Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2015, 03:12 PM

17,646 posts, read 22,691,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Yes, it is. I agree with you.

And so is food, but it's important to be conscientious about what kind of food we consume, as well. Eating is about more than basic sustenance; it's one of the great joys of life, and quality ingredients and careful preparation matter. I'm very selective about who I have sex with, as I am about the food I eat.

"Slow" food trumps fast food. It's far more enjoyable and satisfying.
IN -N- Out Burgers are pretty good.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 03:14 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,214,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
I think sex should be an expression of love and intimacy between two or more people who love each other and care about other, and I don't see how that is established after having met someone a couple times with no contact in between.

I know that to explain who I am and what my history is and how I feel about things and how I experience life would take a lot more than 2 or 3 dates.
Desire for sex is biologically encoded in human beings though. So, I mean, they're going to get it from somewhere. Would you be comfortable with all that while you're potentially taking years just to be their friends before any benefits? And with that, you're also at risk of losing them to someone else.

I don't think relationships have to be built on sex. But it can be an important part of any relationship, whether it's the beginning, middle, or end.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:18 PM

11,820 posts, read 12,070,293 times
If only some people put even half as much thought into every other type of compatibility needed for a good relationship, beyond sexual compatibility...

Old 03-04-2015, 03:20 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,860,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk j View Post
in -n- out burgers are pretty good.....

Well, now. I'll have to try me one of those...

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 03-04-2015 at 03:39 PM..

Old 03-04-2015, 03:23 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,214,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

Well now, I'll have to try me one of those...
Better visit CA, NV, or AZ, because that's as far as their distribution extends.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:27 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,619,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
Ive seen this discussed on so many forums. kinda surprised to not see a thread here in the first 3 pages or so.

Not that there is a cold hard fast timeline, and yes some situations are different...byt how long do you wait before you realize it aint gonna happen,a nd either enter friend zone or move on?

For me, it was 3 dates. If the girl wasn't willing to kiss me good night, I took that as an indicator and I was done after first date. But by the 3rd date, if hanky panky wasn't happening I was done.

What about you???
Anywhere from one to one hundred and one everyone has there own comfort level for intimate encounters.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:25 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,251,193 times
Nah. The only difference between 30 years ago, heck even 70 years ago, is that premarital sex was less socially acceptable. It still happened. A lot. But it was kept quiet. Which is worse: people having sex (often times unprotected because of the stigma of purchasing contraceptives)... or people having sex and being honest about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Just 30 years ago very few would question the moral standards regarding pre marital sexual relations. Now everything is up for question, and anything goes. Something else that would not have happened even 20 years ago is the shear number of people who question the existence of God. I really cannot stand the 21rst century or its values. Clearly the millennial generation has embraced a whole new set of values that I just don't get and all I am doing is offending people like you. That is not what I am trying to do and it seems counterproductive so Ill just let it go. Have a nice day.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:06 PM

914 posts, read 767,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Nah. The only difference between 30 years ago, heck even 70 years ago, is that premarital sex was less socially acceptable. It still happened. A lot. But it was kept quiet. Which is worse: people having sex (often times unprotected because of the stigma of purchasing contraceptives)... or people having sex and being honest about it?
^^ All this. Lol some people must think premarital sex and 'hanky panky' are something unique to this generation. It always happened, now people just aren't getting pregnant and rushing into marriage because of unplanned pregnancies.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:10 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,080,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Desire for sex is biologically encoded in human beings though. So, I mean, they're going to get it from somewhere. Would you be comfortable with all that while you're potentially taking years just to be their friends before any benefits? And with that, you're also at risk of losing them to someone else.
Well, I can get sex from myself though. What I need from other people is companionship, support, intimacy, etc. And unfortunately I have never had that.

But yes the only way I would feel comfortable is if I knew them in a platonic context for months or years first. I'm interested in exotic activities but I want to do them with someone in a meaningful context. It's hard because I am not good at parties/social gatherings since I am shy. That did improve with the experiment for which I volunteered at Stanford University. I don't know, right now my social exposure is limited for the practical reasons I always identify: insufficient job, no car/don't know how to drive, renting a living room.

My hours just got cut back at work, too. Not because of something I did but because the client's requirements have changed. I need to find something better. There are many negative things in my life right now so it can be hard to stay positive but I do try.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:42 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,251,193 times
Yep. At my old job, my co-workers were a good 25-30 years older than me, and they used to tell me how so many of their generation and their parents' generation had 8lb "preemies". Meaning, they rushed to the alter and fudged the due date to match the time frame of a honeymoon baby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
^^ All this. Lol some people must think premarital sex and 'hanky panky' are something unique to this generation. It always happened, now people just aren't getting pregnant and rushing into marriage because of unplanned pregnancies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships