Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 03:16 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
LOL I wish opportunities like that were in this area. Its a very small town. We have two apartment complexes and both are expensive and everything else is houses. Sure he could meet someone but he'd have a hell of a time getting to our neighbors and they work out where I do, that's a 40 minute drive no way he could walk it. We don't live in an area of opportunity, our old town was like that but not this place. Its small and country.
He can get a bike. But...no need if the goal is to get him to save for a UHaul, and move back to his parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 03:17 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Or just a room. Renting a room in a house with roommates is pretty cheap. The dog can stay with you if the new landlord doesn't take dogs.

Txt, you say he can stay while he saves up money, but he's not going to clean or help while he is there. He might even get messier to punish you and prove that you're not the boss of him or whatever.

Sorry it didn't work out. Jettison that sluggard, get your place clean, and enjoy how it stays clean when you're not there.

Good luck.
He says that I couldn't keep it clean if it was just me but with how much I work I'm only here to sleep and on my days off and on my days off I sleep half the day to "catch" up on sleep and clean the other half. This place would stay spotless, aside from the occasional mess the dog made, which he wouldn't make if the trash was taken out regularly.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:23 PM

I texted him just now.

With a picture of that creepy doll from Saw with the caption "I want to play a game".
In the text I said "The game is: I've hidden your playstation controllers. When you get home the only way to see your controllers alive again is to clean with me for an hour. No negotiations. Clean or the controllers get it." Then texted I picture of his controllers with sad eyes(made them from notebook paper) next to a note that says "help us".

Old 09-09-2014, 03:24 PM

If this works I am going to start hiding his controllers in the morning before I leave for work until he texts me a picture of what he cleaned and then I text him the location to the controllers.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:25 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
okay so let me get this straight:

You open a thread and bash your lazy a$$ bf.

People tell you to get rid of him since you tried everything in your power already to make him change. Without any success.

Over the next 5 pages you keep defending him.

I guess you deserve each other.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:26 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
If this works I am going to start hiding his controllers in the morning before I leave for work until he texts me a picture of what he cleaned and then I text him the location to the controllers.

This won't work.

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
This is the type of strategy I've seen in child-rearing newspaper columns, about how to get a difficult 6-year-old to do what they're supposed to do. Withhold TV until they clean their room or do their homework.

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
OP by any chance do you smoke a lot of pot?

Old 09-09-2014, 03:27 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
If you are not going to put him out, you are not going to insist he do his part, you are going to make excuses for him time after time and you are playing games with the controllers of a game box, why did you even start this thread?

You appear no more serious about fixing this situation than the cows that live in the pasture next door to me.
I think you both need to mature since you are obviously chronologically an adult already.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
OP by any chance do you smoke a lot of pot?
What does that have to do with anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships