Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 01:58 PM

102,281 posts, read 108,372,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoane View Post
Hmm I wrote a reply and the whole thing disappeared, let me try this again. Very many attractive women are single for two simple reasons. The first is that hot women are targeted by guys who like trophies. They are not appreciated for who they are, and they are quickly traded in for a younger, more gorgeous model. And end up single again.

The second reason is that beautiful women are in fact NOT approached because of the vast number of assumptions about them. A stunning woman can be sitting at a coffee shop alone and none of the 15 guys there will say hello. The assumptions range from 'She looks like she only dates rich men/She'll probably ice me if I go over there/She must be an airhead, no one is that gorgeous and intelligent/She's probably stuck up/She'd never go for a guy like me/She's probably had six guys ask for her number in the last half hour/She's probably waiting for her model-type boyfriend/She's so out of my league'...

And so on and so forth. Assumptions.

And that beautiful woman goes home, texts her girlfriend and says 'There really are no single men out there, or I guess I am no one's type. Cos I was at that coffee shop for two hours, it was full of guys and not one of them came to say hello.'
So right on! And welcome to the forum!

Old 02-11-2014, 02:00 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,797,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
That's your female privilege talking.
Hm. If you were a woman, would you date you?

Old 02-11-2014, 02:06 PM

136 posts, read 176,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Excuse me...did you just say you have great social skills?
Yea, I do. People enjoy hanging around me. I'm very nice and know how to make people feel good about themselves. I'm very good at engaging people in conversation.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:24 PM

12,988 posts, read 9,708,363 times
Quote:
You're right, somebody is going to have to settle, but the women of the West, and America specifically, have loudly declared that it won't be them!
You cant speak for every woman, maybe that's how it is where you live. all pro athletes are not attractive at all but yet they have beautiful wives, I personally have female friends that have the hots for an average looking guy ,one of our coworkers. Yeah, generally women may prefer a good looking guy but there is nothing wrong with average in my opinion.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:28 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,207,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoane View Post
Hmm I wrote a reply and the whole thing disappeared, let me try this again. Very many attractive women are single for two simple reasons. The first is that hot women are targeted by guys who like trophies. They are not appreciated for who they are, and they are quickly traded in for a younger, more gorgeous model. And end up single again.

The second reason is that beautiful women are in fact NOT approached because of the vast number of assumptions about them. A stunning woman can be sitting at a coffee shop alone and none of the 15 guys there will say hello. The assumptions range from 'She looks like she only dates rich men/She'll probably ice me if I go over there/She must be an airhead, no one is that gorgeous and intelligent/She's probably stuck up/She'd never go for a guy like me/She's probably had six guys ask for her number in the last half hour/She's probably waiting for her model-type boyfriend/She's so out of my league'...

And so on and so forth. Assumptions.

And that beautiful woman goes home, texts her girlfriend and says 'There really are no single men out there, or I guess I am no one's type. Cos I was at that coffee shop for two hours, it was full of guys and not one of them came to say hello.'
I see myself in the part where it says "she would never go for a guy like me" I always think this or some fashion of this. So approaching women became taboo for me and led me to believe the best thing I could do for women was to keep away from them. Tough thought patterns to break. So yeah, I agree with this post.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:29 PM

339 posts, read 380,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Hm. If you were a woman, would you date you?
At one time, yes, but not now. I used to be pretty good with women, I have a lot of experience. Without going into the whole story, I lost my mojo completely. But that's ok, because I'm not really seeking dates or a relationship right now.

I speak here in defense of the "bitter losers" because having come from a place of success, and now having more in common with them, I identify with their situations.

Where we part ways, though, is that I have had the whole range of relationship experiences, and just don't care for it anymore, whereas they have never experienced it, or only experienced it on a very limited basis.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
This. However, there also isn't a universal definition of attractiveness, so at the end of the day, two people in love are attractive to each other, not average looking to each other. Doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks.
This is pretty much my view on the matter and of course it doesn't matter what people think.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:31 PM

13,692 posts, read 9,781,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I go to different single meetup.com events. Lots and lots of women there and only a few guys.

Most women look okay, there is about 5 every time who are really pretty.

As for the guys ... you can see immediately, why they are single. They act awkward, wear outdated clothes, totally out of shape, etc. etc.
I hope for them that they are at least rich, otherwise they probably stay single forever.
My observation has been the opposite. Singles-themed meetup.com groups in my metro-area are overwhelmingly male-dominated. The women in attendance tend to be single-moms. I do agree that amongst the men, the candidature isn't particularly robust. But I do take umbrage at the notion that "outdated clothes" are somehow a severe detriment.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:33 PM

339 posts, read 380,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
You cant speak for every woman, maybe that's how it is where you live. all pro athletes are not attractive at all but yet they have beautiful wives, I personally have female friends that have the hots for an average looking guy ,one of our coworkers. Yeah, generally women may prefer a good looking guy but there is nothing wrong with average in my opinion.
Wow! "Nothing wrong with average." What a ringing endorsement, and if that doesn't get all these mopey guys to trip over themselves and throw themselves at the feet of these great American princesses one more time, I don't know what will!

Take heart boys! She may "prefer" David Beckham, but she'll begrudgingly accept you average Joes, too, if the occasion calls for it.

Sheesh.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Wow! "Nothing wrong with average." What a ringing endorsement, and if that doesn't get all these mopey guys to trip over themselves and throw themselves at the feet of these great American princesses one more time, I don't know what will!

Take heart boys! She may "prefer" David Beckham, but she'll begrudgingly accept you average Joes, too, if the occasion calls for it.

Sheesh.
some of the most influential men in our society are average looking at best and they have wives or girlfriends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships