Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 01:24 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,171,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Don't put words in my mouth. I never said any of what you posted above.

Uh, lets see. You were saying my advice was bad, and all I said was to reach out to the resources for people in her situation.

Yet then you said I was suggesting she should go to a shelter (which I never did).

Pot meet kettle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 01:30 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,305,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Uh, lets see. You were saying my advice was bad, and all I said was to reach out to the resources for people in her situation.

Yet then you said I was suggesting she should go to a shelter (which I never did).

Pot meet kettle.
I did not say it was bad. However, I don't think it is not as practical as you think it is. Why? Your suggestion does not resolve the fact that for the rest of her life he will be hunting her down. That no one can keep him locked up forever. That she knows full and well that she will never be safe on this planet as long as he is here.

Anyway I will not continue discussing this with you. You want to flame this thread and I was offering sincere help because I know the type of man she is dealing with.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I did not say it was bad. However, I do think it is not as practical as you think it is. Why? Your suggestion does not resolve the fact that for the rest of her life he will be hunting her down. That no one can keep him locked up forever. That she knows full and well that she will never be safe on this planet as long as he is here.

Anyway I will not continue discussing this with you. You want to flame this thread and I was offering sincere help because I know the type of man she is dealing with.

I (and others) suggested she contacts resources for battered women and getting information and advice. You think this advice was not helpful and was just trying to flame the thread. You think she will be hunted down for this contact.

You want her to get a gun to improve her situation with a gun wielding psycho.

You're trying to help. I'm not.

Got it.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:38 PM

15,097 posts, read 10,189,905 times
Firearm?.. in this state of mind?... absolutely NO. She is no position to defend herself with or without a firearm...

If she was in a state of mind that could safely walk to the store, buy a firearm, know how to use a firearm, be safe with a firearm, and use it when absolutely necessary, then she could have easily walked out a long time ago.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You want her to get a gun to improve her situation with a gun wielding psycho.
Your anti-gun stance is your issue.

You bet she needs a gun to protect her and her sons when dealing with a gun wielding monster that wants to hunt her down.

You make it sound as if I am suggesting go get a gun and go to battle with him. That is not what I am suggesting.

Make no mistake that no matter how much time has passed from the time she leaves and no matter where she goes or however far away that as long as he is alive on this planet he will one day hunt them down until he finds them.

She needs to be well prepared when that day arrives.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Your anti-gun stance is your issue.

And more putting words in my mouth that I never uttered. Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Firearm?.. in this state of mind?... absolutely NO. She is no position to defend herself with or without a firearm...

If she was in a state of mind that could safely walk to the store, buy a firearm, know how to use a firearm, be safe with a firearm, and use it when absolutely necessary, then she could have easily walked out a long time ago.
Seriously.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:44 PM

15,097 posts, read 10,189,905 times
I'm not anti-gun.... grew up around them in Texas. I still think it is a bad idea.

Maybe.. just maybe it will appropriate once she's out of the situation and relocated to safety. But now... while things are not stable? no.

Oh.. and if this guy has a military background, simply owning a gun is not going to be a deterrent... if that's what is being implied.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I'm not anti-gun.... grew up around them in Texas. I still think it is a bad idea.

Maybe.. just maybe it will appropriate once she's out of the situation and relocated to safety. But now... while things are not stable? no.

I'm not either. I'm an avid outdoorsman. She just made that up.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:

This is assuming a lot. It takes women in this situation especially with kids a very long time to wake up and realize that they can't go on living like this.

The OP is finally at the stage of making the first steps to get out of this nightmare.

She has the strength to now take these steps. I doubt a long time ago she had the strength or courasge to make these steps. Some women never do. Major kudos to the OP for having the strength and courage to make these first steps.

No doubt she needs to learn how to use a gun confidently in order to protect herself for the rest of her life from him or any other predator.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:47 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,264,242 times
Quote:

See post #110 I stand strong by my advice. I know the type of human she is dealing with.
You are projecting here.

You were giving good advice yesterday but not so much today. You know YOUR situation, that's it.

The OP is NOT the first and only woman this has ever happened to. She can research options in her community IF SHE REALLY WANTS TO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships