Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 03:01 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,739,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
I know I'm in the minority, but I don't put out until a serious relationship. And I mean like, you're thinking of proposing serious.

Sex makes babies and I will not even risk a pregnancy with someone I can't see a future with.

Good on you. I guess that means I won't see you as the Sad Girl OP in one of these CD threads entitled,

"I Can't Believe He Bailed On Me After I Gave Him The Sex He Wanted"

or,

"I Slept With Him...Why Doesn't He Want Me Now?"

Last edited by laorbust61; 02-27-2015 at 03:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 03:03 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,081,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Where does this ["this" meaning"love and intimacy]^^^
fall on this list????

I don't see where love and intimacy develops. I know it ain't #4.
Between 3 and 4. As I've explained several times, to me, FWB means "close intimate friends who sleep together from time because they want to express that they feel more than just platonic friendship".

I can see how this would be problematic if you are interpreting FWB as "people who have casual sex without having any contact with each other apart from that", but that is not what I meant by FWB.

To me FWB is a natural evolution between people who are sexually attracted to each other and feel very close in terms of their friendship. This sort of relationship was demonstrated in one of my favorite movies, Princess Bride. Wesley and Buttercup don't go out, they just slowly realize after being friends for months/years that they have feelings for each other, and they kiss. That's how I would want it to happen. To me that is romantic.

This other stuff...I don't see the romance in it. [sarcasm]"Oh yeah, I've spent an hour with you two or three times, with at least a week in between each meeting. I totally know you enough that sex between us would not be casual." [/sarcasm]

But each to their own I guess.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:07 PM

339 posts, read 335,312 times
Is it true you girls only wear your best and sexiest panties on the nights when ya think you might be getting lucky? And then the rest of the just wear grannies or old grungy ones?

Old 02-27-2015, 03:07 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,081,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
I know I'm in the minority, but I don't put out until a serious relationship. And I mean like, you're thinking of proposing serious.
I wouldn't go that far, if only because I no longer wish to get married because I have decided that I do not want biological children.

There could be exceptions to the children issue; I would donate sperm to a lesbian couple.

Once the practical issues preventing me from being in a relationship right now are resolved, in theory I would willing to be in a relationship with someone who has a child if she felt I would make a good father. I definitely could not be a parent right now though.

Quote:
Sex makes babies and I will not even risk a pregnancy with someone I can't see a future with.
You can have a future without marriage and you can have sex without significant risk of pregnancy. Condoms are 97% effective, and 99% effective if you use two layers of them.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:44 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,729,601 times
Case by case basis. I always wait at least ten to fifteen minutes though.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:46 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,729,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Vogel View Post
Is it true you girls only wear your best and sexiest panties on the nights when ya think you might be getting lucky? And then the rest of the just wear grannies or old grungy ones?

100 percent true, but, for me I may get lucky at the grocery store, post office, coffee shop, etc, so I end up wearing my best undies at all times.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:49 PM

38 posts, read 35,469 times
Normally, I try to initiate it first after the 3rd date. If I don't get it after the 5th date, then I ask her where we stand. If you want something sometimes you just have to ask.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:56 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,279,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Vogel View Post
Yep. And shave our legs too.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:00 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,660,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
100 percent true, but, for me I may get lucky at the grocery store, post office, coffee shop, etc, so I end up wearing my best undies at all times.
Exactly. A girl can't be too careless when it comes to the selection of undiepants.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:16 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,292,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
If you had an 18-yo daughter, how many dates would you expect her to go on before she would allow hanky-pankying done to her?
This is why I got a vasectomy.....I knew that the way I lived my life back then, would pay me back with three daughters! With boys, all I'd have to worry about is 1 D in town. With girls you have to worry about all of them

As for the OP, IME when it came to dates and "HP", if I met these women irl, it would take more dates. It seemed that all the women I met using OLD took less time. Honestly, most that I met using OLD did it on the first time we met. I think it has to do with the online courtship. When I am interested in someone online, you have to be pretty interesting. It's too easy to ignore someone, so you have to be able to "dazzle" them with conversation. Because it's important for safety reasons, you may find yourself investing a lot of energy throughout this courtship. Women love to be mentally stimulated, intellectually and sexually. If you can hit that double out of the park, you are in! By the time you meet her for the first time, I think it's just a matter of being who you said you were. If you were honest with your presentation, I found that women were very willing to get intimate, the first night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships