Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 01:28 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
To all my chat friends....
LOL, I'd rather increase the Bench press limit from 90 % to 130 % of my bodyweight for the next 2 weeks so that girls can hit on me at the gym .

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 11-27-2014 at 02:29 PM..

Old 11-27-2014, 03:42 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
So my kid totaled his car this morning. He is fine. He went to DC yesterday against my wishes (to visit his college buddy who was having a birthday) and was on his way home. He was driving overtired and fell asleep, and flipped the car 4 times. I am furious, but mostly I am sitting here just in shock and stunned. He called his dad to pick him up and they are having breakfast right now. I could have lost him. I am just....I don't know...I am a wreck right now. I don't even want to talk to anyone it I am so upset inside.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Be thankful the car rolled, it's those sudden stops that kill.

Old 11-27-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Yikes Chessie! I'm so glad he's okay!

My two boys are not driving yet. I keep trying to hold them off as long as I can. They are taking drivers ed (classroom course) in January but I'm not ready for them to take the driving portion of it. There are too many sad endings around here involving young drivers. It makes me ill to think about it.

You have a lot to be thankful for this year and hopefully he has learned a valuable lesson from this... ALWAYS LISTEN TO MOM...she knows best!

Are you doing the travelling? I've got my turkey in the oven too...this is one of those holidays where I wish I had a double oven. In my next house...lol

What did you win? Bacon? Sausage?
Most people, actually nearly all people, are not progressive enough to follow this suggestion: Send your boys to a bona fide driving school, driver's education is a freaking joke. All driver's ed does is teach a person enough to pass a test and to get out on the road and partake in the economy. Driving school teaches a person how to drive a car. It may look like tire squealing hot dogging from the spectator end but valuable skills are being taught.

Going to mom's house (past tense). We almost went with a double oven in our former residence, but decided on microwave/wall oven set up. As a matter of fact the sales person at Home Depot order the wrong one which was a double oven.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:16 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
So my kid totaled his car this morning. He is fine. He went to DC yesterday against my wishes (to visit his college buddy who was having a birthday) and was on his way home. He was driving overtired and fell asleep, and flipped the car 4 times. I am furious, but mostly I am sitting here just in shock and stunned. He called his dad to pick him up and they are having breakfast right now. I could have lost him. I am just....I don't know...I am a wreck right now. I don't even want to talk to anyone it I am so upset inside.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
A car is meaningless, a life is precious, I'm just happy that your son is alive.Hug him Chessie. Then smack his arse.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
A car is meaningless, a life is precious, I'm just happy that your son is alive.Hug him Chessie. Then smack his arse.
My parents usually did the reverse.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:34 PM

Ladies: do any of you here think Black friday is just overblown.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:44 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Be thankful the car rolled, it's those sudden stops that kill.
Being ejected from a car is very deadly. The last fatality I was on was an ejection. Seat belts are a every good thing.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:08 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
LOL, I'd rather increase the Bench press limit from 90 % to 130 % of my bodyweight for the next 2 weeks so that girls can hit on me at the gym .
Hell I don't think I'm even going to run tomorrow. I rarely eat a "meal" in the traditional sense...I'm more of a grazer/picker. Tonight I over-did it. BLAH. I don't think I'm going to need to eat again until dinner time tomorrow night.

Quote:
Most people, actually nearly all people, are not progressive enough to follow this suggestion: Send your boys to a bona fide driving school, driver's education is a freaking joke. All driver's ed does is teach a person enough to pass a test and to get out on the road and partake in the economy. Driving school teaches a person how to drive a car. It may look like tire squealing hot dogging from the spectator end but valuable skills are being taught.

Going to mom's house (past tense). We almost went with a double oven in our former residence, but decided on microwave/wall oven set up. As a matter of fact the sales person at Home Depot order the wrong one which was a double oven.
Oh I will. This is just a "rules of the road" class. They can take a driving class through the school as well (they contract a driving school) but I want them to have semi-private lessons. We'll definitely go that route, because I can't teach them to drive...I am too much of a control freak to do that...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Ladies: do any of you here think Black friday is just overblown.
I never, ever go out shopping on Black Friday. I have ZERO patience for crowds. I do have to go out tomorrow though, which sucks...but I need to get mirrors and vanity lights for the bathroom so we can finish that project before the Sunday night deadline. I will probably wait until later in the day to go though.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Being ejected from a car is very deadly. The last fatality I was on was an ejection. Seat belts are a every good thing.
I may be misunderstanding your statement but, I'm talking about a roll dispersing energy as opposed to hitting a solid object and coming to an abrupt halt.

Quote:
Hell I don't think I'm even going to run tomorrow. I rarely eat a "meal" in the traditional sense...I'm more of a grazer/picker. Tonight I over-did it. BLAH. I don't think I'm going to need to eat again until dinner time tomorrow night.

Oh I will. This is just a "rules of the road" class. They can take a driving class through the school as well (they contract a driving school) but I want them to have semi-private lessons. We'll definitely go that route, because I can't teach them to drive...I am too much of a control freak to do that...lol

I never, ever go out shopping on Black Friday. I have ZERO patience for crowds. I do have to go out tomorrow though, which sucks...but I need to get mirrors and vanity lights for the bathroom so we can finish that project before the Sunday night deadline. I will probably wait until later in the day to go though.
By driving school I mean one where cones, tire squeals, and spin outs are involved. The kind of driving that teaches someone how to avoid an accident as opposed to trying to survive one.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:43 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
I may be misunderstanding your statement but, I'm talking about a roll dispersing energy as opposed to hitting a solid object and coming to an abrupt halt.

By driving school I mean one where cones, tire squeals, and spin outs are involved. The kind of driving that teaches someone how to avoid an accident as opposed to trying to survive one.
Yes I know what you are talking about.

I took a course like that. Have never used those skills thankfully. Every accident I've been in, someone else was the dumbass running into me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships