Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 12:23 PM

377 posts, read 621,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
I am not saying that women, in general, set out to date short guys. What I am saying, and this comes from being a bartender for many years and watching singles in action over the years, as well as friends and co-workers....a short guy isn't doomed to be dateless. It's just not true no matter how you and others want t use it as an excuse. It's delusional of you (and a few others) who keep saying it's impossible.
I never said a short guy is doomed to being dateless. It's rather easy to see a good looking short man do well with women. The fact of the matter is, a short man must be exceptional in everything else to compensate for being short. That applies if the man is overweight, bald, etc.

However, a generally unattractive man is truly doomed to dating. This not delusion, but reality. Also, typical how stating a fact is perceived as using "excuses". I'm not at all close to being short, but I've read the statistics, studies, and numbers and they all seem to conclusively support the facts I've stated above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Get some game...work on your personality....get the chip off your shoulder and develop a sense of humour....and most of all....learn to like yourself. No woman will ever fall for a guy, no matter how tall and handsome...if they don't even like themselves.

Ah, yes. More of this PUA nonsense. I could already guess you were one of these types from reading your first post. Take your snake-oil and go elsewhere because none of the men are buying into it. It's been proven again and again to not work and debunked so many times that I'm surprised anyone on this forum can still believe in it.

Here's an exercise for you: Please quantify this "game" you speak of and explain why, in the evolutionary sense, it overrides women's prioritizing of good looks and financial security.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:29 PM

12,992 posts, read 9,710,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
False. Average or "plain Jane" women generally have no interest in dating your "average Joes."

Women are largely attracted to the same men, and a lot, if not most, will not accept less.
But, somebody is going to have to settle for average. There simply aren't enough attractive people to go around for every single person man or woman who desire above average looks. I see way more average couples during the runs of a day than I see of two attractive people. I have also had women told me they are not into the pretty boy type, that they don't want a man prettier than them. The fear of being single leads people to settle for less.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:35 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,625,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathGreetsMeWarm View Post
Theorem. Let X be the set of all attractive women and let Y be the set of all currently available women. Then X intsct Y = ø.

Proof. Life experience.

Today I was at Starbucks reading and saw a girl who works at the front desk at my gym. She always smiles and says bye to me when I leave the gym. I thought about maybe striking up a conversation with her. But I didn't, because I assumed she has a boyfriend. Sure enough, a guy who was clearly her boyfriend came in and talked to her after an hour or so. (Of course he had male model looks.)

This has happened so many times that I'm glad I don't even bother trying to strike up conversations with attractive women. Any woman who is above average in looks and personality is taken.

Searching for an attractive mate is futile, especially if you're not good looking. I'm not sure why torture myself by thinking that I have a chance with sexy, smart women. They just hop from one good-looking guy to the next one.
Watch The Bachelor, good looking women are getting kicked out every week!! LOL

Old 02-11-2014, 12:38 PM

11,827 posts, read 12,084,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
But, somebody is going to have to settle for average. There simply aren't enough attractive people to go around for every single person man or woman who desire above average looks. I see way more average couples during the runs of a day than I see of two attractive people. I have also had women told me they are not into the pretty boy type, that they don't want a man prettier than them. The fear of being single leads people to settle for less.
This. However, there also isn't a universal definition of attractiveness, so at the end of the day, two people in love are attractive to each other, not average looking to each other. Doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:40 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,844,102 times
I agree with the OP--there aren't any untaken attractive women. All attractive women have lovers and husbands that they're madly in love with and that are madly in love with them. Riigghhhttt! Said in best Bill Cosby tone of sarcasm.

But maybe they are all taken. If so, so what? Are they all happy? I had a dance acquaintance send me a text the other night--
"Hey, you look great--how did you lose all that weight? I'm wondering b/c I wish my gf would do it too."

That was wrong on so many levels but I'll just start with the 2 that popped out at me first--there's almost a 30 yr age diff between the two and she's drop dead gorgeous. (He's only meh. I'm his age and wouldn't date him.) Yeah, she's got some extra weight, but plenty of men would still be happy to date her. So yeah, maybe at least one of these women would be happy to date someone else that isn't 30 years older and critical of her looks.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:43 PM

339 posts, read 380,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
You're right, somebody is going to have to settle, but the women of the West, and America specifically, have loudly declared that it won't be them!

Old 02-11-2014, 12:44 PM

184 posts, read 168,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So since the divorce rate is so high, do only unattractive women get divorced? Or do you think they are in a new relationship the next day already?
If we're talking divorce rate, 70-80% of divorces are initiated by women, which tells me that they are looking for or found their bbd (bigger, better deal).

Women get divorced because they have tons of options out there and they know it. Why stick with a guy that's down on his luck or someone that she simply grew tired of when that bbd is right around the corner.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:45 PM

543 posts, read 535,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
"When a good-looking guy comes around" suggests these women show interest or get involved with not so good-looking men until... a better option is presented?

Wait. But before you state women "say" they go for more than looks. "More" implies they don't just go for someone good-looking, that there has to be other criteria met in order for things to progress. For those who are serious about dating, e.g., not those looking for f*ckships, I would hazard a guess they desire more than someone nice to ogle.

I will only get involved with someone who I am attracted to and am highly compatible with. If the chemistry and compatibility aren't there it is an absolute no-go. I won't even entertain a f*ckship until that "better" comes along. Actually, if there is no connection beyond the physical, I can't really stay or remain interested. I've tried, and it doesn't work.

Oh, I certainly won't dispute that. I know men face a far greater challenge than women when it comes to dating. My beau has been in the online dating scene off and on for five years. He's had two relationships result from it, and has gone on several other dates that didn't progress anywhere. He's actually very good-looking, albeit very shy, an introvert, and is pretty nerdy and geeky. While in my dating experience in less than half that time, I've met with dozens of men, have been in a couple relationships, briefly dated some others, and have "options," though these "options" are not what I have wanted. I'm picky as all get-out, and knew exactly what I desired, and was also aware that such would be difficult to find. There have been more misses than hits, but I'm fully aware that I have it "easy" compared to my male counterparts.
Hold on to your butts people! We just divided by zero.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:50 PM

184 posts, read 168,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
Sometimes I get so tired of you guys. You post complaints why you can't get a girl as facts because of your own limitations and are convinced that men are screwed and that women breeze through life flinging men left and right until they find just the right perfect man.

You know that other guys are going to pile on and agree with you. And the arguing goes back and forth that women have it better, blah, blah, blah. Poor men. Such a sad lot you are.

DId I give you enough sympathy so we can move on to posts from people who are not so jaded and actually want help with a legitimate problem?

It seems like some of you like to pick fights and try as hard as you can to prove that you are correct in your assumptions. No matter how many people post their positive experiences, etc.

We all are wasting our time, because we can never convince you that things are not all the way you see them.
There are a significant amount of men that feel this way, while you almost never see women complaining about these kinds of things.

Now, why do you think that is?

Old 02-11-2014, 12:50 PM

841 posts, read 1,126,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
and yet you don't give two squirts about them.

For your information, I don't have a squirter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships