Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 08:53 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,433,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
No, you are right. It's just unfortunate that she cannot financially manage it, because it doesn't sound like he is abusive---an a-hole, maybe, but not abusive.

I was frustrated before but now I'm very sad for the OP.

I wonder, why not move back in with the family if possible? She's already got money going there to supposrt the family, and her mother could probably use the support as well.

I hope she keeps in contact with us.

Hell. I'd like to talk to the BF. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 08:55 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,865,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I wonder, why not move back in with the family if possible? She's already got money going there to supposrt the family, and her mother could probably use the support as well.

I hope she keeps in contact with us.

Hell. I'd like to talk to the BF. lol
She said her mom's abusive, due to alcoholism.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:58 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
OP, how does he react when you cry?

Like, if you watch a sad movie, something upsetting happens, he says or does something that really hurts your feelings, or a pet dies?

How does he react when those around him cry or display emotion, like at a wake or funeral?

How does he react in those situations, himself?

Old 09-21-2014, 09:47 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,138,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
OP, how does he react when you cry?

Like, if you watch a sad movie, something upsetting happens, he says or does something that really hurts your feelings, or a pet dies?

How does he react when those around him cry or display emotion, like at a wake or funeral?

How does he react in those situations, himself?
I dont cry much in front of him because normally hes not sympathetic except when it's about my mom... but then he just trashes her and says I deserve better. Other than that I cry alone or maybe in the bathroom when I do have to.

He doesn't cry. I have never seen him. When he gets upset or frustrated he just gets angry or sullen.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:49 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
I dont cry much in front of him because normally hes not sympathetic except when it's about my mom... but then he just trashes her and says I deserve better. Other than that I cry alone or maybe in the bathroom when I do have to.

He doesn't cry. I have never seen him. When he gets upset or frustrated he just gets angry or sullen.
How old are you both?

Old 09-21-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
She said her mom's abusive, due to alcoholism.
She used to not be but then drugs and alcohol changed her personality. she gets angry a lot or belligerent. that or she sleeps all day. She'll leave to hang out with friends that are a bad influence where she gets more drugs. She cant stay clean. shes a great mom but when shes sick... it's the worst. She has come at me before like a bull when she was drunk one time so it's hard for me to stay with her 24/7, even if I could. She has good and bad days. The kids are in school so thats been better. It was a pretty tough summer.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
How old are you both?
I'm 21 and hes 27

Old 09-21-2014, 10:01 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,919 times
You never answered -
Another suggestion I would make is pretend your good friend that you really care about and love just told you about her relationship with her boyfriend, and told you exactly the same things you have posted here. Ask yourself what your suggestion to her would be. Would you suggest she stay with a guy that treats her like that?

What would you tell a good friend who was in the same exact situation you are in?

Old 09-21-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
You never answered -
Another suggestion I would make is pretend your good friend that you really care about and love just told you about her relationship with her boyfriend, and told you exactly the same things you have posted here. Ask yourself what your suggestion to her would be. Would you suggest she stay with a guy that treats her like that?

What would you tell a good friend who was in the same exact situation you are in?
I'm not good at love advice AT ALL. I saw your question earlier an really thought about it but I dont know. :/

Old 09-21-2014, 10:23 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
I'm not good at love advice AT ALL. I saw your question earlier an really thought about it but I dont know. :/
Interesting. Most people would at least have an opinion. I doubt you would tell your friend to stay with a guy who she is not totally happy with, and who doesn't seem to care about her feelings.

If you're a serious poster with a real issue then I suggest you find a therapist to talk to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships