Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2013, 04:23 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,622,386 times

Advertisements

For me and my SO, it was about 3 months and it was after we'd established that neither one of us was seeing anyone else, nor having sex with anyone else. Once I'm into someone, I have zero desire to date anyone else, much less have sex with anyone else and he felt the same way. I had another date semi-scheduled with someone else, but canceled after our first date. He had a date with another woman a few days after our first date but didn't pursue that any further.

So, we weren't 'officially' in a relationship, but we had both agreed that we weren't interested in seeing someone else if that makes sense. I actually asked him this question a few weeks into dating and he said 'for the right woman it would be worth waiting'
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 04:37 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
...with a woman who only believes in having sex inside committed, long term relationships?
A few years for sex, a few months for other stuff.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:39 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,212 times
Exclusivity is agreed upon right before having sex, typically. I'm a trustworthy guy, so I don't just say I'll be exclusive just to have sex. It always works well to agree to it ahead of time. I know within a few weeks if I'm willing to be exclusive, so there's no issue. I would wait up to a couple of months, but I also don't want to waste time because I'm much older, and interested in marriage. Why wait 6 months and then find out there's no compatibility? No thanks.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:40 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,367,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
What if you're into casual sex and dating IN a LTR? hehe
Hehe.

I would have waited that long if things had progressed. Typically, I wouldn't wait more than a few dates (more than a month).

Old 12-30-2013, 04:43 PM

52,232 posts, read 52,648,334 times
If we're are exclusively dating I'd probably wait just a couple of months...... Sorry... I'm a gentleman and all but I don't buy into the "only have sex if you're married" idea.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:43 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Hey, thanks to those of you who answered my question. I really though men wouldn't be cool with a woman they are having sex with having sex with other men. Guess I was wrong. Maybe I am just adding my own personal bias to things because frankly, if I've gotten to the point with a man where I am intimate enough and trust him enough to have sex with him, I am not really thinking (or am interested in) other men at all.
Thats because you made a very situational question. If they are having sex with other women, of course she should be able to do the same. Anything different would be a double standard.

It is totally different when he committs to her.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
In 3...2...1.......start now.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:49 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,367,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
This.....

I don't quiet understand why some men believe that the conservative woman who aren't into casual sex have to be Christians all the time. I feel sex should only be in a relationship but I'm an atheist.

The only difference is I don't go for what bibles nor what churches have to say. It's rather my own feeling towards sex and intimacy.
I am a recovering Christian, relative metaphysical atheist. I have had casual sex (intercourse) on a number of occasions, but came to realize I do not enjoy it. Intimacy (read: intimacy, not "sex") is very, very important to me, and the best intimacy, experiences, I've ever had were with men I had a connection with. I've had good "sex" with some others, but that was just sex. And good sex is still just meh to me. I prefer a deep level of intimacy, and for me that is only experienced with partners where there is a true connection.

It is the same way with my beau. He does not engage in casual sex. He dislikes it greatly. Intimacy is incredibly important to him, which he can only experience in relationships or with those he develops a connection with.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:26 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
...with a woman who only believes in having sex inside committed, long term relationships?
I don't know if her beliefs matter when it comes to this. Most men I know might last 3-4 weeks tops before moving on.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:19 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,466 times
Most of the responses here are disappointing. I'm not interested in casual sex, and I'm not going to have sex until I know the relationship is going somewhere long term. But then again, any guy who dumps me because I won't have sex by the 5th date or whatever arbitrary convention he's come up with is clearly not a *quality* man that I'd want to be involved with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships