Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 11:18 AM

841 posts, read 1,124,407 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I get so tired of you guys. You post complaints why you can't get a girl as facts because of your own limitations and are convinced that men are screwed and that women breeze through life flinging men left and right until they find just the right perfect man.

You know that other guys are going to pile on and agree with you. And the arguing goes back and forth that women have it better, blah, blah, blah. Poor men. Such a sad lot you are.

DId I give you enough sympathy so we can move on to posts from people who are not so jaded and actually want help with a legitimate problem?

It seems like some of you like to pick fights and try as hard as you can to prove that you are correct in your assumptions. No matter how many people post their positive experiences, etc.

We all are wasting our time, because we can never convince you that things are not all the way you see them.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:31 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,871,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
Sometimes I get so tired of you guys. You post complaints why you can't get a girl as facts because of your own limitations and are convinced that men are screwed and that women breeze through life flinging men left and right until they find just the right perfect man.

You know that other guys are going to pile on and agree with you. And the arguing goes back and forth that women have it better, blah, blah, blah. Poor men. Such a sad lot you are.

DId I give you enough sympathy so we can move on to posts from people who are not so jaded and actually want help with a legitimate problem?

It seems like some of you like to pick fights and try as hard as you can to prove that you are correct in your assumptions. No matter how many people post their positive experiences, etc.

We all are wasting our time, because we can never convince you that things are not all the way you see them.
Who is this strange masked man who speaks the truth without fear? Pull up a chair and stay awhile. Help us bring light unto the darkness.

Last edited by NewbiePoster; 02-11-2014 at 11:54 AM..

Old 02-11-2014, 11:32 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,717,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
How is this any different than claims of someone seeing bigfoot, ufos, psychics, etc etc?

Sure, you may know such a person and I'm not saying it isn't possible as there are certainly exceptions to every rule, but statistically speaking, the overwhelming majority of women would prefer not to date a 5'3 man.

This is the one thing the delusional posters on here don't seem be able to grasp. Just because you know a short, bald, overweight, and generally unattractive man doing well with women is not at all indicative of how the average or indeed more short, bald, overweight, and generally attractive men do with women. Your one or two data points mean absolutely nothing when you do the math, and that's assuming that the bald, overweight, and short mystical friend that everyone seems to have on here actually exists.
I am not saying that women, in general, set out to date short guys. What I am saying, and this comes from being a bartender for many years and watching singles in action over the years, as well as friends and co-workers....a short guy isn't doomed to be dateless. It's just not true no matter how you and others want t use it as an excuse. It's delusional of you (and a few others) who keep saying it's impossible.

Get some game...work on your personality....get the chip off your shoulder and develop a sense of humour....and most of all....learn to like yourself. No woman will ever fall for a guy, no matter how tall and handsome...if they don't even like themselves.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:33 AM

136 posts, read 176,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
That's because they're all taken in some way shape or form

I said it in the other thread if you want a "hot" GF you're going to have to take her from another dude
I think this is true. The only time that I've had a good-looking woman into me (although I'm not 100% sure) was one who had a boyfriend.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:36 AM

339 posts, read 380,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post

Your post pretty much proves what most of these guys are saying. Namely, that society and women don't give a crap about men and their struggles, and never really have.

Men are all just here to serve you, and when one gets killed, gives up or drops out for whatever the reason, there is a line of useful idiots standing behind him to take his place.

Your survivability and day-to-day comfort is 100% thanks to men past and present, and yet you don't give two squirts about them.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:44 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,812,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
Your post pretty much proves what most of these guys are saying. Namely, that society and women don't give a crap about men and their struggles, and never really have.

Men are all just here to serve you, and when one gets killed, gives up or drops out for whatever the reason, there is a line of useful idiots standing behind him to take his place.

Your survivability and day-to-day comfort is 100% thanks to men past and present, and yet you don't give two squirts about them.
Society really doesn't care about women who can't get dates either... no one cares if plain Jane drops out of dating either or gets killed. In fact, they made jokes about "the lonely cat lady." Self pity is just not taken seriously no matter who is displaying it. I think reason is, it's a problem only you can solve. No amount of anyone else feeling sorry for you can help until you help yourself. No one else can change your life for you. And when you do help yourself, then things get better.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:50 AM

339 posts, read 380,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Society really doesn't care about women who can't get dates either... no one cares if plain Jane drops out of dating either or gets killed. In fact, they made jokes about "the lonely cat lady." Self pity is just not taken seriously no matter who is displaying it. I think reason is, it's a problem only you can solve. No amount of anyone else feeling sorry for you can help until you help yourself. No one else can change your life for you. And when you do help yourself, then things get better.
It's funny that what early feminists called oppression, discrimination, and human rights violations, you call "self pity."

Of course, when these are women's issues, they must be addressed right away, when they're men's issues they mean nothing.

You just continued her train of thought, jillabean.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:53 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,812,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
It's funny that what early feminists called oppression, discrimination, and human rights violations, you call "self pity."

Of course, when these are women's issues, they must be addressed right away, when they're men's issues they mean nothing.

You just continued her train of thought, jillabean.
I am calling the idea of "woe is me... society should feel sorry for me because I can't get a date" (no matter if you are male or female) self pity. That is the subject we are talking about isn't it? We aren't talking about anyone being oppressed or discriminated against or having their human rights violated. This isn't a political discussion, we are talking about it being hard to get dates on the relationship board. Getting a date isn't a "right" and someone now being sexually attracted to you isn't discrimination.

Last edited by jillabean; 02-11-2014 at 12:03 PM..

Old 02-11-2014, 12:06 PM

102,250 posts, read 108,166,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathGreetsMeWarm View Post
I think this is true. The only time that I've had a good-looking woman into me (although I'm not 100% sure) was one who had a boyfriend.
And we know your life experience, short and limited as your life has been thus far, represents the totality of dating reality, right?

Old 02-11-2014, 12:09 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,965,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathGreetsMeWarm View Post
Theorem. Let X be the set of all attractive women and let Y be the set of all currently available women. Then X intsct Y = ø.

Proof. Life experience.

Today I was at Starbucks reading and saw a girl who works at the front desk at my gym. She always smiles and says bye to me when I leave the gym. I thought about maybe striking up a conversation with her. But I didn't, because I assumed she has a boyfriend. Sure enough, a guy who was clearly her boyfriend came in and talked to her after an hour or so. (Of course he had male model looks.)

This has happened so many times that I'm glad I don't even bother trying to strike up conversations with attractive women. Any woman who is above average in looks and personality is taken.

Searching for an attractive mate is futile, especially if you're not good looking. I'm not sure why torture myself by thinking that I have a chance with sexy, smart women. They just hop from one good-looking guy to the next one.
lol this is wrong in so many ways. but even if it WERE true.. who cares? girls cheat on their boyfriends all the time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships