Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 09:33 AM

20,779 posts, read 20,101,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
There's about a zillion things I want to say in this thread, but my response to this one is the shortest and simplest, so I chose it

"+1".

Short of maybe yoga classes or maybe volunteering, singles meetup.com events have the highest single girl:guy ratio of any activity I can think of. And it's true, the guys that show up aren't exactly top-notch. Not "bad" guys, but as previously mentioned...just awkward, uncoordinated, etc.
Yeah, and the awkward guys all swarm around the few very pretty ones who - of course - will reject them. If they would be a bit smarter, they would go to the average looking women in the group and would probably score. But no, they have too many choices and ignore the (probably more) compatible plain Jane's and end up going home alone.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:40 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,910,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathGreetsMeWarm View Post
Searching for an attractive mate is futile, especially if you're not good looking. I'm not sure why torture myself by thinking that I have a chance with sexy, smart women. They just hop from one good-looking guy to the next one.
Allow me to agree with you absolutely and completely.

With a handle of "DeathGreetsWarm" just for a start, there is not one woman out there for you. To continue searching and posting about the situation will accomplish absolutely nothing but a continuation of the dreadful torture you're experiencing as well as inflicting torture on those who happen on your threads and go through them hoping to find at least some optimism amongst the drove of negativity.

Save up your pennies and invest in a lovely female robot. The technological advances in creating close-to-lifelike mates is quite amazing in their attention to detail and she'll be ALL yours!

Old 02-11-2014, 09:48 AM

339 posts, read 380,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Yeah, and the awkward guys all swarm around the few very pretty ones who - of course - will reject them. If they would be a bit smarter, they would go to the average looking women in the group and would probably score. But no, they have too many choices and ignore the (probably more) compatible plain Jane's and end up going home alone.
False. Average or "plain Jane" women generally have no interest in dating your "average Joes."

Women are largely attracted to the same men, and a lot, if not most, will not accept less.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:51 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,386,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathGreetsMeWarm View Post
Theorem. Let X be the set of all attractive women and let Y be the set of all currently available women. Then X intsct Y = ø.

Proof. Life experience.

Today I was at Starbucks reading and saw a girl who works at the front desk at my gym. She always smiles and says bye to me when I leave the gym. I thought about maybe striking up a conversation with her. But I didn't, because I assumed she has a boyfriend. Sure enough, a guy who was clearly her boyfriend came in and talked to her after an hour or so. (Of course he had male model looks.)

This has happened so many times that I'm glad I don't even bother trying to strike up conversations with attractive women. Any woman who is above average in looks and personality is taken.

Searching for an attractive mate is futile, especially if you're not good looking. I'm not sure why torture myself by thinking that I have a chance with sexy, smart women. They just hop from one good-looking guy to the next one.
Sad, So Sad...

Old 02-11-2014, 10:00 AM

20,779 posts, read 20,101,640 times
So since the divorce rate is so high, do only unattractive women get divorced? Or do you think they are in a new relationship the next day already?

Old 02-11-2014, 10:56 AM

33,012 posts, read 27,565,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

I like to say that markets cannot be defeated and that you can't argue with the market. (Well you can argue but you can never win.)

There are lots and lots of women who are worthwhile and not hot and well worth the effort. I know my limitations and don't pursue the unattainable. My hot friends appreciate that I have never sought nor expected anything more from them - they probably don't get that often.

As a contrarian, I have found that while the market cannot be defeated, the individual who adjusts and adapts can still win while not following the herd.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Allow me to agree with you absolutely and completely.

With a handle of "DeathGreetsWarm" just for a start, there is not one woman out there for you. To continue searching and posting about the situation will accomplish absolutely nothing but a continuation of the dreadful torture you're experiencing as well as inflicting torture on those who happen on your threads and go through them hoping to find at least some optimism amongst the drove of negativity.

Save up your pennies and invest in a lovely female robot. The technological advances in creating close-to-lifelike mates is quite amazing in their attention to detail and she'll be ALL yours!

Robots got gender?

Old 02-11-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Sad, So Sad...

not to mention unscientific and poor math.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:03 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,910,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
False. Average or "plain Jane" women generally have no interest in dating your "average Joes."

Ah, the sad conclusion of an unfulfilled young buck ...

Old 02-11-2014, 11:07 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,884,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post

Women are largely attracted to the same men, and a lot, if not most, will not accept less.
This is so bogus! Dude, how do you think the average Joe's end up married? Take a look around the mall sometime, and see who's out with who. Lemme give you a hint; a lot of plain Jane women know the game isn't all about looks. (Actually, so do the smart good-looking women, too.) They have a more holistic mindset where personality plays a major role. Have you polled plain Jane women? Doesn't sound like it. Doesn't sound like you have a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships