Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 11:23 PM

461 posts, read 556,017 times

Advertisements

Simple question.

By controlling, I don't mean abusive or anything sick like that.

But say you were planning to hang out at a bar with four male coworkers after work and your boyfriend told you no way. Do you find that attractive? Is it considered assertive in a good way? Or do you look at it as a lack of trust or low confidence on his part?

I've been told by some women that they find it cute when their boyfriend gets jealous or acts protective. Where is the line drawn?

And furthermore, between these two choices, do you like it more when a man is controlling or when you are in control?

I ask because a guy I know once got dumped for being OK with his girlfriend hanging out with a former fwb. She thought he was a wimp more than she cared for him being trusting. She wasn't happy that he didn't put up an effort to stop it and took it as a sign of weakness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 11:30 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,198,857 times
No. I would not find it remotely attractive if a man thought he could tell me where to go and with whom. In fact, I'd tell him to jump off a cliff. It's a sign of insecurity, and it is unbecoming.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:36 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,151 times
Nope I wouldn't like that.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:37 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,041,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
No. I would not find it remotely attractive if a man thought he could tell me where to go and with whom. In fact, I'd tell him to jump off a cliff. It's a sign of insecurity, and it is unbecoming.
THIS ^^^^

I couldn't have said it better.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:37 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,689,395 times
Nope, that's a deal breaker.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:08 AM

479 posts, read 431,697 times
Default Actually...

There's no such thing as "most women".

Old 06-06-2014, 12:30 AM

411 posts, read 416,100 times
Nope.

It's a massive turn-off.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:49 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,270,515 times
I'm prepared to get jumped by the women on here BUTTT...

Women are some strange creatures. I've found they often say that they don't like a type of guy, but they end up being attracted to the guys they say they hate.

For example, way back in my inexperienced days, I remember trying to get with this girl thinking that the nice, innocent guy routine was the way to go. This girl was always saying that she liked the nicer guys and hated jocks and cocky guys, often using this guy named Tommie as an example. I spent 2 months trying to get with her watching everything I said and trying not to offend her. Long story short, we attended a party and Tommie flirted with her a little bit and needless to say, she ended up leaving with him that night. I don't know if they slept together but I'm sure they did, if not, I'm sure they did some heavy making out.

Women don't want an overly controlling guy but they do want a guy who's not afraid to take charge and tell her what he wants, and this is coming from a number of women who've told me this AND those that have tried to test me themselves. Women are smarter than men and they sometimes will play us like chess pieces. Alot of times, they'll say they want to do something that they know we're opposed to just to get a rise out of us. Alot of time, it's a test to see how far she can go. If she knows that she can push those limits, she will ultimately lose respect and interest.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:53 AM

324 posts, read 407,394 times
A man that is "in control" is attractive. But I don't like controlling men.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:04 AM

461 posts, read 556,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_girl View Post
A man that is "in control" is attractive. But I don't like controlling men.
Define in control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships