Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 02:48 PM

783 posts, read 851,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle33 View Post
Just want to get honest opinions..I'll probably regret this question later..I'm 33 and never married. I came close to getting engaged once. I really want to be married as I look at everyone I grew up with, my siblings, and people my age now all married. I have to ask why I'm not? I have my own place, graduated college, no debt, in excellent shape, attractive (but not the prettiest-pic in profile), and personable and sweet personality. I lack a lot of confidence especially now..I have guys that like me, but it's never anyone I can see myself with. I was dating someone about 6 months and he was really into me the first few months then lost interest and kinda disappeared. It hurts to know that I've reached my peak in what I have to offer yet it's still not good enough..I'm scared to death I will have no children and die alone..like a failure at life for not completing the most biological life cycle..it's not a failure if you don't have children, but if you want them with your hearts desire and only in a marriage relationship and can't seem to that is where the feelings of fail come in..How can you feel good about yourself when your the last one..It's like that feeling in elementary school when your last one picked for the kickball team..My question is if I think this about myself is that what others think when they look at me? that nobody wants me?
Saw your picture and WOW.... I would definitely date you. Without knowing your personality you seem like a catch to me. Seeing a woman like you I would actually think that you are already married or have a BF. It is as much a mystery to me as it is to you why you are single.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:26 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,640,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Saw your picture and WOW.... I would definitely date you. Without knowing your personality you seem like a catch to me. Seeing a woman like you I would actually think that you are already married or have a BF. It is as much a mystery to me as it is to you why you are single.
I just saw it too and I have no idea why she thinks that she is unattractive. She is very desirable.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:34 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,127,442 times
I think it's the norm today to marry in your 30's & 40's. My nephew just married for the first time at age 37 and she's a blessing to our family.

They say that good things come to those who wait. It's just hasn't been your time yet.

Good luck!

Old 03-09-2015, 03:41 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,142,446 times
Quote:
Just want to get honest opinions..I'll probably regret this question later..I'm 33 and never married. I came close to getting engaged once. I really want to be married as I look at everyone I grew up with, my siblings, and people my age now all married. I have to ask why I'm not? I have my own place, graduated college, no debt, in excellent shape, attractive (but not the prettiest-pic in profile), and personable and sweet personality. I lack a lot of confidence especially now..I have guys that like me, but it's never anyone I can see myself with. I was dating someone about 6 months and he was really into me the first few months then lost interest and kinda disappeared. It hurts to know that I've reached my peak in what I have to offer yet it's still not good enough..I'm scared to death I will have no children and die alone..like a failure at life for not completing the most biological life cycle..it's not a failure if you don't have children, but if you want them with your hearts desire and only in a marriage relationship and can't seem to that is where the feelings of fail come in..How can you feel good about yourself when your the last one..It's like that feeling in elementary school when your last one picked for the kickball team..My question is if I think this about myself is that what others think when they look at me? that nobody wants me?
There you go.

for the record I'm a 32 year old male (never married) could have if I wanted to, but I don't have that "clock is ticking" drive that women have. (I may, I may not, I'm ambivalent about it)

That said, I've seen it often, it's the old story about the oh so picky woman who wakes up one day to discover she has aged herself out o f what she wants through being too picky.

I'm sorry.

Good news: you still have a little time.

Bad news: you can compromise, or give up on "your dream" (or perhaps win the lotto.... Don't hold your breath)

Good luck.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:48 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,292,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
I just saw it too and I have no idea why she thinks that she is unattractive. She is very desirable.
Because it's very common for women who guys here deem as being 9's and 10's look in the mirror and see someone of far lesser value....that's why it's a joke whenever I read guys who say women are in the drivers seat....what a crock. You really have to be in your own world not to see that women spend all that time to look good, spend all that money for the hair, clothes and makeup...because society makes them think that they can always be better. Whereas guys toss on dirty jeans, a beat t shirt, and cap, and they are good to go...come on that pictures tells it all.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:52 PM

378 posts, read 442,484 times
Default Attracted to wrong men?

Quote:
Based on your picture, you are a super hottie.

What kind of men are you looking for? You might be attracted to wrong men (who have commitment issues).

Old 03-09-2015, 05:06 PM

914 posts, read 767,808 times
Just checked out your pic Op, you're a babe! Just keep living your life to the fullest, and push those negative thoughts out of your head. You're going to find a good guy when the time is right, no more worryin'.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:17 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,418,757 times
i suppose that for some woman it would be devastating and depressing giving it is a lifelong dream/fantasy and one of the critical validation points (ultimate plateau) in their life

but to all others going about life NOONE CARES. i cant imagine that people actively *think" about why xyz woman is 30-something and not married

the only possible reason i can see a guy even wondering is if he is interested in her but hell some women will catch an attitude if you inquire about their marital status

Old 03-09-2015, 05:36 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,692,323 times
Quote:
Honestly, without picking on one poster, just using this as an example, this sort of thing probably doesn't really help.

The OP sounds as if she has serious insecurities about whether or not she's able to attract a long-term partner, and that has to do with a lot more than just looks. The OP has posted a picture, and it's plain to anybody who clicks on it that she's not a hideous troll. It's possible that she's not well-aware of this, but I would hope that the OP is well-aware that she is not a hideous troll. Some people genuinely do not see the image the rest of the world sees when they look in the mirror. It is a result of a kind of disordered thinking, the same kind that affects people with conditions such as anorexia nervosa. I'm going to assume that the OP is not one of the people who suffers from this condition. At any rate, though, being pretty, regardless of what people think, isn't, in and of itself, going to be the thing that gets you lasting, quality, healthy relationships. Will it get people's attention? Of course. But that's not what the OP is looking for. Looks help. Not having an attractive physical appearance will certainly hinder, as it will exclude many who will not look any deeper if they aren't impressed by the way the package is wrapped. But looks alone aren't going to get what the OP wants.

There are a lot of reasons why some people who possess physical attributes widely considered to be attractive aren't in the relationships they may want to be in. Chief among them is attitude. I don't know without spending time with the OP how her attitude comes off. But I do know that, at least online, it comes off as (again, not trying to go out of my way to be harsh, just describing what I see) insecure, and rather panicked and desperate. There is more than one post by her where she comes off as exceptionally worried that there is something wrong with her, that others must think there is something wrong with her, that she has failed to reach various preordained benchmarks in the preordained time, and how that reflects upon her. The prettiest person in the world comes off as less appealing if that person oozes insecurity, appears needy or clingy, or desperate to be loved, and on a very stringent time frame. The OP also has come off, in past posts, as somewhat sheltered, which probably also accounts for a lot. We also have no idea of the sort of men that the OP sets her sights on, which may also be a contributing factor to the problem.

But, regardless, "Hey, you're super pretty!" doesn't get you lasting, quality, deep relationships, at least not on its own. It'll get you attention. It'll get you dates. It'll get you guys looking at your picture on a public forum and validating your appearance. But it's not going to get you a solid marriage with a compatible person and a family. Those things take more than just the happenstance of being pretty.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:41 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
See what we mean, OP? To some extent your problem is that men think you're already paired up. Which is ridiculous, but that seems to be how some mens' minds work. Who knew, before C-D? The things you learn around here....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.