Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 06:03 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post
What in the world is this? You Do understand that blaming a father for his son's Teacher "making him pay a price" is sick? IF this Teacher makes this child "pay a price" then she needs to be fired. That's HER doing

Ego, insecurities or anything you can imagine reading doesn't justify such. That's an abusive mindset. And there is no indication his wife is "insecure". So no need for put downs. This is about his son, remember?
I agree that this SITUATION sick, and it IS supposed to be about the son.

But here all we have is the father's version of events. And he admits that he is clueless to women hitting on him. He needed the wife's encouragement to believe it. In addition, he did not post this in the Education forum or the Parenting forum, but in the Relationships forum, which I believe is very telling about HIS point of view.

If this teacher is indeed that blatant in her flirting and favoritism, she would not still be teaching.

I believe there is a LOT more to this story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 06:32 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

But here all we have is the father's version of events. And he admits that he is clueless to women hitting on him. He needed the wife's encouragement to believe it. In addition, he did not post this in the Education forum or the Parenting forum, but in the Relationships forum, which I believe is very telling about HIS point of view.
He can't be that clueless. He said he was "irresistible."

Quote:
If this teacher is indeed that blatant in her flirting and favoritism, she would not still be teaching.

Yeah, I believe that as well.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:39 AM

803 posts, read 1,879,692 times
my twin grls are in pre k. The same class and so far, I volunteered at 2 class/field trips, a harvest festival and I was asked if i can help out with the class during a special activity held at the school.

Im thinking, it seems a bit strange to be a volunteer all the time. Maybe the teacher doesnt need her in the classroom all the time. Your wife is not the teacher. The teacher is.. And the teacher has a rite to tell her not to be in the classroom.

There are 3 sides to this story, what the teacher said, what the wife said and the truth. When i first read the original post to this thread, I thought wow! this teacher is some piece of work.. to be flirting with a husband and telling the wife to "F" off.

But now that im reading more of this, Im starting to think that this whole situation was brought on by your wifes jealousy!

Jwiley, you mentioned that your wife knows that the teacher is someone who you would be attracted to AND you also mentioned that the teacher is younger than your wife.

I would CERTAINLY not bring up the teachers behavior to the principal or administration. you and your wife would look foolish. Volunteers are needed in classrooms and in and around the school but for a teacher to say she is not needed...

That speaks volumes. Perhaps your wife rubbed your sons teachers nerves the wrong way, or maybe , just maybe, the teacher doesnt really need volunteers at this time.

the part where she is overly nice to you, could be that shes friendly or maybe shes not overly nice and you took it the wrong way BECAUSE your wife already has it in her head that you would be attracted to the teacher and the teacher is younger than her. Jealousy really clouds vision.

Teachers are always handing out fliers of upcoming activities, nxt time theres a chance to volunteer, see if your wife is able too. have your wife check the form saying yes she can volunteer or show up at the event if the flier says a time and date for helpers to be there.

PTA, they are always in the school working on a project for the kids, or volunteering some way. This isnt the end of the world. But it should be the end of the thought of this so called "crush" this teacher has that is making it SOOO uncomfortable. obviously, everyone else is doing fine.

The only one who seems to be uncomfortable is your wife.. and you.

next time, dont tell your wife what type of women float your boat. Even if she has a suspicion that you are attracted to a female friend or the next teacher, dont agree with her. tell her something that you are not attracted to about the female.. even if you have to make it up/

the fact that your wife even thinks like that shows that she has major issues of her own self image. A healthy marriage shouldnt even consist of the thoughts your wife has about how you are attracted or would be attracted to whoever. thats so tacky. you guys are older now with kids, grow up.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:25 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post
To the OP:
Sorry this is happening to you all. Your son deserves to have his mother in his class with him,
No, he doesn't. Parents do not belong in a second grade classroom on a daily basis. Ridiculous.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:28 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post
my twin grls are in pre k. The same class and so far, I volunteered at 2 class/field trips, a harvest festival and I was asked if i can help out with the class during a special activity held at the school.

Im thinking, it seems a bit strange to be a volunteer all the time. Maybe the teacher doesnt need her in the classroom all the time. Your wife is not the teacher. The teacher is.. And the teacher has a rite to tell her not to be in the classroom.

There are 3 sides to this story, what the teacher said, what the wife said and the truth. When i first read the original post to this thread, I thought wow! this teacher is some piece of work.. to be flirting with a husband and telling the wife to "F" off.

But now that im reading more of this, Im starting to think that this whole situation was brought on by your wifes jealousy!

Jwiley, you mentioned that your wife knows that the teacher is someone who you would be attracted to AND you also mentioned that the teacher is younger than your wife.

I would CERTAINLY not bring up the teachers behavior to the principal or administration. you and your wife would look foolish. Volunteers are needed in classrooms and in and around the school but for a teacher to say she is not needed...

That speaks volumes. Perhaps your wife rubbed your sons teachers nerves the wrong way, or maybe , just maybe, the teacher doesnt really need volunteers at this time.

the part where she is overly nice to you, could be that shes friendly or maybe shes not overly nice and you took it the wrong way BECAUSE your wife already has it in her head that you would be attracted to the teacher and the teacher is younger than her. Jealousy really clouds vision.

Teachers are always handing out fliers of upcoming activities, nxt time theres a chance to volunteer, see if your wife is able too. have your wife check the form saying yes she can volunteer or show up at the event if the flier says a time and date for helpers to be there.

PTA, they are always in the school working on a project for the kids, or volunteering some way. This isnt the end of the world. But it should be the end of the thought of this so called "crush" this teacher has that is making it SOOO uncomfortable. obviously, everyone else is doing fine.

The only one who seems to be uncomfortable is your wife.. and you.

next time, dont tell your wife what type of women float your boat. Even if she has a suspicion that you are attracted to a female friend or the next teacher, dont agree with her. tell her something that you are not attracted to about the female.. even if you have to make it up/

the fact that your wife even thinks like that shows that she has major issues of her own self image. A healthy marriage shouldnt even consist of the thoughts your wife has about how you are attracted or would be attracted to whoever. thats so tacky. you guys are older now with kids, grow up.
Fantastic post - couldn't have written it better myself ^^^.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:31 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,539 times
This is a very tricky situation, because potentially any way you would confront this would negatively affect your child and his overall experience at school.

I have had that happen, and it is impossible to tell a child that the way the teacher behaves is not about him at all. Her obvious attention toward you demonstrates that this teacher is capable of behaving in an extremely unprofessional and immature way.

An aside: this is how bullying starts and is exacerbated in the classroom -- teachers play favorites, and the favored child lords it over others, and it becomes a vicious circle throughout the school years. Inversely, if a child is NOT favored by the teacher, the kids soon learn that he is "fair game" and he becomes bullied in the classroom and playground. It's an atrocious scenario that I've seen over and over, especially when teachers have some growing up to do themselves.

I'm going to strongly suggest that you NOT give this any attention at all. Any conversation with the teacher should be strictly about your child and his progress. Never, as in NEVER, meet with the teacher alone. Only go with your wife. If she tries to take you aside, keep the conversation on track, frown and say "How is Jimmy's reading? Should we be doing more with his math skills at home? Who are the children Jimmy usually plays with, we'd like to get together with the parents to get a play group going during vacations." Send the message that any interaction with the teacher is 100% ABOUT THE CHILD.

Because, that's what you want, isn't it? Isn't it? Ultimately, this is not a middle-school love triangle. This is your child and the 3 people he should trust most in the world. It is super-important that you focus on that, and not spend any more time daydreaming about this teacher who is crushing on you, and your hotness as a mac daddy.

(To reiterate -- you may well be a special man, but teachers do this all the time, and it's only an indication of their emotional immaturity -- NOT their age)

Old 11-05-2013, 12:18 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

And, to suggest that your son would get preferential treatment because you think she has a crush on you? Yes, because teachers can't possibly conduct themselves in a professional manner

I don't know of ANY teacher that would do this...even those that have had major issues with parents.

This is YOUR experience with teachers in your school or in your area. Trust me, MY OWN DAUGHTER was made an example in front of her class several times because her teacher was a complete b*tch. My daughter has a learning disabilty and some teachers seem to think this is something fabricated. Instead of following procedures she would put my daughter in the doorway or make her sit with her desk turned around. Don't tell me what teachers DON'T do.

Do you ever read a newspaper or hear the news about how some teachers are inappropriate with their students? Really professional, huh?

Old 11-05-2013, 09:34 PM

442 posts, read 588,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
He can't be that clueless. He said he was "irresistible."
This is one reason why quotes are important, especially if you choose to think the worst and post such as a response to someone asking for help.

Here's what he said-

"As for my wife, I already go out of my way to do stuff such as you suggest, which is one reason some women hate me, but some find me irresistible.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
No, he doesn't. Parents do not belong in a second grade classroom on a daily basis. Ridiculous.
No one has indicated such, to my knowledge

Old 11-05-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
of view. If this teacher is indeed that blatant in her flirting and favoritism, she would not still be teaching.
Alot of things go on between Teachers and Students. And all too often, alot of people know about it. Yet do nothing. Just saying
Quote:
Agreed, there always is. But we just do our best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships