Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2015, 07:28 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,373,565 times

Advertisements

If there is chemistry and attraction it almost always started and ended with kissing on the first date. That was a big deal to me. If he wasn't a great kisser then it was a no-go.

Sex usually happened by the third or fourth date, sometimes, like with my husband, date two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 07:51 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Agreed here. In addition, if you wanna wait for sex you are also branded as playing games, being manipulative, have daddy/mommy issues, or a believer in fairytales.

Back in older days waiting was respectful. Now, it's considered shameful and immature, and being a virgin past 18 is considered weird, late, frigid, and with essay and studies going around saying that being a virgin up to a certain point causes mental or physical damage. Then, if you're a man that doesn't want a woman that's slept around alot, you'll be called sexist and stuck up and accused of thinking women shouldn't be sexual or should be repressed.
I see nothing wrong with a man wanting someone less experienced assuming he as as well. My issue is when a guy wants a virgin or close to it but he's slept around.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:00 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Within the first hour of the first date..

Old 03-04-2015, 08:01 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I see nothing wrong with a man wanting someone less experienced assuming he as as well. My issue is when a guy wants a virgin or close to it but he's slept around.
I would agree. With something like that, best not to be hypocritical. But I mean guys who carry themselves in the same way. They don't sleep around, and they don't care for having a SO that has slept around. But having sex inside relationships I don't think is "sleeping around." Because chances are, both parties won't be virgins.

But it's a middle between total virgin who hasn't done anything, even gotten to 2nd base and completely promiscuous where they have different partners every week.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:05 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,478 times
Quote:
Same here. Some of us actually want to mutually share this unique one time experience with the woman we want to spend the rest of our lives with. Finding like minded women these days is hard, especially if they are in their 30's - 40's+, but I have met some. A prize to behold like finding a unicorn.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:20 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,478 times
Quote:
Agreed here. In addition, if you wanna wait for sex you are also branded as playing games, being manipulative, have daddy/mommy issues, or a believer in fairytales.

Back in older days waiting was respectful. Now, it's considered shameful and immature, and being a virgin past 18 is considered weird, late, frigid, and with essay and studies going around saying that being a virgin up to a certain point causes mental or physical damage. Then, if you're a man that doesn't want a woman that's slept around alot, you'll be called sexist and stuck up and accused of thinking women shouldn't be sexual or should be repressed.
I agree. There are still people, myself included, who value and respect those who wait instead of trying to pressure them into doing something many regret later when the right one finally shows up. The current popular propaganda is that “everybody†is supposedly doing it, when this is not true, and those that refrain are somehow flawed, which is also not true. Despite all the hype guys respect women that wait and are not “easy†especially when they meet someone special enough to marry.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
I would agree. With something like that, best not to be hypocritical. But I mean guys who carry themselves in the same way. They don't sleep around, and they don't care for having a SO that has slept around. But having sex inside relationships I don't think is "sleeping around." Because chances are, both parties won't be virgins.

But it's a middle between total virgin who hasn't done anything, even gotten to 2nd base and completely promiscuous where they have different partners every week.
I would agree. I was just thinking of some posts we see here where a guy wants a virgin but he's nowherer near that because to him men don't have to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Same here. Some of us actually want to mutually share this unique one time experience with the woman we want to spend the rest of our lives with. Finding like minded women these days is hard, especially if they are in their 30's - 40's+, but I have met some. A prize to behold like finding a unicorn.
Not to put you on the spot but are you an older virgin? I respect older virgins. I prefer them over someone with more experience. I'm not a virgin but wish I was and had saved it for my husband. I haven't had sex in almost 20 years and won't have it until marriage.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:31 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,443,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Just 30 years ago very few would question the moral standards regarding pre marital sexual relations. Now everything is up for question, and anything goes. Something else that would not have happened even 20 years ago is the shear number of people who question the existence of God.
Really?

Really????

Where on earth were you living in 1985 and 1995?

Old 03-04-2015, 11:21 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Really?

Really????

Where on earth were you living in 1985 and 1995?
The internet has allowed the big city lifestyle to bleed into suburban and rural America. While some people think everyone has been open about sex for 40 years, the truth is the majority of Americans are getting familiarized with sex being an open topic in the last 20.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:33 PM

914 posts, read 766,462 times
Quote:
I would agree. I was just thinking of some posts we see here where a guy wants a virgin but he's nowherer near that because to him men don't have to be.

Not to put you on the spot but are you an older virgin? I respect older virgins. I prefer them over someone with more experience. I'm not a virgin but wish I was and had saved it for my husband. [I]I haven't had sex in almost 20 years and won't have it until marriage.
[/i]

I respect and wish you all the best in this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships