Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 12:35 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
But, if you have one of those faces that only a mother could love, I don't see how long hair is going to do you any good. But, on the other hand, if you are very good looking or just naturally pretty, I cant see how short hair is going to make you ugly if done right.
Long hair won't make a fugly person beautiful, but it can help a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 12:36 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Yup. I went in with hopes of looking like my girl crush (Pink), but came out looking like a Congressman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I think a lot of us who don't think it suits our faces may know it doesn't because we've tried it. I know I have.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:38 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Different hair lengths are more complimentary/less complimentary to various face shapes, features, hair textures, etc.

A pretty woman is going to be pretty regardless of hair length or style, but that doesn't mean certain styles and lengths aren't more flattering than others.
I understand that fully, I was just saying. I used to love long hair exclusively, but things changes as you get older, or at least in my case. At 54 now, it really doesn't matter as long as it looks good to me long or short.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:38 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I know a lot of guys that don't like short hair. I know men that also don't like women with natural hair or kinky hair. I also know men who don't like women in extensions, etc. It's all about preferences. I've been told that I could pull off a shorter hairdo but I feel like longer hair frames my face well. On the flipside if my hair is too long it tends to make me look younger and since I already have a young looking face that isn't what I'm going for. So I settle with mid-length or what many might refer to as a long hair bob.
Yeah....I get kind of nervous about the whole natural thing. I've been natural for 4 years...and I plan to stay natural permenantly. I have gotten a lot of compliments from men and women but I do get the feeling a lot of people don't find it attractive. Guys always talk about running their fingers through a woman's hair. Can't really do that with mine because it's very kinky/coily.

Blahhhh oh well lol.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:40 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Grass is always greener. Women with very fine, straight hair often bemoan its lack of body.

You will never please everyone with your hairstyle, and there is no point trying, because what really matters is if YOU like how you look.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:45 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,717,813 times
Though I'm loath to carp on such a matter of personal taste, if asked I'd prefer the longest hair possible, braided into three-strands, and pinned into a bun behind the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
I find it really odd that men have this fixation on a woman's hair while their own hair can be any way they want it. Brush cuts, bald, greasy long hair, or even a Mohawk is okay for them but the little lady has to have long luxurious locks untouched by scissors. Talk about a double standard.
This is perhaps unfair, but by my reckoning not odd, save in the extent, but not in kind. While things like height-weight proportionality, posture and general fitness apply regardless of gender, is it unreasonable stretch to levy greater demands of grooming and fashion onto women, than onto men?

Old 04-01-2015, 12:49 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Yeah....I get kind of nervous about the whole natural thing. I've been natural for 4 years...and I plan to stay natural permenantly. I have gotten a lot of compliments from men and women but I do get the feeling a lot of people don't find it attractive. Guys always talk about running their fingers through a woman's hair. Can't really do that with mine because it's very kinky/coily.

Blahhhh oh well lol.
It's whatever makes you happy and feeling good about yourself.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:51 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,994,516 times
Short hair is a PITA. Been there, done it, not going to do it again.

Nothing is more simple.... and cheaper to maintain...than a pony tail.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:06 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,209,247 times
I prefer long hair. I like something to hold on to while im doin the dirty.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:26 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
It seems to me that a girl with short hair wants to be masculine .
The term page"boy" after all is masculine.
It tells me she's not interested in a man, she wants a horse ,something to be controlled .not a mutual respect.
After all, why do women ask other women what they like, rather then asking their man what he likes ?
One of the things i miss is having her hair in my face and the fragrance and feel on my face.
But that was long ago and far away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships