Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2015, 09:17 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times

Advertisements

Everything I put in the salad went through the food processor with the slicing disk except for the tomato and the chicken.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:18 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I haven't fixed Shepherd's Pie since Mr. CSD was diagnosed with Diabetes and we discovered potatoes spiked his numbers 80 points for about 1 tablespoon of potato.

With this change in medication though he can eat about 4 ounces of potato without the number spikes so I'll have to fix that again soon.
Most of the time we do half-and-half potatoes and cauliflower. Still pretty tasty. I'm not going to say how much butter I used, though.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:19 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,780,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Close. It does start with a "P."
Since I did consult on that credit card issue, I feel like I should get a percentage of any winnings

(I'll invoice you later)

Old 05-28-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Most of the time we do half-and-half potatoes and cauliflower. Still pretty tasty. I'm not going to say how much butter I used, though.

Mr. CSD is not fond of the potato/cauliflower mix but he likes cauliflower separately.
I fix it like my grandma used to, steamed very soft, drain the water then take one stick of butter and place on top of the cauliflower and as it is melting gently separate into smaller pieces, add pepper if you want and enjoy.

I never did like her brussels sprouts though but the way I fix those and asparagus is very tasty.
I use either bacon or prosciutto chopped into small pieces, toss in the pan with butter and onion, garlic as well if you like garlic.
The brussels sprouts should already be steamed soft and after the bacon, onion and garlic is sauteed take the brussels sprouts either whole or cut into half or quarters and toss them in the pan and warm them through.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Since I did consult on that credit card issue, I feel like I should get a percentage of any winnings

(I'll invoice you later)
Yes, I'm sure they'll come home loaded down with cash.

(Of course. And I'll be awaiting your social security number in order to notify the IRS.)

Old 05-28-2015, 09:33 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,780,869 times
So the ex sister-n-law (AKA cat killer) comes to pick up my niece after she got off work, and they stay for dinner for the 3rd night in a row, and didn't leave until 9:30. I'm seeing a habit forming here. Apparently I am feeding this woman now.

And I mentioned that I am getting my niece a cat, and she says "Well, I hate cats". I said no ****. You are preaching to the choir, but the cat is not going anywhere near your house

That's like Hitler casually mentioning post-holocaust that he doesn't like a few things either. Really? I didn't know that

Last edited by BioMechanical; 05-28-2015 at 09:42 PM..

Old 05-28-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Mr. CSD is not fond of the potato/cauliflower mix but he likes cauliflower separately.
I fix it like my grandma used to, steamed very soft, drain the water then take one stick of butter and place on top of the cauliflower and as it is melting gently separate into smaller pieces, add pepper if you want and enjoy.

I never did like her brussels sprouts though but the way I fix those and asparagus is very tasty.
I use either bacon or prosciutto chopped into small pieces, toss in the pan with butter and onion, garlic as well if you like garlic.
The brussels sprouts should already be steamed soft and after the bacon, onion and garlic is sauteed take the brussels sprouts either whole or cut into half or quarters and toss them in the pan and warm them through.
I don't feel so bad now.

The other stuff sounds good, too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
So the ex sister-n-law (AKA cat killer) comes to pick up my niece after she got off work, and they stay for dinner for the 3rd night in a row, and didn't leave until 9:30. I'm seeing a habit forming here. Apparently I am feeding this woman now.

And I mentioned that I am getting my niece a cat, and she says "Well, I hate cats". I said no ****. You are preaching to the choir, but the cat is not going anywhere near your house

That's like Hitler casually mentioning post-holocaust that he doesn't like a few things either. Really? I didn't know that
Kinda like a stray cat...

Okay, I've got to go to bed. Good night, you guys.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:16 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Quote:

Sometimes we have our cauliflower with the melted butter but most of the time we brown the butter, then pour it over the cauliflower or we make a melted cheese sauce to pour over......yum.....

I like all veggies, basically.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:27 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
If you have Amazon Prime membership it's free to watch 2 seasons of Banshee, very good action packed shootemup episodes.....

Banshee (TV Series 2013

Old 05-28-2015, 11:56 PM

Sea, I only use real butter, real sour cream, real cream, etc.
Mr. CSD uses splenda sweetner and prefers the sugar free jello and pudding.
Otherwise no substitutes or fat free, low carb, etc.
Unless our daughter is eating then I use as much gluten free as possible with her issue with gluten but it isn't severe as long as she limits the amount she has at one time.

Edited to add: Mr. Hawk, I have browned the butter before just lightly and Mr. CSD didn't care for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships