Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 12:21 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,783,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerShah View Post
huh? practically everybody agrees that women don't approach outside of the rare exception here and there
Women do approach. Ask any woman here: Have you ever approached a guy in the hopes of getting to know him?

100% will say yes. They will even give you examples. My most recent was my AC repair guy. I also approached dozens of guys on dating sites and went on dates with 3 or 4 of them.

So they are approaching, just not approaching you. It has to be something about your looks or facial expression. Maybe you look gay, greasy or mentally ill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 12:26 PM

113 posts, read 187,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Women do approach. Ask any woman here: Have you ever approached a guy in the hopes of getting to know him?

100% will say yes. They will even give you examples. My most recent was my AC repair guy. I also approached dozens of guys on dating sites and went on dates with 3 or 4 of them.
The overwhelming majority of the women in this thread said they don't ask men out (outside of the rare exception here and there)

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...r-ask-man.html

asking out a man once doesn't count. I've had 4 or 5 women approach me before in my life but those are rare exceptions

Old 12-17-2013, 12:27 PM

102,261 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
huh? practically everybody agrees that women don't approach outside of the rare exception here and there
No, "practically everybody" doesn't agree! Many women have posted here that they approach men, but the men here don't believe them, and blow off those comments. Even some of the men here have posted that women approach them often, but they're not interested in those women. You're filtering the responses to confirm your own beliefs. Women may not approach YOU (or you don't recognize the convo they start with you as an approach, maybe), but women definitely approach men they're interested in.

You're letting one thread determine your view of reality? Not all the women here who have asked men out participated on that thread. Your thinking is overly simplistic.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:28 PM

27,683 posts, read 28,786,696 times
Quote:
I suggest you work on exuding a little more confidence with yourself going about in the world. It doesn't do any good to be desperate and negative, as you come off here. Positive change often comes with age (and income) too.

Women do approach men who are comfortable in their own skin. And it takes only one woman to get going. You're not trying to build a harem here (I hope). lol.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:40 PM

448 posts, read 765,826 times
What do you want Roger? We've given you lots of good suggestions and a lot of people here think you're wrong about a lot of things. Do you want to take this advice and go meet women or do you just want to sit here and complain?

Just be honest. If you want to complain you can write up a nice big rant that no one will read and we can be on our way.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:40 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,053,223 times
Okay, the reasons you struggle so much with women are becoming more clear.....

Old 12-17-2013, 12:41 PM

887 posts, read 1,102,018 times
Quote:
If I messaged 50 women who had no interest in me, why would the next 50 feel any different?
If you can write a literate, interactive, reasonably intelligent message to 50 women, attach a picture, and filled out a profile. I would bet you get at least 6 to 10 responses!

These kind of statements want me to break my chosen isolation just to prove to some of you how easy it is. Especially on a dating site!! For crying out loud! Those are women who have already taken a bunch of guess work out of the equation. They tell you what they are interested in!! If you can't make that work in your favor, then the problem is yours!!! Accept it, and quit mudding my potential dating pool!

Old 12-17-2013, 12:46 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,415,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
If you can write a literate, interactive, reasonably intelligent message to 50 women, attach a picture, and filled out a profile. I would bet you get at least 6 to 10 responses!

These kind of statements want me to break my chosen isolation just to prove to some of you how easy it is. Especially on a dating site!! For crying out loud! Those are women who have already taken a bunch of guess work out of the equation. They tell you what they are interested in!! If you can't make that work in your favor, then the problem is yours!!! Accept it, and quit mudding my potential dating pool!
I almost feel like you've thrown down some sort of gauntlet. I'm considering digging into my inbox to show a list of examples of what NOT to say to a woman. Sadly I've deleted some of the most egregious of the lot.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:47 PM

113 posts, read 187,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
Mod cut: Inappropriate language.

I wrote a profile that I showed to at least 5-10 women on various dating forums who all said it was well written and made me come across as an intelligent and well adjusted young man
I included pictures that at least 5-10 women on various dating forums all said I looked cute and handsome in
I sent messages tailored to their profile that were not creepy or sexual at all

I got 0 replies from the 50 I sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetTroll View Post
What do you want Roger? We've given you lots of good suggestions and a lot of people here think you're wrong about a lot of things. Do you want to take this advice and go meet women or do you just want to sit here and complain?

Just be honest. If you want to complain you can write up a nice big rant that no one will read and we can be on our way.

I will not stand for the nonsense

I have received some good info in the cold approach thread and the meet up thread. Those are 2 areas I want to try more so we will see if anything comes out of it

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-17-2013 at 03:57 PM..

Old 12-17-2013, 12:52 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,783,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Okay, the reasons you struggle so much with women are becoming more clear.....
Don't you get the impression he doesn't even like them that much? He just "needs" one to feel like a man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships