Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 12:52 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,008,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by datxcali View Post
There are a significant amount of men that feel this way, while you almost never see women complaining about these kinds of things.

Now, why do you think that is?
Women do it all the time. The stupid ones who complain that there are no good guys out there and they can only get the bad ones.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:53 PM

184 posts, read 168,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
I am not saying that women, in general, set out to date short guys. What I am saying, and this comes from being a bartender for many years and watching singles in action over the years, as well as friends and co-workers....a short guy isn't doomed to be dateless. It's just not true no matter how you and others want t use it as an excuse. It's delusional of you (and a few others) who keep saying it's impossible.

Get some game...work on your personality....get the chip off your shoulder and develop a sense of humour....and most of all....learn to like yourself. No woman will ever fall for a guy, no matter how tall and handsome...if they don't even like themselves.
No one says it's impossible. We are merely stating that short men have a huge disadvantage (probably the biggest in the dating world out of anyone that doesn't have a physical or mental handicap).

Sure, they can get girls, but they are extremely limited in who they can date. And if they are short, they better be good looking with insane charisma.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:54 PM

184 posts, read 168,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Women do it all the time. The stupid ones who complain that there are no good guys out there and they can only get the bad ones.
Women don't complain about that very much, in my experience. I don't even see much of it on the internet.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:54 PM

543 posts, read 535,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I go to different single meetup.com events. Lots and lots of women there and only a few guys.

Most women look okay, there is about 5 every time who are really pretty.

As for the guys ... you can see immediately, why they are single. They act awkward, wear outdated clothes, totally out of shape, etc. etc.
I hope for them that they are at least rich, otherwise they probably stay single forever.
There's about a zillion things I want to say in this thread, but my response to this one is the shortest and simplest, so I chose it

"+1".

Short of maybe yoga classes or maybe volunteering, singles meetup.com events have the highest single girl:guy ratio of any activity I can think of. And it's true, the guys that show up aren't exactly top-notch. Not "bad" guys, but as previously mentioned...just awkward, uncoordinated, etc.
Considering oh-eve's location it makes sense that those things are even available.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:58 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,823,096 times
Quote:
If we're talking divorce rate, 70-80% of divorces are initiated by women, which tells me that they are looking for or found their bbd (bigger, better deal).

Women get divorced because they have tons of options out there and they know it. Why stick with a guy that's down on his luck or someone that she simply grew tired of when that bbd is right around the corner.
This always bugs me... because I filed for divorce. My Ex-husband announced he was gay walked out the door, I did the legal paperwork and I had no BBD waiting for me. I stayed out of dating for two years and have been dating and not found anyone serious since.

By the way, the real stat is 66% of divorces are filed by women, not 70-80%. It's still a majority, but how many women are like me who had a man walk out on them and left them with no choice. I filed because my Ex was out partying and spending money... still being married to him could have had legal ramifications for me as well as negative financial ramifications (what if he opened up and defaulted on a loan? In my state, since we are "married" they could come to me for money. What if he got in a drunk driving accident and killed someone... I could theoretically be sued to as his "wife").

Divorce isn't easy on anyone and it's more complicated than a simple "break up". No one "wants" one. I am in a divorce group full of men and women. We've found that most people who spout off others get divorced for frivolous reasons are often people who have never experienced the pain of divorce and just don't understand what it really is.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:58 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,527,878 times
Quote:
Women don't complain about that very much, in my experience. I don't even see much of it on the internet.

Actually in my experience, women complain offline and men complain online. When I am not on the computer, I hardly ever see or hear men complain about dating. They may complain about their relationship, but if they are single, they are pretty happy. But my single female friends? They complain constantly. When they go on dates, all the guys are losers and liars. When they don't have dates, all the good men are taken, and no one wants them. Online it's the total opposite, it's men saying the same things my female friends say.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:01 PM

11,833 posts, read 12,097,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
This always bugs me... because I filed for divorce. My Ex-husband announced he was gay walked out the door, I did the legal paperwork and I had no BBD waiting for me. I stayed out of dating for two years and have been dating and not found anyone serious since.

By the way, the real stat is 66% of divorces are filed by women, not 70-80%. It's still a majority, but how many women are like me who had a man walk out on them and left them with no choice. I filed because my Ex was out partying and spending money... still being married to him could have had legal ramifications for me as well as negative financial ramifications (what if he opened up and defaulted on a loan? In my state, since we are "married" they could come to me for money. What if he got in a drunk driving accident and killed someone... I could theoretically be sued to as his "wife").

Divorce isn't easy on anyone and it's more complicated than a simple "break up". No one "wants" one. I am in a divorce group full of men and women. We've found that most people who spout off others get divorced for frivolous reasons are often people who have never experienced the pain of divorce and just don't understand what it really is.
^^^ This.

You'll notice around here, many of the ones spouting off as experts are often the ones that have never had any relationship experience to begin with but read something somewhere and assert that as Truth.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:04 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,527,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
^^^ This.

You'll notice around here, many of the ones spouting off as experts are often the ones that have never had any relationship experience to begin with but read something somewhere and and assert that as Truth.

+1 on this..

The common misconception is that most divorces are by people who just want to be single or have another person on the side, when in many cases that is not the case at all. Many people work very hard to keep their marriage together, but ultimately realize it just isn't going to work. Also as far as why women file for divorce more than men, it isn't so much women wanting to leave and men wanting to stay. Many men want to be out of those marriages as well, they just don't file because they are either lazy and will just put up with it, or too scared to pay alimony if a divorce happens.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:05 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,820,558 times
Quote:

Exactly. I filed because my ex moved out and bought a house with another woman using our shared funds. He was quite happy to continue on in that vein but I had to separate our finances quickly.

I agree that people who assume divorce is an easy option have never been through one. Worst experience of my life.

Seven years later I have no interest in a "BBD," whatever that stands for. Being single is just peachy.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:07 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,856,027 times
Quote:

I had the exact same experience. Many men break it off and then expect the woman to pick up the pieces. He didn't even bother to get a lawyer--just piggybacked off mine. Oh here's a funny one related to your responsibilities as his spouse--one of my ex's dates asked him if I was dating yet (before the divorce). He said no. The date sighed a sigh of relief and warned him to get a divorce asap or I could get pregnant and then he'd be responsible. I laughed so hard b/c I was 50 at the time, but I still could get pg I guess, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Actually in my experience, women complain offline and men complain online. When I am not on the computer, I hardly ever see or hear men complain about dating. They may complain about their relationship, but if they are single, they are pretty happy. But my single female friends? They complain constantly. When they go on dates, all the guys are losers and liars. When they don't have dates, all the good men are taken, and no one wants them. Online it's the total opposite, it's men saying the same things my female friends say.
I agree with this--men have fewer chances to vent IRL so they do it here, while women are more likely to complain to girlfriends about the way their dating experiences are going--I was just bitching to my best friend on the phone this morning but have said nothing on here about there being no good men b/c I know there are some--it's like finding a needle in a haystack. Sometimes it seems the universe must align itself to find a true love match, but I have no doubt that it will someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships