Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 10:03 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,120,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I guess we must have lived in two different countries in two different planes of existence. If you think hippie values were in mainstreet Indiana or Alabama in 1985 then I don't know what to say. I guess if you lived in a big city east coast/west coast kinda place there may have been a totally different experience. I have spent my entire life either living in the Midwest or South. That may color my view, just like living in New York City would color ones view toward the left. The big difference in my opinion between today and back then is the fact that a more liberal view of sex is now common no matter where you live, and its mostly visible in the youngest generation.

I lived in Kentucky, Indiana (Fort Wayne and Evansville), Wisconsin, Illinois, California, Vermont, Massachusetts. The majority in Wisconsin and Massachusetts. The attitudes aren't any different, in reality... other than the people from rural Wisconsin definitely started sexual activity younger than suburbs of Massachusetts. That was crystal clear. Probably because there was less to do. They also started drinking earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I've lived my whole life in the midwest too, and not in any big cities. I think you probably just had your head in the sand or lived in an extremely conservative area where no one talked about what was actually happening behind closed doors.

This. The women I met that grew up in evangelical and free baptist churches were often the wildest, in reality, and started the youngest. It was just on the DL more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 10:14 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,669,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
A woman really has to ask herself how she would feel if she gives in to the man to avoid "losing him" (if it was true love, how could you lose him over lack of sex? ijs) only later to find out that he:

Had other sex partners besides her she kept secret, or:

They marry and he has an affair anyway.

All I'm trying to say is, to be pressured in to sex at the risk of losing the love and desire of the man you are in love with....that is tantamount to emotional blackmail.
The solution is to have sex only if you want to have sex. Not to please someone else, avoid losing them, or any other reason you can think of.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:15 AM

366 posts, read 412,508 times
I don't think it's always been normal for a woman in her mid 20s to have had 10-20+ different sex partners.

I also don't think one time hook ups were as common.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:17 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,120,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
I don't think it's always been normal for a woman in her mid 20s to have had 10-20+ different sex partners.

They were far more common in the 1970s and even the 1990s. The 1980s AIDS scare curtailed things for a bit.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:18 AM

14,830 posts, read 12,101,509 times
About 20 minutes.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:00 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,262,801 times
Duck out to the car in between the appetizer and the entree
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
About 20 minutes.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:31 PM

9,491 posts, read 10,858,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post

Your not gonna win this one here, Ive said similar things and have been dismissed. You must have lived through the same 70s and 80s I did, not the ones these other posters experienced. In my humble opinion people are WAY more sexually permissive and free spirited today then they were back then. Today there is no right and wrong, just shades of grey. Just read the posts in this thread as evidence of what I say, anyone who speaks of moral standards or their religious views regarding sex is backward, deluded and outdated.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:34 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,416,702 times
I have yet to figure out why anyone bothers to take the time to date at all.
Just have sex when you meet then decide if you want to continue to meet and have sex and stay together long term.
No need to get to know anyone at all since sex appears to be the absolute most important part of many alleged relationships for people on this forum.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:08 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,642,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I would agree. I was just thinking of some posts we see here where a guy wants a virgin but he's nowherer near that because to him men don't have to be.
That is hypocritical and guys like that deserve likewise "experienced" women who have slept around as much as they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Not to put you on the spot but are you an older virgin? I respect older virgins. I prefer them over someone with more experience. I'm not a virgin but wish I was and had saved it for my husband. I haven't had sex in almost 20 years and won't have it until marriage.
You could say that. Guys value and respect women like you for long term committed relationships that lead to marriage. “Easy” women have never been considered anything long term and certainly not marriage material.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:13 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,085,877 times
I'm a virgin and I would want an experienced woman. I'm interested in exotic things and I would want her to have experience with them. I would also want to hear of her past adventures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships