Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 09:30 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,559,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
No I'm speaking as if men often need more than good sex as a reason to enter a relationship. Sorry sweetheart but what you have in between your legs is not anymore special than the other million of women that have the same thing. Sleeping with a man early on or later will ultimately have some bearing on whether he pursues a relationship with you, but the majority of the time it boils down to them having a reason or reasons to want to commit to you. For the average man it doesn't happen overnight. He wants to get to know you. See where your head is at. Determine whether your a keeper. But if your making it that easy for him this early it essentially get all The benefits of what it would be like to have you as his gf without having to make you his gf, then why would he want to change the status quo? Im not saying that he won't make his gf, that he doesnt want a gf, or that you screwed it up. I'm only saying that it's too early to tell, it's only been two weeks and since that is the case, why are you doing so much so soon? Expecting more than what is time appropriate? Being in the grey zone at two weeks is not odd at all, but rushing in to something without discussing what the intentions are is not a good idea. You end up in this situation... I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you so much!

I guess you are right that being in the grey zone after 6 dates/2 weeks is normal, but the kind of relationship we have seems to close for 2 weeks, and sometimes i find myself thinking if i can/cant say this or that.

Example:

he stay over at my house yesterday, but left early today cause i ve had things to do early. Later at night he texted me asking me how i was, etc, and he told me he was out with his friends. I wanted to playfully answer something like "behave" but i didnt, i just said "hope you have a good time, im going to sleep now, kisses".

But i wish i could have just said: "behave"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 09:32 PM

48,635 posts, read 35,109,786 times
Doesn't matter what we say, this is only a question he can answer. Right now you don't know if he is seeing and/or sleeping with a bunch of other women.

It's a simple question to ask if you two are exclusive.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-07-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Doesn't matter what we say, this is only a question he can answer. Right now you don't know if he is seeing and/or sleeping with a bunch of other women.

It's a simple question to ask if you two are exclusive.

I have never been in this position to have to ask if we are exclusive, but i guess i should now.

Do men tend to get scared by this question??

Old 06-07-2014, 09:39 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,193,302 times
Why do you want to ask so badly?

Your "behave" comment just sounds like you wanted to exert some ownership but didn't feel comfortable.

I think THAT is the feeling you should pay attention to. You don't know each other well enough to be at that "behave" level.

Even though you've already had sex.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:44 PM

Im anxious, i dont like to "not know"

i guess this thread woke up a lot of doubts i didnt know i had. Or deep down i knew.

I dont know if im comfortable about sleeping cuddling with a guy thats not my boyfriend. The sex is not the problem (im ok about having sex with a guy thats not my boyfriend), the hugs, kisses, sleep over, kiss in the morning, making eachother dinner, discussing intimate problems, are the things i have problems with. Those are boyfriend things. And if he is not i rather just have sex, i think.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I have never been in this position to have to ask if we are exclusive, but i guess i should now.

Do men tend to get scared by this question??
They are all different.

You have no idea if this guy was relationship oriented? No discussions about anything?

Guy could have no interest in a relationship or he could be looking for one.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:

i guess this thread woke up a lot of doubts i didnt know i had. Or deep down i knew.

I dont know if im comfortable about sleeping cuddling with a guy thats not my boyfriend. The sex is not the problem (im ok about having sex with a guy thats not my boyfriend), the hugs, kisses, sleep over, kiss in the morning, making eachother dinner, discussing intimate problems, are the things i have problems with. Those are boyfriend things. And if he is not i rather just have sex, i think.

A little late for all that isn't it?

Old 06-07-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:

Well, we've established that sex does not equal intimacy for you.

I'm just trying to figure out what the heck needs to change for you to be happy. He's already doing all the things a BF would do, except say the words, "Will you be my GF?"

Old 06-07-2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
They are all different.

You have no idea if this guy was relationship oriented? No discussions about anything?

Guy could have no interest in a relationship or he could be looking for one.

No, he never told me anything about his love life.

I actually told him quite fast: he knows i was always in long serious relationships, he knows i ve only been single the last 5 months, while the rest of my adult life i was in relationships, he probably knows im a relationship oriented person.

All i know about him is that he has been single for the last 4 years!!! he barely wanted to mention his last gf, and seemed that wanted to change the subject when i insisted him this topic.

what do u make of this?

Old 06-07-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
No, he never told me anything about his love life.

I actually told him quite fast: he knows i was always in long serious relationships, he knows i ve only been single the last 5 months, while the rest of my adult life i was in relationships, he probably knows im a relationship oriented person.

All i know about him is that he has been single for the last 4 years!!! he barely wanted to mention his last gf, and seemed that wanted to change the subject when i insisted him this topic.

what do u make of this?
Red flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships