Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 08:15 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,986 times

Advertisements

I have a situation that I really do not know how to handle, but it is fast becoming a problem for my wife, and could become a problem for my son.

I am pretty sure that my son's 2nd grade teacher has a crush on me. At 1st I thought it was all in my wife's head, and ignored it, but for the Halloween party she went out of her way to speak to me, and in front of my wife's friends treated me considerably nicer and was much friendlier to me than to any other parents. I picked up on it, despite not being all that good at being able to tell when I get hit on, but I ignored it and did not want to believe it.

To complicate things this teacher has went out of her way to make sure my wife does not feel comfortable volunteering in the classroom which is something my wife has always done with both of our kids. Unfortunately my wife's friends did not miss any of it, and brought it up to my wife.Who went from slightly annoyed/concerned to really upset about the whole mess.

Now I will say that this teacher is very attractive, younger then my wife and I, and is someone who I would have been interested in back when I was single, and my wife knows it. I have also been hit on many times over the years, but usually it is someone not a long term fixture in my life, or is a business contact and not someone that my wife spends any time around. While it is a nice boost to the ego when you get hit on, I am married and have been for a long time and have no interest in cheating on my wife. While my wife knows this, she is somewhat temperamental and I am getting concerned that she may raise hell about it.

Outside of changing my sons school, I do not know what to do about this situation, as I am concerned that my son will pay the price if my wife decides to start raising hell about this whole situation. so my question is has anybody else on here been in this situation? What can I do to keep my wife happy, while not upsetting the teacher and having my son have to deal with the problems? Is it wrong to reassure my wife that nothing will happen, but tell her repeatedly not to mention it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 08:18 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Do nothing. Nothing at all. Your son will be changing grades and teachers in just a few months.

How long have you been married, btw?

Old 11-04-2013, 08:20 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Do nothing. Nothing at all. Your son will be changing grades and teachers in just a few months.

How long have you been married, btw?
It will be 15 years in February.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:22 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
It's nice that you still have it, but yes the yr will be over before you know it.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:23 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,168 times
Can you use the situation to your advantage, remaining diplomatic with all sides and just making sure you are not put in a compromising position? Perhaps your wife could volunteer in another classroom?

Old 11-04-2013, 08:23 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
It will be 15 years in February.
Okay. Don't worry. You haven't done anything so there is nothing that you need to do differently or change. Like I said, it's a temporary situation anyway.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:25 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
What she said. Avoid the teacher and wait it out. If she's still smitten and continues to flirt with you next year, you can either tell her that she is making you and your wife very uncomfortable or talk to the principal. I wouldn't do anything this year. It's much easier to give her a wide berth than to open a can of worms that--you're right--might affect your son while he is in her class.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:33 AM

204 posts, read 351,255 times
scratch your butt, pick your nose and wave your boogers around her hair that should solve the issue.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:35 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
What you have is a molehill. Yet, you're trying to turn it into a mountain.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:38 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
Wait it out and avoid contact. I wouldn't worry about your son losing out, it's 2nd grade. Nothing is too serious then, although it is part of building the foundation. I doubt the teacher is going to risk her job over spite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships