Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 06:38 PM

10 posts, read 10,573 times

Advertisements

I broke up with her before... and she went pretty crazy. She said she left her ex for me and now can't believe that I wanted to leave her. She didn't eat for a week, lost a ton of weight and really got sick. I ended up getting back together with her because it truthfully scared me. I know now that she was manipulating me and actually went to look up antisocial personality disorder, as what suggested by stepka.

She falls across almost every symptom.

This girl is beyond gorgeous, is intelligent to a fault, and is used to controlling and manipulating those around her. It's taken me a long time to realize that and just now -- texted her and told her not to come over tonight.

I'm not going to deal with this anymore. I feel ashamed of myself for acting this way and allowing myself to get hurt. It's funny to hear comments from strangers and take them to heart -- but I think I just needed some other people to verify the fact that this is not healthy... so thank you, everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 06:40 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,623,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretoggle View Post
I broke up with her before... and she went pretty crazy. She said she left her ex for me and now can't believe that I wanted to leave her. She didn't eat for a week, lost a ton of weight and really got sick. I ended up getting back together with her because it truthfully scared me. I know now that she was manipulating me and actually went to look up antisocial personality disorder, as what suggested by stepka.

This girl is beyond gorgeous, is intelligent to a fault, and is used to controlling and manipulating those around her. It's taken me a long time to realize that and just now -- texted her and told her not to come over tonight.

I'm not going to deal with this anymore. I feel ashamed of myself for acting this way and allowing myself to get hurt. It's funny to hear comments from strangers and take them to heart -- but I think I just needed some other people to verify the fact that this is not healthy... so thank you, everyone.
Good for you. You made the right decision.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:48 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:

And please DO remember that she is the one who did everything wrong. Don't blame yourself.
Take this as a learning experience, and move on with your life. Take care.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:21 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
She's probably never heard no before.

Give her the boot!

Old 11-11-2013, 07:26 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,359,441 times
Quote:

Best of luck. It hurts now but you're making the right choice based on the info presented...

Old 11-11-2013, 07:44 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,502,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
And please DO remember that she is the one who did everything wrong. Don't blame yourself. Take this as a learning experience, and move on with your life. Take care.
I disagree. OP made the decision to begin sleeping with someone he knew was already in a relationship. He continued to do so behind the other guy's back for six months.

It is certainly not the OP's fault that this girl may have mental issues and may be unstable, but part of making better choices in the future is admitting our fault in the bad ones we've made in the past and learning from that experience. Otherwise the OP will just do the same thing again with another crazy girl 6 months down the road from now. While he doesn't sound like a bad guy, a lot of his statements worry me because they don't seem to accept/understand his role in screwing things up.

Quote:
She came over my place for drinks and a movie and one thing turned into the next and we woke up in bed the next day.
How about: I invited her over to my place for drinks and a movie (which is just asking something to happen) and then I took my clothes off and chose to have sex with her.

The way OP words it, he sounds like a passive victim. He's not. He should not stay with this girl, nor should he be abused, but until he mans up and accepts responsibility for some dumb choices using "I" statements instead of "we woke up in bed the next day" like he was drugged on Days of our Lives, he'll keep repeating this pattern...

Old 11-11-2013, 08:05 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:

I'm not going to deal with this anymore.
Sounds good. She can find somebody else to play with.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:15 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times
Remember this, If she will cheat with you, she will also cheat on you, its only a metter of time. I know more girls like that than I care to admit. Learn from it and go full no contact with her pronto. Her attractvness, enables her to act this way. She's no good, erase her from your life.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:19 PM

10 posts, read 10,573 times
I completely take responsibility for making bad choices, kitkatbar. In my mind and heart I knew I was doing the wrong thing and I was weak and irresponsible for making that decision -- regardless of how much confirmation she gave me that she was not happy with him and was going to break up.

I'd like to say that I'm not going to repeat this pattern. It was a one time, bad occurrence, and I have learned not to put myself in this position again -- regardless of who I might think the person is or what they say they are going to do.

I was using 'we' in the context of more than one. It was just grammar -- not a passive choice of words.

In the end, I was really hoping for something good and I thought I found her. I cheated myself out of a year and really messed myself up with all the stress and anxiety that followed that night. We were both willing participants in this relationship but in the end it was a bad choice for us both and I am prepared to just get on with my life now.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:37 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
Face it, she likes variety. You're not letting the head on your shoulders do the thinking. Using the smaller head will ultimately get you in trouble and make a real mess of your life. Better learn to let the big head guide your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships