Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 01:23 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,043,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Ooo...Neil Degrasse Tyson. He is so hot.
Not a chance. And this is exactly the point people are making, being attracted to someone IS subjective.

I met my husband at a Christmas party at a friend's house. I didn't know anything about him, and I wasn't attracted or unattracted to him, he was just a guy at the party. As the night wore on, he had me hooked, because of the way he spoke, what he said, and having the same sense of humour. It wasn't instant fireworks when we looked at each other, but it was when we spoke.

From previous dating experience, the fireworks you feel toward someone's physical appearance can easily cloud you to the realities of who they are as a person. There was a thread today about a guy spying on a girl's FB because he doesn't trust her to tell the truth, but he'd still like to get with her because "she's hot". It gets old quickly when they have nothing else to offer but an appealing outer layer and are rotten to the core underneath.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:26 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
From previous dating experience, the fireworks you feel toward someone's physical appearance can easily cloud you to the realities of who they are as a person. There was a thread today about a guy spying on a girl's FB because he doesn't trust her to tell the truth, but he'd still like to get with her because "she's hot". It gets old quickly when they have nothing else to offer but an appealing outer layer and are rotten to the core underneath.
And quite a few guys in that "does personality grow you?" thread said no, absolutely not. The only thing they need to know about a woman is that she's hot and personality doesn't matter. I have to wonder if these are the guys who end up getting totally burned in a relationship because she turns out to be a manipulative selfish nightmare. But hey, she looks good in a bikini, right?

Old 08-21-2014, 01:31 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And quite a few guys in that "does personality grow you?" thread said no, absolutely not. The only thing they need to know about a woman is that she's hot and personality doesn't matter. I have to wonder if these are the guys who end up getting totally burned in a relationship because she turns out to be a manipulative selfish nightmare. But hey, she looks good in a bikini, right?

I wonder how many of those guys have been in LTRs, period.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:35 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,396,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
come off it

obviously i don't make low tact sociopath statements in real life. I'm a social person with a lot of friends. i've had several unattractive girlfriends in my life. attractive women find me unattractive because I'm unattractive it's simple as that. I find it insulting for you all to claim otherwise or to claim I don't properly understand even my own situation.

Read lilac's post. Read it again. This is how almost all rational young attractive women think. As they get older women make compromises because their looks fade. You are delusional if you think otherwise. Same with very attractive men.

Why do you think attractive men and women are always the party animals who sleep around as kids? It's because they are privileged enough to have a chance to live that life. Duh.
You can't hide being a sociopath forever. I didn't call you that, you self identified as a sociopath. I think that makes you very unattractive even if you are a perfect physical specimen.

This is from the dictionary.com website: "

a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience."

And this:

"Someone whose social behavior is extremely abnormal. Sociopaths are interested only in their personal needs and desires, without concern for the effects of their behavior on others."

Sociopath | Define Sociopath at Dictionary.com

Bang as many women as you want, I could care less.

I think everyone thinks looks are important, but attractiveness is subjective. What people are attracted to, outside of symmetry is subjective.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:38 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,251,187 times
Women don't go out looking for the most ugliest, fastest, shortest guy but has a charismatic-fantastic personality. L OH L.

Bare minimum attraction is #1, from there comes everything else, ergo, looks is top of the list.

Forget it OP almost all women will not admit this. No use arguing. It is what it is.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:41 PM

2,376 posts, read 1,860,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Women don't go out looking for the most ugliest, fastest, shortest guy but has a charismatic-fantastic personality. L OH L.

Bare minimum attraction is #1, from there comes everything else, ergo, looks is top of the list.

Forget it OP almost all women will not admit this. No use arguing. It is what it is.
yep... yet another rational user whose posts will be ignored. next try posting some anecdotal evidence and watch your personality be attacked by total strangers who wouldn't know you from Simon Nessman

Old 08-21-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
yep... yet another rational user whose posts will be ignored. next try posting some anecdotal evidence and watch your personality be attacked by total strangers who wouldn't know you from Simon Nessman
I apologize if you felt insulted. I didn't realize self identified sociopaths cared what other posters thought.

I'm curious if you are seeing a therapist. Why do you identify as a sociopath?

Old 08-21-2014, 01:52 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
They don't go out looking for them, but when they come across them, some fall for them.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:53 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I apologize if you felt insulted. I didn't realize self identified sociopaths cared what other posters thought.
lol
Actually, sociopaths do care to a certain extent what people around them think, because much of their energy goes towards charming them and manipulating them, using people to their own ends.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:

I don't disagree, but the best looking guys are not always the most attractive. There has to be an "it" factor too. I personally find Justin Bieber gag worthy, but tons of 18 year old disagree with me.

It has to be " looks" you are attracted to, not just good looking.

Women are going crazy for Benedict cumberbatch, and I'm just....meh.

No woman will see a very unattractive guy and then become attracted to them.

An average guy on the other hand can accomplish this sometimes. The woman is thinking he's okay looking, but he's so (interesting, smart, funny, powerful etc...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships