Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 03:01 PM

76 posts, read 127,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I'd go with "I can neither confirm nor deny that information" and hope for the best!
HA! You know that never works. LoL

Seriously though, I like the first response here. Turn it back around.
- Why do you ask?
- Why, do you think you look fat?

The alternatives are to tell the truth and deal with whatever her reaction may be, or lie and be a liar.

Truth be told, people know when they are fat. I'm fat, but I still look good. I have always, and will always, eat cake. I'm totally ok with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 09:35 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
This is is like when women say negative comments about themselves, for example:

"I will show you my ugly picture. Umh, I come out ugly but I'll show it to you"

What girl in her right mind would be showing ugly pictures of herself? Yeah right! So I just tell them "Well, you do come a bit ugly but its still a nice picture..." I've gotten some funny reactions to that. They can't tell me "How rude!" because they even said it themselves how it was an ugly picture .

If she's asking if she's fat, if she looks ugly, etc. She already knows the answer or she wouldn't be asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
Agree. Just say I like or love you just the way you are.

That's true or you won't be with her right?
That's right.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:52 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,972,153 times
Don't ever say "I like or love you the way you are". That line is for 20 years trying to get his mushroom tip wet. When you are at the age of 60 and have been rendered immobile due to muscular impairment, all types of health issues, you will be thinking about that conversation.

Women in their 20s don't really know anything about health and mental fitness. Once they hit their 30s, they start panicking. Stop living for today cause we are not getting any younger.

If you are 50 pounds heavier than we first met out of sheer laziness and you are perfectly capable of losing it, then you should be shot.

Put down the cherry coke and ice cream.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:00 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Don't ever say "I like or love you the way you are". That line is for 20 years trying to get his mushroom tip wet. When you are at the age of 60 and have been rendered immobile due to muscular impairment, all types of health issues, you will be thinking about that conversation.

Women in their 20s don't really know anything about health and mental fitness. Once they hit their 30s, they start panicking. Stop living for today cause we are not getting any younger.

If you are 50 pounds heavier than we first met out of sheer laziness and you are perfectly capable of losing it, then you should be shot.

Yes, overweight people should be murdered.

What the…???

Old 01-29-2015, 01:59 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aappoolloo View Post
...and she is.
How about "Are you kidding? You're hotter than flowing lava."

Just because you say it doesn't mean you have to go for it.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:37 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post

So you believe people who gain weight, even out of laziness deserve to die? You'd better hope there's never a law authorizing deadly force for ignorance. You wouldn't make it past the first wave of executions.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:35 PM

708 posts, read 824,213 times
Yes or no.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:52 AM

832 posts, read 1,418,305 times
I have a family member who is trying to teach his young teen son how to pick up women. The son got a girl to let him massage her back. After a couple moments he said something about back fat and naturally she got up in a huff.

So close, son... So close. His father told him, "You never talk about a girl's fat. You tell her she smells pretty."

We all still have a good laugh about it. But men sometimes should be pitied more for walking around the minefield of dating.

OP: I think who ever said something along the lines of, "You look good to me, want to take a walk together?" has the right idea. It's not just about being tactful for relationships sake. But also, it's no secret that dieting and exercise is a hard life style habit to change and to keep changed. Being a motivator in a non-judgmental way might just work wonders. And when you're feeling cruddy with a sore knee that has been lingering for 3 months resulting in a weight gain-pain cycle, she might be the one to motivate you to break it.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:02 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,982 times
Women generally know if they are fat. Just like we men tend to know what we "have" with certain things. But they and we still ask. If she's fat, she knows it, what she is more or less looking for is, is your reassurance that you are still into her.

This type of questioning can also be a trap in that no matter how you answer it, it's going to create drama. If she truly is fat, and not just a little overweight, how the heck do you answer it? You can use a politicians stance and answer it without really answering it, but she might still corner you. She will force you say what you really truly think and when you do, the drama will ensue. It's a lose, lose type question.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:00 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,972,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Yes, overweight people should be murdered.

What the…???
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
So you believe people who gain weight, even out of laziness deserve to die? You'd better hope there's never a law authorizing deadly force for ignorance. You wouldn't make it past the first wave of executions.
Of course I am not serious. It's an expression, a rather crass one but all in all, it means that if you don't care, nobody is going to help you and you might as well pack it in. Im a personal trainer so if you are with me, you are not going to be obese (BY CHOICE). You have no choice but to step it up. There are obviously ways to go about it and being tactful. But the wrong way is to keep status quo and relieve yourself of wrath. You would much rather them suffer from heart disease later on in life than risk being yelled at? Are they that weak of a person? Yes, because that is why we are where we are in America- 1/3 obese. If I can avoid telling you that you are fat, then can avoid tell you I am married. I see it one way, and you see it another but the end result is the same: avoidance of backlash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obesity is common, serious and costly. More than one-third (34.9% or 78.6 million) of U.S. adults are obese. [Read abstract Journal of American Medicine (JAMA)External Web Site Icon]

If a person asks if they are fat, and they truly are fat, the last thing to do is try attempt to prevent wrath. You are doing more harm than good. When they reach 60 and they are rendered immobile, you won't even be given them much thought as a friend or you will be too busy buying prescribed cholesterol medication.

People are lazy period look at the stats and it isn’t getting better. More importantly, most people don't care for you and are too weak to stand up for fear of hurting feelings. If you are overweight and have the capability to lose it, you don't need a towel handler. And if you are towel handler giving off caring towels to lazy folk, you need to have a good look at the world. And if you want to argue any of my points to include the obesity %, then you already know you are part of the stats. You are part of that 37%.

Ask your lady friend Jillian which I respect more than half of the world's trainers that have no clue what they are doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ug99BbhcF0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships