Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2015, 12:46 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,902,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm going to tell the next guy I go out with that I'm looking to get pregnant soon to see how he reacts.
That could be interesting. I told my boyfriend that and he kind of laughed. Then again he knew I wasn't being serious about it. When we did have a serious discussion it was different. But yeah when I was dating and met a man who wanted sex I should have said that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 12:46 PM

718 posts, read 616,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
What happens if you get them pregnant?
But what are you even saying? If he uses protection correctly, there is no reason for a pregnancy to occur. It's very difficult to get pregnant accidentally. By your "standards", people should not have sex until they're ready to raise a baby on the <1% chance that protection fails?

Kind of ridiculous.

Quote:

Good luck with that thinking and come out of the 50's.
I'm confused. Is waiting until you can raise a child, which could be very well past the typical age of marriage, because "BC might not work", any more modern?

Quote:
I've known people on birth control who have gotten pregnant.
I can guarantee you that I know more people who use BC and did not end up with a child. Including myself. If you use it correctly, the chances of a freak accident are slim to none.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:53 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,902,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
But what are you even saying? If he uses protection correctly, there is no reason for a pregnancy to occur. It's very difficult to get pregnant accidentally. By your "standards", people should not have sex until they're ready to raise a baby on the <1% chance that protection fails?

Kind of ridiculous.
Why is it ridiculous? We would have a better society without baby mamas and daddies.pregnancy can still occur.

Quote:
I'm confused. Is waiting until you can raise a child, which could be very well past typical age of marriage, because "BC might not work", any more modern?
No, waiting until one is ready to accept responsibilities is smart. If people waited we would have less disease, less regrets and less welfare babies.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:55 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,016,353 times
And less awesome sex. I'd be a 43 yo virgin. F that.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:58 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,627,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post

I can guarantee you that I know more people who use BC and did not end up with a child. Including myself. If you use it correctly, the chances of a freak accident are slim to none.
It seems like people have accidental pregnancies all the time. IUDs, birth control pills, and condoms do fail. If I were going to have sex with someone, we would need to be prepared for and accepting of a possible pregnancy.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:59 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,016,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
It seems like people have accidental pregnancies all the time.

Sorry, I don't think people have accidental pregnancies all the time, unless they consider not using protection (or both using protection) an "accident".

Old 03-02-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Why is it ridiculous? We would have a better society without baby mamas and daddies.pregnancy can still occur.
Because it's not practical to believe that people are going to stop having sex because birth control might fail. I have to drive a car to work every day. There is a chance, a much greater chance than the condom breaking, of me wrapping my car around a telephone poll. Am I going to stop driving my car? No way. I need to get to work!

Everything we do comes with risks. But I know, being a mature adult, that if I get behind the wheel, I'm not going to do it while I'm drunk. I'm not going to cruise down the freeway texting, either. I'm not going to put myself at greater risk for an accident. I know how to drive responsibly.

Do I need to come to terms with potential death every time I get behind the wheel? Am I prepared to die? Absolutely not. Of course I know the possibility of an accident is there, as it will always be with everyone, but I'm confident in my ability as a driver to be responsible and safe. There is no reason for me to be hyperventilating every time I get into a vehicle. And it doesn't mean I'm ready to die, either.

Likewise, with sex. I'm responsible enough to use protection and practice safe sex because I do not want to have children. Everybody is aware that with sex comes the possibility of pregnancy, with or without protection, but (like driving a car) we take that risk because if we do things correctly and responsibly there is no reason for that to occur.

Last edited by Ashleyga; 03-02-2015 at 01:14 PM..

Old 03-02-2015, 01:00 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,283,119 times
Oh this thread turned into a big fight filled with slutshaming and people arguing about the correct time to have sex.

I'm so surprised.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Sorry, I don't think people have accidental pregnancies all the time, unless they consider not using protection (or both using protection) an "accident".
Agreed.

I have yet to meet someone who always used protection the way it is supposed to be used and ended up pregnant.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:13 PM

468 posts, read 484,381 times
Talking and safe sex.

Prior to me came into the picture; my then boyfriend, now husband (in his younger days) he sure have quite some one night stands in his past. But he was smart enough to use a condom everytime. This is why he doesn't have any baby-mama. He said he doesn't want to pay for child support, and he doesnt' want STD/HIV. SMART guy indeed.

I hope all the guys out there would be smart like my husband. Guys need sex, girls need sex BUT at least remember to use protection, and practice safe sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships