Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 11:20 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalballmagic View Post
I guess I should just get it over with. I'm a shy person so I'm just not sure how to tell him exactly.
You hesitate to tell him because you're a shy person? Come on, this isn't a case where you have piles or anything like that, you're pregnant with his baby. The way you handle the whole process just sounds shady.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 11:32 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalballmagic View Post
I guess I should just get it over with. I'm a shy person so I'm just not sure how to tell him exactly.
You're not so shy that you didn't have unprotected sex with him, so nut up and tell him.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:52 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,338 times
He deserves as much time to prepare for such a huge change in his life as you do. Tell him now.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:54 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
If I was in his shoes...I would want to know the instant you knew! But I like and want children. He may not.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:09 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,552,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
Did you read the other thread? Not a chance... Dude...
Lol. I'll go find that link

Old 03-29-2015, 12:28 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
If he wants to be with you he'll stick around whether you tell if now or 3 weeks from now.
Absolutely. Which is why I think OP is hemming and hawing. She's not so sure he'll stick around.

My money is on him bolting, btw.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:32 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
You hesitate to tell him because you're a shy person? Come on, this isn't a case where you have piles or anything like that, you're pregnant with his baby. The way you handle the whole process just sounds shady.
Let me break it down for you:

1) Has FWB. Knows he doesn't want a relationship, but she likes him so she has unprotected sex with him hoping he'll someday like her as more than a FWB.

2) Comes on here and tells us all she might be pregnant. Refuses to consider abortion (totally her right). This happens almost immediately after she's here posting about wanting this FWB situation to be more. Sounds shady already, no?

3) She's gone from this section for a couple weeks. Comes back and is 6 weeks pregnant. Only now, she and FWB are "more" (whatever that means is anyone's guess). And she's shy so she's afraid to tell him only she's sure he won't leave.

Her indicator that all will be well is that he said they'd "deal with it" if she got pregnant.

If that's not code for "get you to the clinic" I dunno what is.

My prediction is that she tells him and he offers to pay for the abortion and she is wondering if she should just keep it to herself and hope he gets attached enough to her that when she DOES tell him, he'll want to stay with her and play house.

But... this is just an educated guess.

Old 03-29-2015, 02:19 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Let me break it down for you:

1) Has FWB. Knows he doesn't want a relationship, but she likes him so she has unprotected sex with him hoping he'll someday like her as more than a FWB.

2) Comes on here and tells us all she might be pregnant. Refuses to consider abortion (totally her right). This happens almost immediately after she's here posting about wanting this FWB situation to be more. Sounds shady already, no?

3) She's gone from this section for a couple weeks. Comes back and is 6 weeks pregnant. Only now, she and FWB are "more" (whatever that means is anyone's guess). And she's shy so she's afraid to tell him only she's sure he won't leave.

Her indicator that all will be well is that he said they'd "deal with it" if she got pregnant.

If that's not code for "get you to the clinic" I dunno what is.

My prediction is that she tells him and he offers to pay for the abortion and she is wondering if she should just keep it to herself and hope he gets attached enough to her that when she DOES tell him, he'll want to stay with her and play house.

But... this is just an educated guess.
Pretty spot on.

Old 03-29-2015, 02:28 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
Tell him. Then live happily ever after!!

Old 03-29-2015, 03:09 PM

650 posts, read 868,461 times
Told him. He didn't leave.

So thank you for the positive comments! He also wants to keep the baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships