Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 11:52 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,139,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Easy man. Maybe they will work out the rough edges. Give them a chance
Did you read the other thread? Not a chance... Dude...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 11:53 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Tell your mom and see what she has to say about it.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:27 AM

599 posts, read 693,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalballmagic View Post
He knew I wasn't on birth control, and I know he isn't going to leave.
So no condom was used? You let him bust his nuts in you..a former Fwb..no bueno. Were you planning on getting pregnant? Do you even know the cost and huge responsibility of having a child in this world? Are you prepared for all of that.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:52 AM

599 posts, read 693,530 times
Do you even have a job?? And you were thinking of moving far away from the baby daddy. Not smart. How will you provide for your child? And don't say foodstamps or wic

Old 03-29-2015, 07:10 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,166,650 times
So, you made a baby with a man you aren't even sure you'll spend your life with. Your little baby is paying for your mistakes.

Your responsibility/choices as a mother:
*If you plan on marrying/being with the father, tell him now. If you are going to live a life in the same town or even with him, he needs to know. You guys need to commit (legally) to raising the baby, together. You have signed the 18 year contract here. Barring extreme circumstances, neither you nor baby daddy have any right to separate geographically so you can best raise baby together. Live in the same town, down the street, if possible. Daddy will have his baby many days a week after school and you will parent, TOGETHER. If Daddy (or you) aren't capable of parenting together, choice 2.
*If you plan on skipping town and not allowing the father to have any involvement in this childs life, I honestly wouldn't tell him. You can't tell a man about his child and move away (I saw something in here about you moving?). If you do this, do yourself a favor and don't shack up with a boyfriend, sleep around or bring men home as the baby grows up that aren't going to marry you and adopt the child. Be prepared to raise this baby yourself and do whatever it takes.
*Getting an abortion
*Adoption (give your baby to a family who is ready to care for one)

The first two choices and adoption are relevant as you plan on keeping this baby. You need to seriously think about your future choices with this baby. If you are going to keep it, please do it right. No going back and forth with baby daddy, either. You guys need to "POOP" or get off the pot.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:30 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestOfTruth View Post
So what happened to the 10+ forms of contraceptive available to you...

Edit: Please disregard this comment, I just realised you used the pregnancy to trap the fwb. He is a fool for not protecting himself and you are dishonorable for bringing a kid into the world to trap a guy. Stuff like this makes me so glad I will never be in that position.
She's not "trapping" him. He knew they weren't using any form of birth control and yet was still a full participant. That's on both of them.

For the record, I think the OP is severely misguided. Raising a child takes a lot of time, energy and money. It can be pretty damn stressful as well. I'm not talking the cute/cuddly baby stuff...that's the easy part. Wait until they are preteens/teens.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:25 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
Did you tell him yet? Just say "welp, bf.... we're expecting." And put a picture of two baby booties on his facebook page if he's alright with expecting with you so everyone can know he yo' baby daaaaaadddy. He is the farver, he iiiis the farver.

Did you sign up for the parenting and money budgeting classes yet?

Old 03-29-2015, 08:28 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
I can't wait for the day I learn that I'm expecting a babby! But I want mine conceived in love and trust and security, so we can be excited about it.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:52 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalballmagic View Post
I had told him that I thought I could be pregnant after all the unprotected sex, and he wasn't that freaked out. He was just like we will deal with it if it happens
When you are in a FWB situation "deal with it" is code for "get you an abortion."

Even IF you're in a BF/GF relationship now, that doesn't mean dude is eager to be playing daddy.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:10 AM

368 posts, read 577,651 times
If he wants to be with you he'll stick around whether you tell if now or 3 weeks from now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships