Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 11:04 AM

326 posts, read 348,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Every human on the planet is attracted to who they are attracted to no matter what the reason and sometimes you just cannot pinpoint exactly what the attraction is because it is a combination of the entire person and there is no defining that to an exact definition.

When humans understand this completely all the stress and over analyzing about others and dating/relationships will ease quite a bit and people might actually get a date then have more than that one date and it might actually turn into a good long lasting relationship, flaws and all.
One date after a series of rejections wouldn't make me happy.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:05 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,458,244 times
It's a sum of all parts, not just one.

You are desicribing cold approaching people as if it's how everyone on the planet initiates finding partners or that only the select few "god tier" looking people find others.

The scale doesn't work this way. There are far more variables at play than basic 1 + 1 =

Old 08-21-2014, 11:06 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
I'll bring this up at the next "Woman Convention" where we collectively decide what all women think about everything.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:06 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEandLMS View Post
That's my point.

1. Looks pull you in, AND THEN LATER, personality matters.

2. An average/below average guy's looks won't pull you in, so you won't give him a chance to display his personality.

I'm not mad at women for this. I just wish they'd be honest.
Brutal "honesty" such as you claim to want would be considered ill-mannered behavior by some folks and they would therefore never engage in it.

The sooner you endeavor to understand that attraction is a complicated mixture of things that are different for every single one of us, the sooner you'll quit wasting time and energy

Old 08-21-2014, 11:08 AM

2,376 posts, read 1,860,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Brutal "honesty" such as you claim to want would be considered ill-mannered behavior by some folks and they would therefore never engage in it.

The sooner you endeavor to understand that attraction is a complicated mixture of things that are different for every single one of us, the sooner you'll quit wasting time and energy

I interpret your argument as "You don't understand women. You can never understand. The sooner you admit that you will never understand the sooner you will stop talking"

I'm sure I've misinterpreted. Could you please clarify?

Old 08-21-2014, 11:11 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
I would like to give you a hug.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:12 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
It's a sum of all parts, not just one.

You are desicribing cold approaching people as if it's how everyone on the planet initiates finding partners or that only the select few "god tier" looking people find others.

The scale doesn't work this way. There are far more variables at play than basic 1 + 1 =
True, and what I always suggest is to to pay attention to couples when you're out and about. You see all kinds of people paired up, not just model/athletes. Trying to break it down into some kind of formula is madness.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:15 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
True, and what I always suggest is to to pay attention to couples when you're out and about. You see all kinds of people paired up, not just model/athletes. Trying to break it down into some kind of formula is madness.

I really don't think people on this forum go out and look around. I see overweight people with thin people (both genders), some taller women with equal height or shorter men, people of difference races, etc etc all paired up together. I can't believe such things are restricted to the big cities I've lived in.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:16 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
I interpret your argument as "You don't understand women. You can never understand. The sooner you admit that you will never understand the sooner you will stop talking"

I'm sure I've misinterpreted. Could you please clarify?
You clearly have.

My advice would be the same whether or not you were male or female.

The fact is, attraction is very subjective - VERY INDIVIDUAL to every person.

And as I previously stated, there are many factors involved in what makes someone "attractive" to someone else.

You are just spinning your wheels and wasting your time by claiming women "just need to be honest".

The reality is, WE ARE BEING HONEST with you, right here, right now

Old 08-21-2014, 11:24 AM

326 posts, read 348,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEandLMS View Post
That's my point.

1. Looks pull you in, AND THEN LATER, personality matters.

2. An average/below average guy's looks won't pull you in, so you won't give him a chance to display his personality.

I'm not mad at women for this. I just wish they'd be honest.
This has been my experience and it explains why I failed. I can't change my looks so I could care less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships