Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 03:20 PM

540 posts, read 453,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladee View Post
i never ask guys out but i was somewhere and saw this guy who i used to know and he was smoking hot. he said we should get together sometime.. so i contacted him first and asked him out.. great.. seems fine

but at the end of the date he totally tried to sleep with me.. so going forward i dont think it is a good idea to ask a guy out.. it gives him the wrong idea
So people shouldnt ask others out because they might want sex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 03:22 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Yeah exactly, most of my girlfriends are always getting hit on by guys

Now, most guys are just flat out disgusting and say rude comments.
You know what I find, when I am in a relationship THEN guys come out of the woodwork and hit on me. Times like now when I am perfectly single, nada. It's just uncanny

Old 04-23-2014, 03:24 PM

356 posts, read 1,269,515 times
well that is not what i said at all

what i meant was I dont want a guy to get the wrong idea if I ask him out, that I am looking to Just hook up.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladee View Post
well that is not what i said at all

what i meant was I dont want a guy to get the wrong idea if I ask him out, that I am looking to Just hook up.
There are a fair amount of men that assume that for some reason... they think if a woman is talking to them, that woman must be "desperate." But I think that's slowly dying out... and I don't think most men think this way. Although it can be hard to discern who thinks this way and who doesn't. You just have to give them a try and be on your toes.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:29 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
There are a fair amount of men that assume that for some reason... they think if a woman is talking to them, that woman must be "desperate." But I think that's slowly dying out... and I don't think most men think this way. Although it can be hard to discern who thinks this way and who doesn't. You just have to give them a try and be on your toes.
And there's also the thing that you brought up with your last relationship, which is some guys will go through the motions with a woman because she's there and she's willing and he's got no other options at the moment. So it's not that he actually is into her and wants to date (he probably wouldn't have approached her,) he's just got nothing else going on and he'll probably get laid out of it. Those are tricky to suss out, too.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:37 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
It probably depends on how she talks to a guy.

If she offers her name and asks if he is single ...

..... or if she just starts a casual conversation about the situation they are in (grocery store, bar, coffee shop) which is more playful. It gives the man the hint she is interested in talking but doesn't put the pressure on him that she REALLY NEEDS A BF RIGHT NOW AND FOREVER.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:40 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I do get approached. In real life by guys 55+.

Online by guys 20-24 years old and really big ones usually.

About 10% of the guys who approach me online and look okay, are either dead broke or ex prisoners or have 4 kids by 5 women or a freaky hobby or . .. or ..I am a freak magnet. So if you are attracted to me, there must be something wrong with YOU
Don't be so modest, Eve you know you get hit on all the time by hot guys of all ages old, young and crazy, Lol

And I know you love the attention; what woman doesnt

Old 04-23-2014, 03:47 PM

356 posts, read 1,269,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And there's also the thing that you brought up with your last relationship, which is some guys will go through the motions with a woman because she's there and she's willing and he's got no other options at the moment. So it's not that he actually is into her and wants to date (he probably wouldn't have approached her,) he's just got nothing else going on and he'll probably get laid out of it. Those are tricky to suss out, too.
Yes that is true too! I definitely dont come off as desperate, but if he was interested he would have said more than lets get together some time, he would have made it happen. I made it happen so hes like why not... which isnt good for me in the long run.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:51 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Don't be so modest, Eve you know you get hit on all the time by hot guys of all ages old, young and crazy, Lol

And I know you love the attention; what woman doesnt
Of course I do. And i get alot of attention when I walk in a bar... with my 6'2" (wearing shoes with slight heel) and a tight dress.

But then they look away and concentrate on the girls who look just as hot but are a few inches shorter. So they can keep their manlihood.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
There's that too... I am still working on getting over that hurt. It's been two months, we only dated for about 5, you'd think I would be over him by now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships