Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 07:28 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,178,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
and now a days more than ever, men too are now questioning the incentives to be married, and even having children. why? because it's not the sweet all-the-love-you-can-get fairy tale relationship it's promoted as. google "men going their own way" for more...
Oh god, more of this crap. Everything about this stupidity (MGTOW) and PUA, MRA, and status, and relationships being an economic transaction should be banned from this forum just so the quality of the discourse is raised.

I swear, I doubt 5% of people in this country have heard of any of this fringe loser tin foil hat crap.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:31 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,782,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh god, more of this crap. Everything about this stupidity (MGTOW) and PUA, MRA, and status, and relationships being an economic transaction should be banned from this forum just so the quality of the discourse is raised.

I swear, I doubt 5% of people in this country have heard of any of this fringe loser tin foil hat crap.
Someone had to say it

Old 03-10-2015, 07:37 PM

914 posts, read 769,689 times
Quote:

Right? Do every one of these blasted threads have to devolve into bashing and agenda pushing?

Old 03-10-2015, 07:41 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,782,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
Right? Do every one of these blasted threads have to devolve into bashing and agenda pushing?
There's always the vile little negative Nancy's with a giant chip on their shoulder, lurking, ready to infiltrate threads with their women hating agenda. It's a small minority though and they get weeded out eventually.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:43 PM

252 posts, read 351,015 times
Quote:

Generally, the men who feel this way are the disenfranchised ones. That said, there is something to be said about the economic side of marriage. If you make a lot of money, you have a lot to lose when the marriage falls apart. It pays to be careful.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:49 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,178,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
There's always the vile little negative Nancy's with a giant chip on their shoulder, lurking, ready to infiltrate threads with their women hating agenda. It's a small minority though and they get weeded out eventually.
They come back with new names. We had several today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresTheBeef View Post
Generally, the men who feel this way are the disenfranchised ones. That said, there is something to be said about the economic side of marriage. If you make a lot of money, you have a lot to lose when the marriage falls apart. It pays to be careful.
Only if you don't marry a peer. Almost everyone does. The ones that don't are the same stupid dopes that claim they don't care what a woman does for a living or if she's educated, just if she is feminine and good looking.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:02 PM

8,925 posts, read 7,770,664 times
Quote:

I imagine those types of attitudes are born from entitlement, bitterness, desperation, and loneliness.

I wish some folks would chill the **** out and stop acting like not getting someone is the end of the world. It must be some sort of illness of the mind if this is truly how they think when it comes to relationships and romance.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:04 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,446,326 times
I would think that, in this day and age, she is probably really, really smart.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:18 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,885,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
4) "I have guys that like me, but it's never anyone I can see myself with..."
That's the worst, where millions of women really fail. I know women who follow their desire and end up with the worst kind of guys. Again and again. There is something in women that draws them to liars, abusers, cheaters, alcoholics or plain crazy individuals. Again and again. Women will marry criminals on death row, or someone serving life in prison, when the next door guy is available. Check really well why "you cant see yourself" with any approachable guys. They are there, just pick them up.
Good Luck!
Sounds like you hang with a rough crowd, bro. I don't know any women like that.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:29 PM

102,384 posts, read 108,714,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Lets forget the common thinking and try to look differently at these things. Can you answer these questions honestly to yourself?

1) Why should everybody get married? Where is it written? Who says so? (Considering you live in 2015 and not 1015).
She never said everyone should get married. She's saying she wants to, and everyone among her friends and relatives her age has married.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1;
. 2) If you want, you can have kids without getting married, like millions of other people.
An almost sure road to poverty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1;
3) "I'm scared to death I will have no children and die alone".... Even people with children die alone. Its more about how you live than how you die.
4) "I have guys that like me, but it's never anyone I can see myself with..."
That's the worst, where millions of women really fail. I know women who follow their desire and end up with the worst kind of guys. Again and again. There is something in women that draws them to liars, abusers, cheaters, alcoholics or plain crazy individuals. Again and again. Women will marry criminals on death row, or someone serving life in prison, when the next door guy is available. Check really well why "you cant see yourself" with any approachable guys. They are there, just pick them up.
Good Luck!
And guys don't go chasing after the hotties, only to end up divorced, because the wife cheated, or took them to the cleaners in divorce, or was too high-maintenance, or was verbally or emotionally abusive, or was lazy? Then the guys either make the same mistake again, or slink back to the average but kind and sensible women he passed up when he was young, to see if he can talk one of them into giving him a chance.

Most women go for good guys, not abusers, cheaters, alcoholics, or ex-cons. No one intentionally goes for liars, but some find out later their guy's a liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships