Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 02:26 PM

11,817 posts, read 12,068,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The excuses are so obviously exactly that--excuses. They'll be practicing Italian together? But she says they always speak English. And he TOLD her he doesn't want her to go? The writing on the wall speaks loud and clear.
Yes, I just edited to basically say the same thing.

I don't care if they're not engaged or married, if you've been dating someone for a year, you should want to be with that person, want to see things together. This guy does not, and the OP should be with someone who desires to spend time and travel with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 02:27 PM

88 posts, read 167,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You ARE joking, right?
In this case, yes, I don't think that's what he's thinking. But I wouldn't be surprised if he was looking for something different. v

Old 07-04-2014, 02:31 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,382,599 times
Quote:
"Could it be...?" Yes. That's how I see it. He's not that into you. If he were, he'd want you around more, and you would be his priority, not these Italian girls. If I were you, I'd disengage (painful though it might be), and look for a guy who's really into me.
This.

That wouldn't work for me, and vice versa.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:32 PM

40 posts, read 63,225 times
Quote:
"Could it be...?" Yes. That's how I see it. He's not that into you. If he were, he'd want you around more, and you would be his priority, not these Italian girls. If I were you, I'd disengage (painful thought it might be), and look for a guy who's really into me.

This is also what we discussed in the past. He kept reassuring me that he wants us to be together; and he said that the time when I will meet those girls will be 'at our wedding'. That totally caught me off guard... But yeah... on occasion he fails making me his priority.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:35 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,238,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opiniongirl View Post
This is also what we discussed in the past. He kept reassuring me that he wants us to be together; and he said that the time when I will meet those girls will be 'at our wedding'. That totally caught me off guard... But yeah... on occasion he fails making me his priority.
My guess is that he threw that out as a smoke screen. Right now, he's having his cake and eating it too. ....so to speak. Who knows how many cakes he's eating? If he were madly in love with you, he'd want his friends to meet you, and he'd want to share special times and places with you.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
I personally wouldn't invite my bf unless the other folks I'm going with are doing so.
To my knowledge...both of the girls are single

Old 07-04-2014, 02:45 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,599,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1w0n View Post
Sorry but the only female a guy can be an honest friend to is someone he has already slept with. If he hasn't slept with her, he wants to. And women should be honest about their male friends, they know that if given the green light that all their male friends would have sex with them.....only men who are gay can have true friendship with a woman. Every woman I know deep down knows this, but they don't like to admit it for two reasons. They don't want to admit that men view them mainly for sexual purposes, and knowing that shows that they are basically leading the guy on if he has no chance. Girl always needs a backup in case of BF problems. I of course am referring to single women.
Absolute complete and totally BS. I have had many female friends and do not or have not ever wanted to have sex with them. Like NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

We are not all horny dogs wanting to mate with any female that comes along. If you are, then don't assume everyone else is.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
My guess is that he threw that out as a smoke screen. Right now, he's having his cake and eating it too. ....so to speak. Who knows how many cakes he's eating? If he were madly in love with you, he'd want his friends to meet you, and he'd want to share special times and places with you.
Love the 'smoke screen' expression Yikes!
Don't think he even has enough time to 'try other cakes', as he has a demanding study schedule and has me at home, but nobody says he cannot want to reassured that he is still desirable on a vacation... And even if not, people get drunk, consequences follow.
Although, I think the reason why I haven't already met the girls seems to be geographical only. I met all of his other friends that live close by...

Old 07-04-2014, 02:57 PM

285 posts, read 535,574 times
Umm, no. That's not cool. There's no circumstance under which that would be ok with me, and I've never dated anyone who would even try it (or want to). He sounds like a douche. You should find someone who isn't a waste of time and actually enjoys your presence, wherever that may be.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:58 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,238,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opiniongirl View Post
Love the 'smoke screen' expression Yikes!
Don't think he even has enough time to 'try other cakes', as he has a demanding study schedule and has me at home, but nobody says he cannot want to reassured that he is still desirable on a vacation... And even if not, people get drunk, consequences follow.
Although, I think the reason why I haven't already met the girls seems to be geographical only. I met all of his other friends that live close by...
OK, well, hopefully you're right, and we're wrong. But those lame and obvious excuses seem like a red flag. Maybe like you say, it's just a "flirting" vacation for him. Whatever. I still think he's not ready for the kind of serious commitment you're up for. You guys aren't on the same page. He may not be all that into commitment at all, going by that earlier incident you cited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships