Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2014, 11:42 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,526 times

Advertisements

I see men who like naggy witchy women as very weak .. they go into my wuss category
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 11:43 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times
I dislike the thread's terminology, but the premise is interesting. What's not, in general, are the "sweet" women. George Sodini had a funny line about stereotypical submissive-seeming Asian women (part of it was "no personality"), and long before that I coined the term "personality-free." In my experience, many quiet/reserved women (which I suppose orangeapple mostly means by "sweet") rarely have anything fun to talk about (including joking around) and seldom want to do things men consider fun. Whereas the "witchy" (more likely bold and outgoing) woman likes to talk about and do enjoyable things and is flirty, including usually sexing up her appearance more than her counterpart does. Also, the "sweet" type seemingly has a tendency to be religious, which probably is a turn-off to many men these days, and likely is less verbal about her feelings, including affection. Of course no man really wants negative feelings hurled at him, but that comes later from the supposed bad type. For a long-term relationship, a woman needs to have many of the positive qualities of both types.

Edit: there's also the issue of necessary tension (probably unproven, but there's research indicating it's real). The "sweet" woman who is routinely pleasant but boring fails at the intermittent reinforcement that typically underlies attraction.

Last edited by goodheathen; 03-23-2014 at 12:15 PM..

Old 03-23-2014, 12:07 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
Both of those arguments to me are completely ridiculous and invalid in my opinion.

I honestly believe when people say things like that...they are bitter on some level because of their awful luck in terms of dating. However, I have seen some cases where people do complain about those types of people but still go for them regardless. I guess it's because it excites them in some way. I don't entertain the petty theories people come with in relationships as they are really ridiculous and just plain don't make any sense. People avoid the truth too much.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:39 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I see men who like naggy witchy women as very weak .. they go into my wuss category

How many categories do you have for men?

Old 03-23-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
How many categories do you have for men?
wuss and not a wuss LOL

Old 03-23-2014, 06:15 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,002,186 times
As a man, I don't want my woman getting pushed around by other people. It constantly makes me feel like I have to fight her battles. When she can handle herself, you rest easy knowing that she can take care of herself if you're not around.

The problem is when you have a woman that is sweet and demure with others but assertive and witchy with you. Don't talk **** to me and then let other people walk all over you. As a man, I personally hate that sort of behavior. It's like you have too much respect for others but not enough respect for me.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:20 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,002,186 times
Men don't like witchy women. Men like women that are "hot." If a man is enamored with a woman's beauty, he'll put up with all kinds of crap (doesn't apply to all men, of course).

If a girl is a "9" in looks and acts like a witch, she's far more likely to have willing suitors than a woman this is a "6" acting the exact same way.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:26 PM

457 posts, read 694,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
This is sort of a reverse take on the oft-discussed premise that "Women like jerks, not nice guys".

Do you think there is any truth here?

Men seem to complain about women in relationships being bossy & emasculating. They may wonder where all the kind, sweet-natured women are. They blame feminism. They say nowadays, women try to act like men (whatever that means).

But are they choosing these naggy/witchy types of women?
Are they subconsciously drawn to them, initially at least?

Meanwhile, more patient, sweet women are not grabbing their attention & are being overlooked in favor of the more aggressive, confident woman who perhaps boosts their egos while dating, but then harps on them when in a relationship. Or something else?

Of course, in the original premise, we discover Nice Guys aren't so nice. We learn there is a false dichotomy.
So what could be going on with the "Sweet Woman" vs. "Witchy Woman" in terms of what men say they want & who they actually date/marry?

Spoiler
Disclaimer: I'm not stating this as a truth, nor is this necessarily my belief/stance. Just an idea to discuss.
I love sweet, level-headed women. I wish I could find one. My last gf seemed to be that girl, but after a little over a year she changed. My advice, if you can find a level-headed, mature [not cougar] woman then hold on to her.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
As a man, I don't want my woman getting pushed around by other people. It constantly makes me feel like I have to fight her battles. When she can handle herself, you rest easy knowing that she can take care of herself if you're not around.

The problem is when you have a woman that is sweet and demure with others but assertive and witchy with you. Don't talk **** to me and then let other people walk all over you. As a man, I personally hate that sort of behavior. It's like you have too much respect for others but not enough respect for me.
Sweet confident women don't let themselves get pushed around, but they also don't act like a nag and a witch constantly verbally attacking men busting their chops. Those women are UNHAPPY and take it out on others. Watch the boards. You can see the difference.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:38 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times
I think men need to call woman out when there being a B@#$% and woman need to call me out when they are been D bags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships