Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 07:06 PM

421 posts, read 676,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
This is sort of a reverse take on the oft-discussed premise that "Women like jerks, not nice guys".

Do you think there is any truth here?

Meanwhile, more patient, sweet women are not grabbing their attention & are being overlooked in favor of the more aggressive, confident woman who perhaps boosts their egos while dating, but then harps on them when in a relationship. Or something else?

Women can be both sweet and aggressive/confident. Watch them talk in a glass breakingly high pitch voice as they walk up to an unknown guy like a pixy, then proceed to a session of public clothed sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 07:10 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post

Dammit, I haven't figured out how to bold on this ipod yet but that sentence of yours that starts "women are raised to be non-confrontational"....that's some funny stuff right there.
Sounds like you gravitate toward harpies. I can't help you with that. All I know is that women my age (40s) were raised to be non-confrontational much more often than not. That goes twice over for women who are older than I am. That is one of the issues of feminism, that we need to focus less on not rocking the boat because "ladies don't make waves" and more on standing up for ourselves and doing what's right, even if it tweaks a man's ego.

Old 03-23-2014, 12:32 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,578,260 times
[quote=Lilac110;33995844]Sounds like you gravitate toward harpies. I can't help you with that. All I know is that women my age (40s) were raised to be non-confrontational much more often than not. That goes twice over for women who are older than I am. That is one of the issues of feminism, that we need to focus less on not rocking the boat because "ladies don't make waves" and more on standing up for ourselves and doing what's right, even if it tweaks a man's ego.[/quote

Give me a break, I'm the same exact age as you. Back then it was still considered proper to spank children, but overwhelmingly mostly boys (even in public schools with the paddle). Spanking was inappropriate discipline for a "young lady". I'm merely pointing the absurdity of your statement. And don't sell yourself short, If you can't help me with gravitation toward another harpie, it's not for lack of capability on your part, it's just the opportunity that's absent.

Last edited by bannedontherun; 03-23-2014 at 01:00 AM..

Old 03-23-2014, 12:37 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,145,464 times
Seems to me many of these women are not really "hot", but rather average. And for all the claims of preferring the "sweet girls", there seem more complaints elsewhere about women being too aggressive & critical.
Is the witchy-ness & demanding-ness initially confused with "self-esteem"?
Is kind & patient presumed to go hand-in-hand with being a doormat?

Old 03-23-2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Sounds like your a bitter ex harpie yourself, but it backfired on you badly and we both know he ain't missing you a bit.
WTH are you talking about? You don't know me from Eve. I've never been the dumpee, so go jump, kid.

Hmmm, your status on another thread is:

Quote:
clinging by a micro thread trying to save a ltr
Project much? Sorry your partner appears to be through with you, but don't take your frustrations out on me.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:07 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I think men like women that women consider bitchy. Women are generally raised to be non-confrontational, so when we set boundaries and stand up for ourselves, we feel guilty about it, like we're being harridans. The thing to remember is that what we see as bitchy, men tend to see as just being clear and direct.

Furthermore, quite a few men deliberately push boundaries to see what they can get away with and whether we think highly enough of ourselves to draw a line somewhere. Pretty much every man who has ever gotten serious about me has said the same thing: "I like you because you don't put up with any crap, including mine."
There is not too many men or woman want to date a push over or someone they can walk all over.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:10 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,578,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
WTH are you talking about? You don't know me from Eve. I've never been the dumpee, so go jump, kid.

Hmmm, your status on another thread is:

Project much? Sorry your partner appears to be through with you, but don't take your frustrations out on me.
About as much as you and btw you have it backwards, I'm through with my partner.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:21 AM

Quote:
About as much as you and btw you have it backwards, I'm through with my partner.
Hmmmm, through with your partner but you're trying to hang on?

You are entirely too defensive here. Not my problem. Your sarcasm in response to my post about how many women are raised to be nonconfrontational speaks more about you than you know. Apparently your woman is confrontational. That's her, and your problem to deal with. That doesn't make it true of all women. However, attempting to project that onto me makes me wonder if it's not just you being nasty to her, her setting boundaries with you, and you not liking that she stood up for herself. Seems pretty transparent from here.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:24 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Witchy Women ~~ are not "Witchy" they are "Witches"

Those you speak of are not Witches they are commonly referred to as a female dog that happens to be very different than a Witch.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
There is not too many men or woman want to date a push over or someone they can walk all over.
A spine goes a long way. TBH, I wouldn't want a man who would want a mealy-mouthed woman. All too often, "sweet," like "nice," is code-word for "wimp." One can be warm and loving without being a glob of jelly.

I think healthy men and women seek partners who have the courage of their convictions.

And we know how that turned out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships