Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 08:27 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,642,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler View Post
meh is a sound a goat or other farm animal makes, my dear
Meh is also an informal declaration that expresses a lack of interest or enthusiasm of something that is uninspiring or unexceptional my dear.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:27 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,814,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datxcali View Post
What are they saying to the ugly guys in a message? Maybe thanking them for their original message? OkCupid wants people to join their site. Who's to say they aren't fudging the numbers? They are unreliable because they are biased.

Again, I did my own research and discovered the opposite of what they state to be true.
According to my own research all the men I've dated like my breasts... so does that mean all men only all over the world only care about boobs to the exclusion of all other characteristics? Of course not, that's silly because women who are A cups get dates... some men are "leg men" some men are "butt" men and some men don't care about that kind of thing at all. My personal experience with men doesn't mean all the men in the world act like the ones who were attracted to me. That's why it's equally silly to say all women only care about one thing. Unless you are saying we are all programmable robots with no free will.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:29 PM

184 posts, read 168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Cool on you for clarifying since you stated she just goes on and on about how personality matters not that it mattered more than looks. Perhaps she only dates a certain type looks-wise as there haven't been guys who have had a worthwhile personality. I know plenty of gals who find personality matters more than looks yet they only find a very very few guys with worthwhile personalities.

Egh it's not really 'so clearly what she says and what she does are two different things' unless you know that she refused unattractive/average guys who had really worthwhile personalities she liked.
She only dates guys that look a certain way. Clearly, she doesn't care about their personalities. So she's lying when she speaks. It's pretty obvious.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:29 PM

543 posts, read 534,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I am not saying to take what women say... I am saying to read articles about things that women find attractive. It's not all about looks for all women. Sure there are women who go for looks first... just like there are some women where looks are further down the line of importance. Same with men, there are men out there who only care about hot women... just because some man I know only dates hot blondes doesn't mean all men think just like him. People are different in what they find attractive in a potential mate. But I am saying overall, looks aren't as important as some guys here think.

I think women are more critical about looks overall (in both themselves and men), but that doesn't mean it's as big a factor. I know I've cited it before, but there was an OK Cupid where women said 80% of the men were below average on looks... but they were messaging them anyway. So logically it's not always about looks. Men said more women were good looking, but most of the messages men sent were only to the best looking women.

I can't find the actual survey now (and I need to cook dinner). But here is a blog post about it and why men really shouldn't worry so much about their looks.

Your Looks and Your Inbox « OkTrends

These two graphs are actually pretty similar. While the sampled females do rate the majority of men as below average, the majority of messages sent by females were to the most attractive males available in the sample.

Spoiler alert(!), both genders went for the most attractive members of the opposite sex. The difference is that while men seem to have an even distribution of what constitutes attractive, women have some sort of unrealistic expectations.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:32 PM

184 posts, read 168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
According to my own research all the men I've dated like my breasts... so does that mean all men only all over the world only care about boobs to the exclusion of all other characteristics? Of course not, that's silly because women who are A cups get dates... some men are "leg men" some men are "butt" men and some men don't care about that kind of thing at all. My personal experience with men doesn't mean all the men in the world act like the ones who were attracted to me. That's why it's equally silly to say all women only care about one thing. Unless you are saying we are all programmable robots with no free will.
If you don't believe me, create a profile with a very good looking guy. The response rate was almost 100% and just about all of the women gave out their numbers.

Yes, some men are butt men and some are boobs men. But ALL men are face men. Just like all women are face and height women.

I don't understand why women here deny the truth so much when it's as plain as day.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
What are they saying to the ugly guys in a message? Maybe thanking them for their original message? OkCupid wants people to join their site. Who's to say they aren't fudging the numbers? They are unreliable because they are biased.

Again, I did my own research and discovered the opposite of what they state to be true.
Egh I'm doubting you read the study as the message sending was initial messages so thanking guys for their original message isn't possible as there was no initial message. The study is divided into message sending with gals having 'healthier' rates and message responses.

Your research seemingly has one sample and I doubt your research shows that they didn't message other guys they considered unattractive just that they didn't message that particular profile you put up.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:33 PM

63 posts, read 87,008 times
Quote:
Meh is also an informal declaration that expresses a lack of interest or enthusiasm of something that is uninspiring or unexceptional my dear.
thanks for the translation, it's better understood as you have articulated.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
She only dates guys that look a certain way. Clearly, she doesn't care about their personalities. So she's lying when she speaks. It's pretty obvious.
Not it doesn't clearly mean she doesn't care about their personality. A guy can only date blondes that doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't care about their personality.

Perhaps you're thinking in extremes that if she cares about personality she'd date guys she finds unattractive/average. Are you under the notion that there can't be a guy who looks a certain way with a personality she likes.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:35 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,031,917 times
Quote:
It's also much better used in an actual verbal conversation but is not as effective in a written one.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
These two graphs are actually pretty similar. While the sampled females do rate the majority of men as below average, the majority of messages sent by females were to the most attractive males available in the sample.

Spoiler alert(!), both genders went for the most attractive members of the opposite sex. The difference is that while men seem to have an even distribution of what constitutes attractive, women have some sort of unrealistic expectations.
They're not pretty similar according to the study the graphs are based. 2/3's of guys send messages to 1/3 of the most attractive gals and similar cannot be said for gals as they have 'healthier' message sending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships