Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 11:09 PM

837 posts, read 961,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Blessings to you all.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:19 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Took about a week to purge the toxins out of my system. Three wins at last Friday's turkey shoot helps along with a trip to the range today.
So did you win a few carcasses to add to your freezer? lol

Are you eating that turkey tomorrow that you won a few weeks ago?

Old 11-27-2014, 07:56 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
So my kid totaled his car this morning. He is fine. He went to DC yesterday against my wishes (to visit his college buddy who was having a birthday) and was on his way home. He was driving overtired and fell asleep, and flipped the car 4 times. I am furious, but mostly I am sitting here just in shock and stunned. He called his dad to pick him up and they are having breakfast right now. I could have lost him. I am just....I don't know...I am a wreck right now. I don't even want to talk to anyone it I am so upset inside.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:48 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
So my kid totaled his car this morning. He is fine. He went to DC yesterday against my wishes (to visit his college buddy who was having a birthday) and was on his way home. He was driving overtired and fell asleep, and flipped the car 4 times. I am furious, but mostly I am sitting here just in shock and stunned. He called his dad to pick him up and they are having breakfast right now. I could have lost him. I am just....I don't know...I am a wreck right now. I don't even want to talk to anyone it I am so upset inside.

Holiday wrecks are the worst. Breakfast with dad is far better than mourning the loss. That is not a flippant remark. I've worked too many of those type of calls.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:09 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
So did you win a few carcasses to add to your freezer? lol

Are you eating that turkey tomorrow that you won a few weeks ago?
It's in the oven as of this post.
I can go shoot for more turkey now!
The freezer is full and as long as some a**hole doesn't knock the power out we're set.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:51 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,006,797 times
Thank God I don't watch TV anymore, or else I'd be more depressed about the Holidays than I already am.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

Yikes Chessie! I'm so glad he's okay!

My two boys are not driving yet. I keep trying to hold them off as long as I can. They are taking drivers ed (classroom course) in January but I'm not ready for them to take the driving portion of it. There are too many sad endings around here involving young drivers. It makes me ill to think about it.

You have a lot to be thankful for this year and hopefully he has learned a valuable lesson from this... ALWAYS LISTEN TO MOM...she knows best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
It's in the oven as of this post.
I can go shoot for more turkey now!
The freezer is full and as long as some a**hole doesn't knock the power out we're set.
Are you doing the travelling? I've got my turkey in the oven too...this is one of those holidays where I wish I had a double oven. In my next house...lol

What did you win? Bacon? Sausage?

Old 11-27-2014, 12:25 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,854 times
Chessie, I am glad your son is okay. Cars can be replaced.

Well, I ran the whole 5k this morning but came home empty handed. They gave away 200 pies, and I didn't win a darn one. SD's niece ran with me and she didn't win either. Oh well, it was still fun. Happy Thanksgiving to all my chat friends!

Old 11-27-2014, 01:05 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,217,975 times
Happy Thanksgiving everyone .

@ Chessie: I understand the conditions were quite messy out there near DC with freezing rain turning into snow, and driving tired was not the best choice. Happy to hear he is fine.

@ glen: That's my favorite emoticon. Nothing better than making new friends.

BTW, I went to the parade in NYC with my brother and cousin sister. Ill update it in a separate album by today evening.

Old 11-27-2014, 01:22 PM

To all my chat friends....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships