Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 11:25 AM

2,376 posts, read 1,860,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You clearly have.

My advice would be the same whether or not you were male or female.

The fact is, attraction is very subjective - VERY INDIVIDUAL to every person.

And as I previously stated, there are many factors involved in what makes someone "attractive" to someone else.

You are just spinning your wheels and wasting your time by claiming women "just need to be honest".

The reality is, WE ARE BEING HONEST with you, right here, right now

I can't talk for women but this isn't true for men at al. Subjective fluctuations may cause an overall change of rating of plus or minus 2 points but it will NEVER turn a 2/10 (undateable) into life partner material. A group of straight guys could look through a list of 100 women and for the most part we all would agree which ones are fit for reproduction and which aren't. We could probably agree on the top 10 and bottom 10 as well.

The cold truth is some men and some women were born as genetic underclass unfit for producing young.

They are the worker bees who spend their whole lifes clinging to the hope that if they land that promotion or work on their personality a little bit more they might finally be able to find a mate they are physically attracted to. If they do marry it's based on their resources and not on any biological urges of love. I've met enough sad and lonely old men (and women) to know this is the case.

Most people act like they are okay with being an old spinster but in reality they would rather be dead.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:31 AM

326 posts, read 348,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
I can't talk for women but this isn't true for men at al. Subjective fluctuations may cause an overall change of rating of plus or minus 2 points but it will NEVER turn a 2/10 (undateable) into life partner material. A group of straight guys could look through a list of 100 women and for the most part we all would agree which ones are fit for reproduction and which aren't. We could probably agree on the top 10 and bottom 10 as well.

The cold truth is some men and some women were born as genetic underclass unfit for producing young.

They are the worker bees who spend their whole lifes clinging to the hope that if they land that promotion or work on their personality a little bit more they might finally be able to find a mate they are physically attracted to. If they do marry it's based on their resources and not on any biological urges of love. I've met enough sad and lonely old men (and women) to know this is the case.

Most people act like they are okay with being an old spinster but in reality they would rather be dead.
Exactly if you couldn't get a women to date you in your youth don't listen to women saying they are attracted to you when your older its a scam.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:43 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEandLMS View Post
I'm not saying that women shouldn't be attracted to physical attractiveness. Physical attractiveness is by definition, attractive. No one can deny that. But women seem to be ashamed of being called shallow if they admit that they care about looks first and personality second.

Women are honest about height - they want a guy as tall as them or taller. About money - they want a guy who has a goodpaying job. About status - they want a guy who doesn't live with his parents over a certain age, who has friends, is socially well adjusted, etc.

But looks is the one thing that women are ashamed of saying matters. Why is that?.
Why are you assuming they're ashamed of saying looks matters? For some women, looks do come in 2nd or 3rd place, priority-wise. Women are all different. Priorities differ. Why do some men have such a hard time with this?

Old 08-21-2014, 11:45 AM

326 posts, read 348,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why are you assuming they're ashamed of saying looks matters? For some women, looks do come in 2nd or 3rd place, priority-wise. Women are all different. Priorities differ. Why do some men have such a hard time with this?
Seeing is believing especially for us ugly men.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:46 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is true. I guess it's really difficult for most men to grasp.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:48 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEandLMS View Post
That's my point.

1. Looks pull you in, AND THEN LATER, personality matters.

2. An average/below average guy's looks won't pull you in, so you won't give him a chance to display his personality.

I'm not mad at women for this. I just wish they'd be honest.
No. Not for everyone, and not in every instance. Looks clearly pull YOU in. You can't speak for everyone, though.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:49 AM

2,376 posts, read 1,860,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
This is true. I guess it's really difficult for most men to grasp.

well it's because we're interested in results. endless platitudes I've heard have done nothing to change my results. The only thing that changes my results is posing as an attractive male. My cousin is attractive and I've used his tinder account to set up dates with girls who wouldn't even return my greeting. How do you explain that?

Old 08-21-2014, 11:55 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:

Way to miss the point

You are confusing "attractiveness" with ATTRACTION.

ATTRACTION IS SUBJECTIVE, IN ALL PEOPLE.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:57 AM

138 posts, read 171,656 times
Quote:

This may be the saddest thing I've ever read and clearly it comes from a mind that's either too young to have experienced the world outside of a very small area or you're just pathetic.

I would likely have agreed with this statement when I was a 21 year old that had grown up in a small town but by the time I hit 30 and had moved around and lived in some cities I recognized the inexperience that drives this thinking. You're letting the advertising industry define beauty for you because you haven't been with enough partners to understand the little individual differences that you like and don't like. You've probably got a list of physical attributes that are important to you in a potential partner, but if someone asked you what kind of a sense humor or what hobbies a potential partner might enjoy that would attract you, you'd stand there with a clueless look on your face.

The funny thing is that if you really stick to this thinking you won't learn until you're 45 years old and your gorgeous spouse leaves you after cheating with their fitness instructor because they're just as shallow as you.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:57 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,409,168 times
Quote:
well it's because we're interested in results. endless platitudes I've heard have done nothing to change my results. The only thing that changes my results is posing as an attractive male. My cousin is attractive and I've used his tinder account to set up dates with girls who wouldn't even return my greeting. How do you explain that?
To be fair, tinder is mainly a hook up app. If you're looking for a LTR, that isn't really the place to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships