Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 01:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
The country boys my age are mostly divorced with kids. The one I am currently dating falls under that category.
I'm talking divorced, kids are older, wants to settle down again...that kind of guy.

I don't mean divorced, kids are young, and they're still bitter about the child support.

You got married because your ex gave you a credit card to buy a wedding ring.

You do not have good judgment when it comes to marriageable men.

I think you know that already, though.

Most women who were handed a credit card to buy a ring would hand it back and tell the dude to get lost.

You have low self esteem, no matter how much you try to convince everyone here that you don't.

If you didn't, you wouldn't date the guys you're dating.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:16 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,039,379 times
I was 23 and pregnant. Seemed like the best thing to do at the time. Now I see all
The red flags. I ask men if theybsee themselves getting married one day and leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 01:18 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,238,153 times
But there are limits to how much of your illiquid assets can excluded, especially when you're looking at multiple properties and vehicles. I do hope you have a good tax accountant and/or attorney, because it can get very messy.

ETA: I'm not trying to be nosy or anything. I just interned with a CPA, so I've still got taxes on the brain.
Quote:
Things like cars, home equity and retirement accounts are excluded.

The proceeds from the sale of house 1 are being used to pay towards house 2. It is not money that I am seeing in my account anyway.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
But there are limits to how much of your illiquid assets can excluded, especially when you're looking at multiple properties and vehicles. I do hope you have a good tax accountant and/or attorney, because it can get very messy.
My state has no limits on autos, home equity and retirement. Those would not be considered liquid. I do not know the limit for actual savings. I provide my bank information and the case worker takes it from there.

I am losing money on the house, so no financial gain for tax purposes.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:04 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
I was 23 and pregnant. Seemed like the best thing to do at the time. Now I see all
The red flags. I ask men if they see themselves getting married one day and leave it at that.
Well, I've said all I can say about this, I reckon.

I'm confident that my advice is sound.

You can mull it over or ignore it at your leisure.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:40 PM

9,110 posts, read 6,329,862 times
Quote:
Yeah well the goody good white collar men ...
*snicker*

The OP doesn't know many white collar men apparently. There's a huge difference between being responsible with life and being 'goody good'.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:14 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
*snicker*

The OP doesn't know many white collar men apparently. There's a huge difference between being responsible with life and being 'goody good'.
The problem is the men she desires don't want her. It's a problem with many but some do reach higher than they can. Simply put, a woman on welfare with two kids by two different men is not going to appeal to a professional man with education (she has made comments about not being into education)who has his life together. She can find a man but it won't be a man she considers at her level.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:15 PM

210 posts, read 156,807 times
Quote:
The red flags. I ask men if theybsee themselves getting married one day and leave it at that.
I'd be surprised if that's what you're telling people in real life, as it wouldn't take long to do the math. According to your own posts, you were married from age 23 to 25. You are 36, your daughter is 11, and your EXH is not her father.

You know, most of us here are adults who get that life is often complicated and not so black and white. I don't really know why you feel the need to fudge facts in order to maybe somehow look better to a bunch of internet strangers? I would only suggest that if you want to have honest discussions and sincere feedback, that you consider being truthful, even if it means the self-reflection stings a bit.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
The problem is the men she desires don't want her. It's a problem with many but some do reach higher than they can. Simply put, a woman on welfare with two kids by two different men is not going to appeal to a professional man with education (she has made comments about not being into education)who has his life together. She can find a man but it won't be a man she considers at her level.
I am not looking for a white collar professional. Suits and ties do nothing for me. I want a man that matches my personality.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsangel2 View Post
I'd be surprised if that's what you're telling people in real life, as it wouldn't take long to do the math. According to your own posts, you were married from age 23 to 25. You are 36, your daughter is 11, and your EXH is not her father.

You know, most of us here are adults who get that life is often complicated and not so black and white. I don't really know why you feel the need to fudge facts in order to maybe somehow look better to a bunch of internet strangers? I would only suggest that if you want to have honest discussions and sincere feedback, that you consider being truthful, even if it means the self-reflection stings a bit.
I am sorry I was 24 when I married him. I was off by one year. We were together married a little less than two years. I was pregnant when I married him and he is not her biological dad.

Not sure where that one year makes much of a difference though. 23, 24... Not much difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships