Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 11:02 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,221,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
I do not think it suppose funny at all.
I am very blunt and I write like that.
You have, once again, made my point for me! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 11:08 AM

50,438 posts, read 64,253,963 times
She is not your wife, and therefore not family. Why should she be invested?

In my world, a shack up of 3 years is about 2 years too long. If you wanted to marry her, you would have by now.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:08 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,713,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Maybe she hates babies, the undying attention, the cooing, the gift-buying, and all the rest of it.
Except that the OP wrote this in his subsequent post:

Quote:
She definitely wants kids...no doubt about it...and sooner than later because of a health condition she has. She loves them. Her best friend is having a baby shower next month and she's been so involved in trying to plan it.

I am absolutely certain it has to do with her not liking my brother's wife, but why must she be standoffish to the rest of my family..? She'll take a 3 hour road trip to visit the baby of a friend of a friend of a friend (exaggerating but the example is realistic) but I'm certain wouldn't take the 10 minute drive to my brother's house.
The OP also seems to be blatantly ignoring various things he quite vocally discussed in an earlier thread, including,

"She has also been insulted by them [family] behind her back numerous times so every time she's around (or we are), they put up a facade and pretend like everything is hunky dory."

"Brother and his wife get a new house in the summer. My Mom is furious because my GF doesn't have the time to see it...His wife has been nasty to my GF in the past though everyone looks at his wife as the second coming of Christ... My mom is complaining that my GF hasn't sent them a congratulatory note or any acknowledgement..."

"Overall, sounds like my family (mom in particular) is trying to make situations that cause conflict between my GF and I. It's destroying me emotionally."

And now he's playing the "I just don't get why she's so standoffish with my family!' card. For real, dude? It's a big mystery? Really?

Old 05-06-2015, 11:15 AM

511 posts, read 510,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
ROFL. I'm not calling them ugly, that was in regards to the quote about no one wants to see their squished faces. I should have used quotes.
I don't know why but that was the funniest thing I've read in a while...

Old 05-06-2015, 11:16 AM

50,438 posts, read 64,253,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Could just be she's not into babies. Not everyone goes gaga over kids.
...and please don't show me pictures of your cat or dog either.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:18 AM

511 posts, read 510,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Maybe she hates babies, the undying attention, the cooing, the gift-buying, and all the rest of it.
It has always seemed somewhat shallow to me, these rituals...

Old 05-06-2015, 11:36 AM

5,297 posts, read 5,257,111 times
Its not even a relations baby, its the baby of someone and a family that she has no bond with, isnt even friends with. It doesnt matter if she did go see the kid, something would be said badly about her one way or the other. Its a lose lose for her.

She's doing the right thing. If she wanted to see the kid, she would.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:41 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,713,704 times
Which begs the question of why anybody would continue to carry on a multi-year relationship with somebody where there is such blatant hostility between the person and the family, and tone-deafness to the situation on the part of the person who is the common bond between the two entities.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:52 AM

5,206 posts, read 4,688,164 times
OP, what have you done to shield your girlfriend from the hostility from your mother? It's not an enviable position to be in but you have to do your part to protect the one you love.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:57 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,777,956 times
I feel bad for the OP, with a mother constantly doting over his brother's achievements. First his beautiful new house that her other son and his girlfriend were supposed to visit and praise, now the first grandbaby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships