Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 10:11 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,415,523 times

Advertisements

Being in a great relationship with a good woman is like fine wine, once you get that first taste you can't drink enough of it no matter how long that bottle sat on the shelve. First you become good friends, enjoy being with one another and let nature take it's course. If she's sweet and fun, if she's good natured and smart, she's worth waiting for in good reason, but like another poster said, But, if the sex isn't meaningful and fun, you can say bye bye to any long term relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 10:14 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,124 times
Default Men, what is the longest maximum period of time that you will wait to have sex?

You mean like waiting for another person?

Old 12-30-2013, 10:18 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
It's imperative that sex comes first before a solid commitment; otherwise she might end up getting hurt later. So, I can't wait very long.

Got to sample the goods before I purchase sorry.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:22 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
...with a woman who only believes in having sex inside committed, long term relationships?
For me there is no time limit, it just depends on the woman. If I'm just trying to hit it, or not really interested in her, I'm not going to wait long. And of course a woman who sleept around her whole life and was easy to get into bed all of a sudden want's to practice chastity and play the wait game, would be kicked to the curb. But if I really like her, then I would just have to go with the flow.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:22 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,623,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
A few weeks, after that I will feel like im being played, unless she is one of the few genuine Christian women who did not drop her pants for ANYONE in the past early on and does not have anyone else on the side, nor has she ever had anyone else on the side in the past.
Women don't have to be Christians to feel that way about sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't date these people. I wouldn't commit to someone before knowing if we're sexually compatible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It's imperative that sex comes first before a solid commitment; otherwise she might end up getting hurt later. So, I can't wait very long.

Got to sample the goods before I purchase sorry.
To each his own. If I was single, I'd hope guys like you would be upfront about this stuff so I can cut the relationship off.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:26 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
You mean like waiting for another person?
I would think you wouldn't have to wait at all, if you wanted to just have sex with yourself.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:30 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,484,101 times
Quote:
...with a woman who only believes in having sex inside committed, long term relationships?
I would reject a woman like that out of hand.

Most people with a bit of life experience know you only commit to a long-term relationship with someone after you find out if you are sexually compatible, not before.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:38 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
To each his own. If I was single, I'd hope guys like you would be upfront about this stuff so I can cut the relationship off.

Thankfully most women my age range no longer play games, and we're direct and honest about these things.

Of course, there isn't really "dating" without sex, not after the first few dates. A loving, caring relationship without sex is called a platonic friendship. And those are great, I just believe in calling things what they are; words have meaning.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:50 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
You could probably pull off up to 3 months with the contingency of the more traditional compensation if they really do want an LTR or marriage. Many men would love to know they have exclusivity. The problem is they will often not believe it. As to the contingency, monogamy means a bottle neck which means you are going to need more runway, frankly to be younger and hotter, than what you would otherwise have to be in more casual sex(on average, some men have sex with goats , so all anecdotes will be denied). Do not confuse your league with that you can get in the short term. But yeah, many men will certainly consider an exclusive young 9 over an easy 7 who made the rounds.

But any more than 3 months will become an unnatural, blue ball hell. Nature requires the close proximity of young, healthy people to fulfill the prime directive.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:56 AM

308 posts, read 398,529 times
Quote:
I have personal experience to prove this belief wrong

Seriously, I don't know. How long does it take for a relationship to be committed and long term? Or, in other words, how long is a dog? What's more, it depends on the context. I'm not sure I like the idea of sex being some sort of reward for being a good boy (or girl), that one party exclusively grants or denies. I feel like that's often one of the premises that questions like this one rests upon. On the other hand, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to wait if it's mutually agreed upon. Just like it's not necessarily a bad thing to jump in the hay on the first date (or cultural equivalent thereof) if everyone is in agreement.

In short, I don't see there being a definite answer to the question, at least not on my part. I will say that I think it's a little categorical to say "is she doesn't put out by the Xth date, I'm outta there." It's also really difficult to know whether you're "sexually compatible" with someone after just a few rounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships