Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2014, 12:24 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
what medical technology? You mean condoms? They don't prevent the spread of STD's 100%. Proof of med history? So you're ok with displaying the results of your latest blood test on your wall, or carrying a copy in your wallet, in case she asks for it?

Condoms and other things. No, nothing is 100%. Most are liveable. And yes, I carry my test in my wallet. Never know! (Most all young people thankfully get the HPV vaccine, so thankfully that is no longer much of an issue with the new generation.

But a life where you don't take risks isn't worth living. 100% safe is 100% boring. Heck, it isn't 100% safe to ever have sex in public, but is it fun and worth doing from time to time? Damn straight it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 12:24 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rider View Post
I'd like to get some perspective on this. I met a lady back on Mardi Gras day (3/4) and we hit it off really well that evening. We've been on two more dinner dates since then that I felt went well. I really enjoyed her company and I would be interested in a relationship with this woman.

The problem is that things don't seem to be progressing properly. We've made out with each other during each date but she doesn't invite me inside afterwards. I don't want to waste my time. I'm thinking she is "on the fence" with me and probably is seeing someone else also. Is it time to write this off yet?
Do HER a favor and write her off. She'll be better off not dating someone who clearly thinks that buying a woman dinner requires her to put out.

Ugh.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:25 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
But it's because of such cases that the OLD site urge women to meet first for a coffee date. That's for safety purposes. Whether you like it or not, women, to some extent, are afraid of you. At the very least, they have a "proceed with caution" reminder up in the back of their minds. They may be looking forward to seeing you, but they know that people aren't always what they seem, and that it's important to be a little guarded.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with or weird about being guarded when meeting with a complete stranger for the first time.

When I was single, I was never "afraid" of going on a date. But I also wasn't a throw-all-caution-to-the-wind moron who thought nobody could ever hurt me.

And not producing my genitalia three dates in as a general rule of thumb isn't a stance I can agree with because I consider my vagina to be the Holy Grail. It's because, frankly, who the eff are YOU, person I've gone on three dates with? I really don't know yet.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
Having sex really has nothing to do with an emotional connection for many people - its simply a physical release.

I don't really believe this. Most of the time it is just a physical release, but when it is done with someone you really care about, are deeply attracted to, it often is more than just the physical release. For those that it is just a physical release, I'm thinking these are people that never really deeply connect with the person/people they sleep with.

I might be wrong, and maybe that is the idealist in me, but it is what I think .

Old 03-26-2014, 12:30 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

But a life where you don't take risks isn't worth living. 100% safe is 100% boring. Heck, it isn't 100% safe to ever have sex in public, but is it fun and worth doing from time to time? Damn straight it is.
And ending up with a child or a disease due to some random encounter with some random dude is also 100% dumb and 100% avoidable.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
And ending up with a child or a disease due to some random encounter with some random dude is also 100% dumb and 100% avoidable.

Who ever talked about having a child (which no one has to do if they don't want to do) or a "random encounter" or a "random dude"?

Old 03-26-2014, 12:33 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
And some can see the emotional wrecks, the confusion and bitterness that prevails among many women who allow their bodies to be nothing more than a vessel with man after man after man, all the while telling themselves how important it is to get the sex very early on in a relationship. That is why many women choose to hold off - they don't to become one of them.
"And some can see the emotional wrecks, the confusion and bitterness that prevails among many women who allow their bodies to be nothing more than a vessel with man after man after man,"
I know a woman who does that, actually 2. She is married and has one hook up one after the next. They are not even a ONS because they don't last a night. She leaves the bar with a man, then comes back an hour later with out him. Ive seen it happen a couple of times, but the locals say she does it every night she is there. She is always complaining to mutual aquantainces that she can't find a man .

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Who ever talked about having a child (which no one has to do if they don't want to do) or a "random encounter" or a "random dude"?
It can happen though. At least 3 of my guy friends currently have children due to one night stands with random women, two of which were in different countries.

1,503 posts, read 1,856,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
What's with this 3 dates nonsense? When I was dating, I used the 12 hour rule. If I liked someone, I had sex with them after spending 12 hours with them. This could be on date one or date 6 or 7 depending on how long each date lasted. I took my stop watch with me to make sure I had sex with them at the 12 hour mark exactly - whether we were in the car, in a restaurant, walking around campus, etc. At 12 hours, I dropped trou and did the deed.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:36 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,235 times
Quote:
I don't really believe this. Most of the time it is just a physical release, but when it is done with someone you really care about, are deeply attracted to, it often is more than just the physical release. For those that it is just a physical release, I'm thinking these are people that never really deeply connect with the person/people they sleep with.

I might be wrong, and maybe that is the idealist in me, but it is what I think .
Oh I agree with you, but to say that you really care about someone in 1-3 dates and that you have developed that deep, intense emotional connection with someone - well you are joking yourself in my opinion - and that seems to be the timeline that many posters are using to get intimate with someone. Heck for some its within an hour after leaving the bar right after they met the person
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships