Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 03:49 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
We have one car. Mine. He has to save up to be able to get a UHAUL to put HIS stuff in, which isn't much but he can take this damn bed it hurts my back anyways. He still has to save up for that and then leave. We live in the south, family is out west and we're 1100 miles from them. He doesn't have family here or any real options to go stay with, especially not having a car and living next door to the person he works for. If he left he'd have no way of going to work and then he'd have no money to go home.

I'm just too nice of a person.
You've received some great advice here, now let me give you some encouragement.

You may be nice, but you deserve so much better! Kick his ass to the curb and let him fend for his lazy self. He's what -- 27?? Good grief. He's earned this; let him go use someone else. You've tried to fix a problem he creates, and it won't ever get better. You are a hard working, industrious and yes, TOO NICE girl who can find someone who appreciates you and even helps out a little. The next one gets a serious litmus test first, got it? If he doesn't pass, move on. I'm sorry you were treated so shabbily. Right now, your dog is your best friend, I'm afraid. Good luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 03:50 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
LOL. Losers.
Right I'm a loser...uh huh. Uh wrong.
I've been with the same company for almost a year, my one year is next month.
I work over 40 hours a week, the only time I have missed work is my accident. I pay my bills, I obey the laws. I do the right thing. I bust my arse and clean on my days off, I go out with friends.
I am one of the best employees at my store and I am about to get promoted and moved to another store where I will be one of the three managers.

I do what I am supposed to do. I smoke at night because I have such a hard time falling asleep. Literally, I'll smoke RIGHT before bed so I can fall asleep.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:51 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
You've received some great advice here, now let me give you some encouragement.

You may be nice, but you deserve so much better! Kick his ass to the curb and let him fend for his lazy self. He's what -- 27?? Good grief. He's earned this; let him go use someone else. You've tried to fix a problem he creates, and it won't ever get better. You are a hard working, industrious and yes, TOO NICE girl who can find someone who appreciates you and even helps out a little. The next one gets a serious litmus test first, got it? If he doesn't pass, move on. I'm sorry you were treated so shabbily. Right now, your dog is your best friend, I'm afraid. Good luck to you.
Whats a litmus test?

Old 09-09-2014, 03:52 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
Quote:
Are you kidding me? He's not doing anything to leave right now. He isn't saving his money. He isn't doing anything but going to work and coming home and playing playstation.

I broke my back 4 months ago and here I am today cleaning everything. I am going to be in so much pain later but I rather be able to relax in a clean house than sitting in pain in this mess.

He doesn't have to take the mattress with him, but he can. I'm not keeping it. I'm getting a new one because I have to for my back. If he doesn't take it I am having it thrown out. His choice. Keep the giant king mattress we currently have or spend more money on a new one. Figured it would be easier if he didn't have to buy a new one. I just wake up in too much pain to continue sleeping on it.
Are you still trying to join the Army?

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Right I'm a loser...uh huh. Uh wrong.
I've been with the same company for almost a year, my one year is next month.
I work over 40 hours a week, the only time I have missed work is my accident. I pay my bills, I obey the laws. I do the right thing. I bust my arse and clean on my days off, I go out with friends.
I am one of the best employees at my store and I am about to get promoted and moved to another store where I will be one of the three managers.

I do what I am supposed to do. I smoke at night because I have such a hard time falling asleep. Literally, I'll smoke RIGHT before bed so I can fall asleep.

But you're man smokes more. Probably drinks too. And can't get his sh*t together. Pretty much loserville.

Dump him.

Quote:
Whats a litmus test?

And fire your high school chemistry teacher.

5,624 posts, read 6,844,919 times
Quote:
Id say a trip to the dr would be better than smoking pot. They can give you something legal to take for sleeping

Old 09-09-2014, 03:58 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
I do at night before bed but that's it. I don't smoke unless its before bed. I used to smoke more but with how much I work I really can't.
He smokes more.
This is why he's unmotivated. One reason, anyway.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:00 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,065 times
You are not being "nice", you are being an enabler and co-dependent. You are actually doing him a disservice and preventing him from growing up. And you are not being very "nice" to yourself, I might add. Why do you value him and what he wants more than you value yourself?

Old 09-09-2014, 04:02 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Dump him. He has no quality.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:02 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
This thread took an awesome turn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships