuck with one person for years. There's is too much responsibilities within a relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships