Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 12:20 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,231,478 times

Advertisements

If she is sleeping with you and someeone else because its still "casual" thats dangerous. But if she is sleeping with FB and stringing you out thats the least respectable place for a guy to be, no one wants to be that guy. If you called a FB instead of sleeping with your date then just cut him loose, hopefully he will have the intuition to know he is being played.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 12:22 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
...with a woman who only believes in having sex inside committed, long term relationships?
Depends I guess on what that is. If I was with a woman who expressed this early on, I'd be open to it, if she had other qualities that intrigued me further. After a couple months, I would have a pretty good grasp if this is someone I wanted to invest more time with. At that point I would expect her to be at least comfortable enough with me in which we share celebrating ourselves in front of one another. Maybe exploring one another using hands only. Again, if she has other qualities that make me feel waiting is justified though, I'm up for it.

I did date a woman where I held out for 8 months. And I never cheated on an exclusive partner regardless how much sex I was getting. I can be tough

Old 12-30-2013, 12:41 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, it could, but thank God for good quality condoms.
Condoms help but they don't protect against all STD's (you can still get herpes and HPV).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You're not wrong, because I would NOT be cool with that.
I wouldn't be either. Glad I'm married otherwise I'd likely be the crazy cat lady...LOL

There is no way I'd be sleeping with someone before we were exclusive. I could not get into it, knowing that his dip stick is making the rounds.

I guess I just don't see what the major issue is. If you decide to be exclusive, you have sex and after several attempts you realize you aren't that compatible in bed, can't you just end the relationship and go back to dating others? Isn't that really the beauty of not being married...you can come and go as you please.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:52 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Condoms help but they don't protect against all STD's (you can still get herpes and HPV).

Well, no offense, but duh. But chances are most people has been exposed, especially us older people that were active before the HPV vaccine came around and those are both liveable conditions. Certainly the fear of them aren't going to make people stop having sex.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:09 PM

308 posts, read 398,529 times
Well, with attitudes like that around I guess I should be extra thankful my dating days are over...

Old 12-30-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norgy View Post
Well, with attitudes like that around I guess I should be extra thankful my dating days are over...

What? Get tested regularly. Practice safe sex. Be honest with potential partners.

Are you going to live in fear? Or live?

The younger generation is fortunate that the HPV vaccine was developed. I understand it is now standard for young men and women. That's great.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:17 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,585,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It's imperative that sex comes first before a solid commitment; otherwise she might end up getting hurt later. So, I can't wait very long.

Got to sample the goods before I purchase sorry.
Exactly my point of view, need to spin the wheels a bit :P

Old 12-30-2013, 01:29 PM

308 posts, read 398,529 times
Quote:
Each to their own, I guess. What fear I have mainly concerns one of my kids running afoul of someone who doesn't think herpes is a big deal because it's a "liveable condition".

But we digress. Perhaps we should say that the minimum a man should wait would be the time required for the STD tests to come back? I believe that's three months for some tests.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:33 PM

Well, it isn't a big deal to me. It's actually interesting how many people have it and have no idea. It's a fairly significant percentage that test positive for one of the two HSVs. And honestly, most standard STD screens don't scan for it. It has to be a blood test, and not all drs / clinics do it. I have more than a few friends with it and it doesn't slow their love/dating lives down at all.

But the turn around on these tests is much faster now that 5 or 10 years ago. I get everything back within a week and many of the STDs have (slightly less reliable) quick screen versions.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:39 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What? Get tested regularly. Practice safe sex. Be honest with potential partners.

The younger generation is fortunate that the HPV vaccine was developed. I understand it is now standard for young men and women. That's great.

They can't test men for HPV...so you can have it and spread it very easily.

As for Herpes...don't have it and don't want it!

If I were single I'd just self-satisfy until I found someone on the same page as I am with regard to exclusivity and sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships